Black Friday sales. Who’s buying what.

-
Well I started spending money I don’t have today. I bought a 46 inch black harbor freight Yukon workbench. I’ve had my eyes on it for months and my local store had one. This is for head assembly, vacuum testing, transmission rebuilding tools, and engine building tools and supplies. I belong to their club so
I got early entry to the Black Friday sale, 50.00 off on the box, no interest for 6 months, and double Harbor Freight points. Nice bench for 300.00

View attachment 1716169598

View attachment 1716169599

View attachment 1716169600
How the heck are you unloading that from your truck? I sure hope you didn't fk up the healing process you're supposed to be going through....

How the heck are you unloading that from your truck? I sure hope you didn't fk up the healing process you're supposed to be going through....

I started sliding it off and stopped. My son is coming in from Cleveland Ohio tomorrow for the weekend. He’s going to stop by tomorrow. I’m wising up. Lol

I am a broke man right now and the deals are not enough for my liking.

Budget went to furnace and a/c replacement. Family will be warm in winter and for the first time in my families existence cold in summer

US Wheel is doing 10% off for Black Friday

U.S. Wheel Corp.
1700748694371.png

I bought a Tikka t3x in 6.5 Creedmoor last weekend so probably not doing any black Friday shopping. I may just have to focus on the wife and kids for Christmas.

Anybody know of anyone offering screaming deals on tires? I could use a couple sets of whitewalls (!) which are getting a little difficult to find, much less in the 14 and 15" sizes I need. :rolleyes:
I ordered my last set of whitewalls, 14" from Walmart, I remember the price was not that bad.

To anyone looking at rockers, I've had a few sets in hand and the SS 1.5 with steel hold downs have consistently been better quality than either of the SS sets with aluminum hold downs.

That kit with steel hold downs is sold by other vendors and seems to get better QC.

No idea about the aluminum ones they sell

Stopping at guitar center tomorrow, and harbor freight, and then getting a hellcat hood on the way home for our charger that my wife tagged a deer with. Somewhat busy day!

I'll be picking up a pair of Viking D/A shocks if I can find a vendor with a Black Friday deal. Otherwise I'll get a bunch of random stuff I don't need and gifts for the kids lol

Picked up a QA 1 K member and Calvert split mono springs. K member was already 10% off plus got another 10% off on everything thanks to GTX JOHN!

I wish the damn DMV would have some sort of sale. I have to figure out where to come up with about $360 to transfer title and get plates for this new to us Durango. Since our original one is down with a bad trans. (It needs plates renewed too, I'm almost a month over on it, if I go past 1 month over, no they stick ya for yet another $20) but ain't gonna happen til I get my kit for it's trans.... Then they don't give me 1 yr since renewal, it still reverts to October even if I don't get it til say April.
well Im even more pissed as I underestimated taht by a good stretch. The farkers changed things since I did my last license and title. "only" $416 now... and it was only that "cheap" because I bought something 20 years old.... 10 years or less and/or valued at $15k+ and it skyrockets from there........ Why does Illinois work so hard to be #1 in screwing its (unfortunate) residents? I havent even bought my first oil change or a lightbulb yet? and it needs tires..... them SOB's stole 1/2 of what I can buy a decent set of rubber for it.....
and why arent the people who dream this shyt up, rotting in prison?

To anyone looking at rockers, I've had a few sets in hand and the SS 1.5 with steel hold downs have consistently been better quality than either of the SS sets with aluminum hold downs.

That kit with steel hold downs is sold by other vendors and seems to get better QC.

No idea about the aluminum ones they sell
Can you please tell us a little more about what set of rockers your are talking about and maybe the other vendors contacts to see what they have?

Thanks in advance, I am looking.

Update time! I already got in my new 22" radiator and full engine gasket set for the wagon. I decided to skip the SM heads for now, but I'm splurging for new tunes in the wagon. Right now I have an excellent AM only factory radio that works flawlessly, the single dash speaker is fine, and it actually sounds quite good - for AM. I have no issue with AM having grown up on it, but the content any more is pretty poor. So, I'm biting the bullet for a new AM/FM bluetooth high power head unit that looks EXACTLY like the factory radio (which is an oddball). I'll add a set of 4" speakers out of sight in the dash, and a set of 6x9's in some ported enclosures for the rear. It should be a real game-changer. If I need to add a subwoofer later I will, but I'm going to give this a try first with what's coming in. This car is all factory everything so I really like the idea of it retaining its factory appearance no matter what I'm upgrading. I'm not sure if I'll be OK with the 6x9's in boxes sitting in the back of the cargo area, but we'll see how that goes. I do have a Plan B if needed.

Edit: The radiator and gaskets came from Summit. The radiator was already marked down 10% and they honored their 10% coupon on top of that. The speakers came from Crutchfield, they are Focals at 50% off. The radio is from Custom Auto Sound, 15% off. In all, I saved over $400.

Last edited:
Stopping at guitar center tomorrow, and harbor freight, and then getting a hellcat hood on the way home for our charger that my wife tagged a deer with. Somewhat busy day!
Guitar center? What's on your list?

I decided to pass on the SM heads this year, too. Too many other irons in the fire, had some things come up and money is tight right now. My current engines are fine as-is and I have a stack of decent X, J, etc. heads that will realistically serve just fine for anything I decide to screw together in the near future. So as much as I want to try out a set of SM heads, I have no immediate need. If I got them, I'd just have to build an engine to put them on, then I'd need to get a car to put it in, then I'd have to title and insure it, and then find a place to park it (I'm overfilled as it is), and then...you guys know the drill.
Still gonna take a flyer on some SBM 1.6 rockers and some SBF (don't ask) rockers, just for sh**s and grins; and get a set of tires if I can find a Black Friday special.

-
Back