Big Block ?

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put a 440 into a 64-66 Barracuda? I just had to ask since there isn't that much room in the engine compartment.

i saw a 440 in a 65 valiant... fenderwell exit headers are the only way....

Any chance of some pic of your 383 instillation? I am thinking about stuffing a 383 in my 65 dart eventually. And have been trying to figure out the exhaust thing. Thanks!!

I have a 65 Valiant with a 383 and stock 69 manifolds!!! It can be done!

Cliff, does this mean you've come back to us? All kidding aside, I'm glad to see you post something again.

saw a '66 cuda. Manifolds hit the steering shaft after 1/4 turn. Dont know what they ever did to fix it

Has anyone put a 440 into a 64-66 Barracuda? I just had to ask since there isn't that much room in the engine compartment.

Yep. I haven't built my headers yet, but that will be later this year. I'm currently removing the rear shock crossmember for installation of an upper coil over shock mount. I'll try to get some updated pictures when I get back home from this trip.

Attachments

• DSCF3995.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCF3993.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 323
  • DSCF3994.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 320
Yep. I haven't built my headers yet, but that will be later this year.

One question: where do the two middle exhaust ports exit in relation to where the shock mounts? It looks like a straight pipe into the inner fender would clear the shock, but I can't tell from your pictures.

One question: where do the two middle exhaust ports exit in relation to where the shock mounts? It looks like a straight pipe into the inner fender would clear the shock, but I can't tell from your pictures.

I'll try to get some better pictures when I get home next week.

Any chance of some pic of your 383 instillation? I am thinking about stuffing a 383 in my 65 dart eventually. And have been trying to figure out the exhaust thing. Thanks!!
I will try to send some pictures later this week, no time at the moment! It's not all that bad, that is if you don't mind a challenge. My 65 Valiant was a v200 (273/904), the trans cross member works!!, The K frame works!! You will need to move the steering box towards the fender about 3/8" of an inch by elongating the bolt holes. You will also need to mill the pass side manifold inward 7 degrees, this will help to tuck it in and away from the steering box. You will need to purchase or fabricate some motor mounts. I fabed mine. I think Shoemacker ( spelling) makes some, Expensive!! This is not going to be easy!! Send Me your e-mail and I will be happy to send pics and help you along!! There are a few tricks to doing this, and a few do's and dont's. Give me a shout!!

I hope this helps some one but its a year old thread for cliffs friends that think hes back on sorry guys

I hope this helps some one but its a year old thread for cliffs friends that think hes back on sorry guys

Oh, wow. I'm not a friend of Cliff's but I have seen and learned from ton's of his posts and didn't notice the '11 to '12 switch in this post. What a crazy bump.

...Doesn't mean I'm not still interested though Copperhead. :)

Oh, wow. I'm not a friend of Cliff's but I have seen and learned from ton's of his posts and didn't notice the '11 to '12 switch in this post. What a crazy bump.

...Doesn't mean I'm not still interested though Copperhead. :)
Hay now i didnt say dont keep it going i was just letting any one thinking cliff was better and back online that he was not keep it going cuz im into this thread to lol :cheers:

Hay now i didnt say dont keep it going i was just letting any one thinking cliff was better and back online that he was not keep it going cuz im into this thread to lol :cheers:

Yeah, we all miss Cliff.
Good to see a thread he started revived, it's just as good if he was back.
He will be soon, hopefully......
Any word yet Asa?
Tom.

Yeah, we all miss Cliff.
Good to see a thread he started revived, it's just as good if he was back.
He will be soon, hopefully......
Any word yet Asa?
Tom.
Alittle i updated His wifes thread ... its sticky in G.D :thumblef:

Me and my dad dropped a 440 into our 66 dart race car. It takes a little work but it can be done. I will try to get some pics of it and post them.

Yep. I haven't built my headers yet, but that will be later this year. I'm currently removing the rear shock crossmember for installation of an upper coil over shock mount. I'll try to get some updated pictures when I get back home from this trip.

If I understand it correctly, the 383 and 440 are the same block so I could expect to run into the same problems you're facing if I wanted to put a 383 in my '65 Barracuda, correct?

-
Back