Biohazard

-
You were having a difficult time keeping her running back in the late fall.

Spring is here, time to get out there and get 'er running and give others a chance to see a beautiful car driving around:D

I understand completely how life can stall a project. Probably get it more than most.

True this. If I listed all the other things I did get done in this timeframe, the thread would be even longer than this one. Distractions, yes. Couch potato, no.

You were having a difficult time keeping her running back in the late fall.

Spring is here, time to get out there and get 'er running and give others a chance to see a beautiful car driving around:D

It was that electronic 'ready to run' distributor. The seller replaced it and the motor runs good. Decided to let it run for a bit yesterday. Got about 20 minutes out of her fussing with idle mix and timing before all the old gas ran out. She smokes a lot. Not sure why. Kind of a bummer as smoky cars are embarrassing.

Had a new windshield put in 2 weeks ago. New clips and gasket had been sitting around for over a year. You'll just have to imagine it I guess.

I was just thinking..... it has been a long while since any updates. How is the progress on the barracuda?

Slow, if any.

I had a problem where the engine would idle fine for about 20 minutes then just stall. Couldn't seem to time it, either, as I could get a good idle but it wouldn't rev. Turns out my manifold heat valve was stuck closed. Well, out it came. Permanently. Had a shop fill the holes with brass.

Then, I discovered that the pipe work (exhaust) wasn't so awesome. Hard to explain but I had to cut out a section of exhaust pipe that was protruding into the flow path with a dremel.

Engine runs great, now. Good idle, revs like it should, etc.

Brakes never worked 'cause I hadn't bench bled the master but that's all done now and the pedal feels good.

Big stuff left is front seat upholstery (I have all the stuff) and put the instrument panel in with all the fun cable and wire connections. So close yet I have so much other crap to do. Plus, the photobucket thing pissed me off so bad.... eh, I won't go there.

So that's it. Thanks for asking, by the way.

Trying to get back on this.

Had some dents on the inside of the doors needing a lil bondo, then paint, then install all of the door panels and parts.

Driver's door is repaired and painted. Once the paint is cured up, will install the new parts. Will also paint passenger door while waiting.

Unfortunately, the trans has to come out again. Evidently, I banged into the input shaft seal so, she wont hold her fluid.

Anyone notice the pics were back up? Probably not for long, though.

Check for cracks in the torque converter snout, they like to crack out of the corners of the pump drive slot. When the crack grows past the seal surface they start to leak.

Also, from sitting the torque converter will drain back into the transmission and overfill the pan which sometimes causes leaks at the shifter and kickdown seals, especially if they are old. The fluid runs around the top of the pan rail and drips off the bellhousing area.

Good to see you back at it!

Trying to get back on this.

Had some dents on the inside of the doors needing a lil bondo, then paint, then install all of the door panels and parts.

Driver's door is repaired and painted. Once the paint is cured up, will install the new parts. Will also paint passenger door while waiting.

Unfortunately, the trans has to come out again. Evidently, I banged into the input shaft seal so, she wont hold her fluid.

Anyone notice the pics were back up? Probably not for long, though.
The pics from photobucket?

QUOTE="Teeth & Tires, post: 1971260100, member: 29147"]I already have a trunk seal - just haven't installed it yet and hell if I can tell you the brand. I took it out of the bag and tossed the bag a long time ago. I do have a tube of proper weather strip adhesive to install it with, tho.

AND...my clips work famously! Did a test fit this morning as I was leaving for work and they snap right in and give a good amount of tension to hold the parts together. :D

I went ahead and ordered the cowl seals (both) from justmopar.com since they are selling the Metro brand, good price, and other folks seem to like 'em.

I also ordered (vansautollc) a speedometer cable. Really needed to do this a while back as trans fluid tends to drip out of the speedometer output when no cable is screwed on. I have an awesome pink puddle under the car :( The cable I've been holding onto is stiff as a board and is specific to cars equipped with......... ready? .........cruise control! It has threaded fittings at both ends. (The cuda takes a clip-on at the speedometer end) The guy who bought my cruise unit....you still here?

Damn Bio! Yeah back after a long absence- car is "done"- but not to the detail of yours- long story.

Just got through putting a/c in for the first ti
me in 23 years- and was eyeballing that cruise control for a winter project- and your thread notified me 30 mins ago of new activity...
...and I'm reading things I've missed.

Anyway, let me know if you can find it- I'll take it!

Sorry....find what exactly?

If you mean the cruise unit....its been gone a long time.

Last edited:
Reassembling the inner doors:

I was going to use heavy landscaping plastic and 2-sided tape to create the moisture barrier (sometimes called "vapor barrier"). While searching for said plastic, I came across a roll of clear, adhesive plastic used for laminating documents, maps, etc and thought I'd give that a try. Man, perfect for this application! And less flapping around since it's all adhesive backed.

Sorry....find what exactly?
Sorry back- that post I replied to was from 2016!
Gen2cudas- bought your cruise control way back when- and was re-reading your thread- you mentioned replacing your cruise control specific speedometer cable with aftermarket- and wondered if I was still around.
We need to compare notes. I hammered mine back together in a 3 month marathon about 2016 after a life change- still working bugs out and "finishing" stuff but she drives well! Nice to see you posting- a lot has changed here.

-
Back