Birth of the Blue Missile

-
Andrew, You should change your screen name to "Wile Coyote - Super Genius" - LOL.

Your work never ceases to amaze me. Keep up the inventive work.

Joe,
Doc Brown or Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne...But WC? his stuff never works:D
In the mean time I started to get the hood scoop put together but I now have to use up my "shielding mix" so I can get the tank refilled with pure argon, the mix wont work for aluminum. So.. I started on the stainless battery box for the trunk. Ill do the trunk repairs tomm and set the box into the floor of the trunk.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo530.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 699
  • Photo532.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 704
OK...but I better not see any ACME stickers/logos on anything......

bish-1.jpg

Joe,
Doc Brown or Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne...But WC? his stuff never works

Andrew,

No insult intended, I always loved Road Runner / Bugs Bunny Hour on Saturdays as a kid. If they were still on now I'd be glued to the TV for at least an hour every Friday.

Although WC's stuff never worked, the theory was good, I think they mainly faied due to the loose nut behind the wheel . . .

Look forward to next update.

I got the flange completed and the main cutoff relay mounted and the top fabbed and the bulkhead pass throughs in place. will mount in repaired trunk this weekend.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo535.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 643
  • Photo537.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 651
  • Photo538.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 688
  • Photo539.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 653
that cut-off solinoid could be a great theft deterent....if only their was a way to switch ir remotely....hummmmmmm?

Mopar Missile!Yeah!!

MissleDustBad.jpg

Except if you want your 1/18 Missle to look correct, I have to give it the
once over........including a set of hand built metal headers, wheel tubs,
taller and wider rear tires along with a narrowed track and taller skinnier
front tires. Notice the side-by-side under chassis shot for comparison.

MISSLE09001.jpg

MISSLE09002.jpg

MISSLE09020.jpg

MISSLE09268.jpg

MISSLE090142.jpg
MISSLE090122.jpg

Denny,
Just for you:burnout:
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo541.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 638
  • Photo540.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 659
Andrew,

I have to say you do some quality work. I could not imagine what you would do if you had a big garage with tons of room for more tools?

You know Tim I thought about your comment and so far there would not be much that was different. However if things that should take three minutes, like cutting sheet metal on a shear, didn't end up taking thirty, after you cut the metal and then re cut it for straightness and then use a 4" grinder and flap wheel to really straighten it out, would have sped up the build considerably.
Andrew

Andrew,

I spend more time moving stuff around to get the job done than anything.

Either way nice work no matter how long it took you to get it straight.

I do the same thing, spend way to much time making sure something is perfectly straight, My wife says it is my OCD kicking in, but we both know it just has to look good.

Well keep up the good work. I might be down that way this coming holiday (Next Government Three day weekend) depending if my trailer is done in time.
I will let you know, maybe I can stop by and see this car in person.

Tim,
I would be honored.
in the mean time I have been trying to secure the supplies to continue with the electrical system. I got rid of the factory fire wall connector a long time ago and have finally found a company who has reasonable pricing on mil-spec connectors. They happen to be the same one I got the maintained switches for the console from.
My original connectors I was trying to use would only accept 18Ga wire and just the mating plug was $50.
Galco has a huge inventory and the first correct one they sent me has 20 pins that will accept 14Ga wire and the next one to replace the small one in the picture will have 10 pins to accept 10Ga wires, and will be the same size as the 20 pin plug.Both SETS of plugs which include the wall mount plug, the free hanging mate, and the back wire clamping shell. cost $40/ set. I am talking to their sales people about putting a package together for the MoPar crowd of both sets.
The pics are of both sets I got yesterday the smaller one is going back and being replaced with another size28 shell connector.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo559.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 564
  • Photo558.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 574
  • Photo557.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 564
First I got the replacement connector for the firewall set. It handles 10-12Ga and 4-14Ga wires and the othertakes 20-14Ga wires. This is the group of connectors Im trying to get them to price as a set to sell to us MoPar guys.
Next, for those who actually took the time to read the whole story,here are some pics for the upcoming book. Taken in 1974 during one of our mycological adventures.
Andrew
it turns out only one was small enough to upload. Ill resize the rest and post them later

Attachments

• Photo560.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 558
  • in the fog.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 533
were you one of those hippies???... I think i heard of you....

thats right...
the blue hippie....feared thruout the land!
......wait ..thats the Black Widows

nevermind
Denny

Actually Denny I was the photographer.
In the mean time I have installed the bulkhead connectors, i created studs on the inside of the car so all is removable from the inside.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo561.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 494
  • Photo563.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 505
  • Photo564.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 514
did you ever pass that underwater photography class?....just wonderin'.....

I took a couple of pics that turned out kinda like that...turns out...I forgot to peel off that protective plastic covering the lense....just a hint from your ol' buddy Denny

Denny,
Thats how foggy it was right as the sun came up. The rest is all the crap that has accumulated on those negatives. If you look real close you can see the ground.:happy10::glasses3::color::flower:
Andrew

OK .....now I get it

but why is that dude lookin at the girls a$$....never mind

-
Back