Birth of the Blue Missile

-
love the dash!!! not sure about the hood scoop??? keep up the good work!!! and the console is awesome too!!!

Thanks for the kudos guys,
A quick update on progress this past week, its all been electrical, the rats nest of wires from the power distribution panel has bee tamed and most of the connectors are on. I have to pin out the steering wheel feeds at the column first then ill terminate those feeds at the panel.

In the mean time here are some pics of what is being assembled for the other side of the firewall attached to one of the connectors. It is actually going much more quickly than I thought it would. Labeling and documentation is the key here.
I bought a Brother P-touch just for this task.
I have seen a lot of posts, about kits for rewiring, if youre not anal like me I suggest going that way this is a LOT of work.
For the record there are 39 circuits available in the panel and Im using 33 of them.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo394.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 734
  • Photo566.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 732
  • Photo567.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 747
  • Photo568.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 726
  • Photo569.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 747
i think guys like us have some sort of sickness andrew. we both enjoy wiring.
i like the powerbraid. which variant are you using, and how do you like it?

michael

First, I NEVER said I liked it, and for the record my head exploded a couple of times during the process.I have been taking pain killers for a torn hip ligament, and a foggy brain is not a good brain.
In the mean time its called "snakeskin" and it rocks. So does the heat shrinkable tape you terminate it with.
Andrew

Andrew,

I am not looking forward to the wiring end of my build, I have never like wiring don't know why.
But I think you may be crazy (no offense) to take on such a task.

That being said it looks good. Try to control the head explosions LoL

"snakeskin" and heat shrinkable tape Andrew

Andrew, Can you provide some pictures of these 2 products, part numbers, manufactured by and maybe where to get them?

This will greatly help those of us in the "planning" stages of our build.

Thanks,

Joe Mc

T,
thanks for the encouragement, I knew this was going to be a bear, and my approach to such tasks is to break them down into smaller tasks.That is the reason for all the connectors. breaking this up into "modules" or sub assemblies, is what is keeping me sane. It also helps with the creation of all the documentation for the electrical system.
Joe,
I bought those items at a place called "Altex" which is an IT supply store. The items are generic and sold in bulk.The 'snakeskin' comes in various sizes from 1/4" to 1" and is kind of pricy. the larger the diameter the more it costs. I have discovered that 3/8" will expand to almost 1" you just lose some of the length. The 'heat shrinkable tape' is sold by the roll and is about $20 ea. I dont expect to use more than one roll for the car. I only use it to terminate the snakeskin around the bundles. Pics enclosed
I did manage to finish the steering wheel connectors, there are 25 conductors coming from the wheel
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo571.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 693
  • Photo570.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 707
  • Photo572.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 692
SB65,
thanks for the kudos.
For the rest of you my head feels like Kilauea its exploded so many times. I am however at the point with the wiring that I have to strip out the center console and the instrument cluster and get them all pinned out for connection to the harness. The pics are of the main harness everything attaches to.After thats done ill get on building the lighting harness.
By the way I bought a 6 amp battery charger that I intended to use for a temp power source to check all of the circuits. But unless there is a battery it wont put out any juice. anyone know how to bypass this function? (other than buying a battery)
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo574.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 653
  • Photo573.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 655
I got the front portion of the center console set up and attached to the power center. I also added the defroster and digital clock and an outside temp indicator I robbed from my computer tower.Andrew

Attachments

• Photo577.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 623
  • Photo576.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 623
  • Photo575.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 624
Hey Andrew,

What did you wrap that console with it looks good.

I want to see what happens when you hit the After burner switch

T,
thats 6K crows foot carbon fiber, the entire interior of the car is done with that fabric except the head liner which is 2K -5harness satin carbon.
The afterburners do nothing unless the compressors (hyperflow) are on.In which case there is between 1 and 17 inches of vacuum in the exhaust system. The burners work on unburnt fuel and vaporized gasoline. The total system should increase flow through the engine aprox %15
Andrew

Here is the latest progress, the power panel is in the car and so is the steering col.this is where it starts to get crazy and you find out you forgot a feed here or there or one goes to the wrong place, I have both of these problems, solvable but what was i thinking?
there is also a pic of the steering col going through the firewall. I will worry about terminating it when the AlterK arrives.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo578.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 592
  • Photo579.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 589
  • Photo580.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 581
  • Photo581.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 588
Just finished all twenty five pages of this thread, and all I can say is... wow! Your work is amazing, and I quite enjoyed your writing as well. Now I want to mount a rocket launcher on my Swinger... Hmmmmm...

Just finished all twenty five pages of this thread, and all I can say is... wow! Your work is amazing, and I quite enjoyed your writing as well. Now I want to mount a rocket launcher on my Swinger... Hmmmmm...
I think that is his next modification along with flame throwers,50 cal machine guns, oil slick maker,grenade launcher.

I think that is his next modification along with flame throwers,50 cal machine guns, oil slick maker,grenade launcher.

If I get my exhaust out from under the car, I have a friend who builds flame throwing exhaust kits.. His flaming '68 440-4spd Charger R/T has convinced me that this is an excellent plan.

A Robin Williams standup special once convinced me that fender-mounted machine guns are also a must in stand still traffic. Clearly Missile has the right idea.

Andrew,

Thanks again for letting me see your car and give me the tour of the tricks.

I finally got home an hour ago, but it was worth the extra 1.5 hours trip to see your car.

the video does not give that wing justice, it is very slick..

Tim,
it was an honor to meet you and your family. Thanks for stopping by and Im sure we can get together for some carbon work. Andrew

i just read this whole thread over the past couple of days and all i can say is WOW dude i enjoyed reading your story and your build has been amazing and i can wait to read more of both your story and your build i just have a few questions about the built
1.how are you planning on powering all the electronics?
2. are you goona keep the steel wheels up front?
3.when do you expect to have it finished?
thanks,
ron

Ron,
Thanks for the read and the kudos, I hope what sticks with you is God's mercy and grace.
In the mean time,
#1-I plan on using a 200 amp alt from a Dodge caravan.
#2- no, after the AlterK arrives I will put 17" x? on the front the same design as the rear.
#3 - $25,000
Andrew

Andrew,

Really? Come on now . . . they're never really "finished" are they? The only time I consider them to be finished is when someone else is driving them away after purchasing, and then "sometimes" they come back, then the fun starts all over again. . .

Keep up the great work!

-
Back