Black Friday sales. Who’s buying what.

-
Well two sets of complete small block Speedmaster heads, spring cups, set of springs, and a ton of rocker shaft shims. I think I’m done.

Wallmart had a deal for hotchkiss subframe connectors for $38 bucks I think they screwed up. They sold out fast. LOL!

IMG_2970.png

Walmart had a deal for hotchkiss subframe connectors for $38 bucks I think they screwed up. They sold out fast. LOL!
They aren't sold out, they've just caught the mistake. They were being sold and shipped through a comany called JerrysRods. I bet someone's email started blowing up when the orders started flying in?
I snagged a pair, and I don’t even have a 108” car lol, couldn’t pass it up.
I was looking to buy a pair. If your deal goes through, want to double your money? lol

Guitar center? What's on your list?
I need a new acoustic amp. I had ordered an inexpensive Harley benton 12 string during black Friday early sale, and want a cleaner sound of a true acoustic amp instead of my fender twin, or g Dec.

If you have never been on the thomann website, check them out! Everything harley benton I have ever picked up has been much nicer for a budget line, compared to a fender squire, or Ibanez, catch is they are based in the UK, so they rack you a little bit for shipping, and you have to watch electronics being rated to EU, and not US.

I almost bought an amp from them, but many of them said "caution, 230v EU only" so I passed pn those, not really knowing what that meant. Lol...they weren't mega wattage or anything. So I don't think they meant like a "220" in US talk.

I need a new acoustic amp. I had ordered an inexpensive Harley benton 12 string during black Friday early sale, and want a cleaner sound of a true acoustic amp instead of my fender twin, or g Dec.

If you have never been on the thomann website, check them out! Everything harley benton I have ever picked up has been much nicer for a budget line, compared to a fender squire, or Ibanez, catch is they are based in the UK, so they rack you a little bit for shipping, and you have to watch electronics being rated to EU, and not US.

I almost bought an amp from them, but many of them said "caution, 230v EU only" so I passed pn those, not really knowing what that meant. Lol...they weren't mega wattage or anything. So I don't think they meant like a "220" in US talk.
230 volt EU only That's how Eddie VanHalen got started with his sound. 220v amp plugged into 120 here and cranked to 10. LoL. I picked up a nice Epiphone LP a couple months ago. B5 Blue Burst of course. I don't play much, just a few cord sets bit I am enjoying setting it up.

20231010_102323.jpg

230 volt EU only That's how Eddie VanHalen got started with his sound. 220v amp plugged into 120 here and cranked to 10. LoL. I picked up a nice Epiphone LP a couple months ago. B5 Blue Burst of course. I don't play much, just a few cord sets bit I am enjoying setting it up.

View attachment 1716170063
That's nice! My dad and i kind of "share" about 20 total. So he gets the American strats, and the carvins, and the les Paul's. And I end up with the monoprice, and mex strats, and the harley bentons, lol. Buts it's all good. Even the indio cheap ones are pretty damn nice these days.

I was actually gonna buy a gun safe today, but woke up with the worst stiff neck I've probably ever had. Flexeril isn't even touching it. It's like my neck is welded in the forward position. GRRRR

I bought Summit Racing™ Header-Back Dual Exhaust Systems SUM-680144. Got the engine in and hooked up in the 67 Dart earlier this week. The open headers sound good, but I need to not go deaf while I cruise it next year.

I guess nothing.... had stuff in the cart, then just exited out.... :)

They aren't sold out, they've just caught the mistake. They were being sold and shipped through a comany called JerrysRods. I bet someone's email started blowing up when the orders started flying in?

I was looking to buy a pair. If your deal goes through, want to double your money? lol

IMG_4922.png

I wish you could get these with mufflers other than the turbo muffler
Pretty sure you can. Order the set without mufflers, and then add the mufflers of your choice. Might need to adjust pipe length, depending on the muffler you choose.

Edit: 680145 is a three inch header back, for A-body, without mufflers. You will have to call to see if they sell a 2 1/2 header back without the muffs.

Last edited:
15% off of everything at Kevko

Can you please tell us a little more about what set of rockers your are talking about and maybe the other vendors contacts to see what they have?

Thanks in advance, I am looking.

Here's a link to all the SB rockers that SM sells:

The first set, 1.5 with steel hold downs, is also sold by PRW. I have a set of these from SM, and besides needing to be washed, they were really nice. Bronze bushings, decent machine work. (both links below)

The other two sets, 1.5/1.6 with aluminum hold downs, those seem to be sold only by SM. They use iron bushings, were full of machine chips/junk, the threads on the arms/adjusters/nuts were iffy and the adjusters even had the oil holes drilled wrong. (links below)

They're all made from the same forging. But my guess is that, like a lot of china made parts, the range of quality runs from junk to ok. The first set seems to be made for PRW and then SM picks them up from the same factory, which also makes the iron bushed ones specifically for SM, but with much lower QC.

Last edited:
I have a couple sets of SS Rockers with SS hood downs as well as the new DNA Aluminum rockers. They are both very nice. For 200 bucks I don’t think you can beat them? Especially for the daily driver/street rod or Friday night tract racer. Are Hughes better rockers? Probably but they aren’t 200 bucks lol.

Here's a link to all the SB rockers that SM sells:

[/URL][/URL]

The first set, 1.5 with steel hold downs, is also sold by PRW. I have a set of these from SM, and besides needing to be washed, they were really nice. Bronze bushings, decent machine work. (both links below)

[/URL][/URL]
[/URL][/URL]

The other two sets, 1.5/1.6 with aluminum hold downs, those seem to be sold only by SM. They use iron bushings, were full of machine chips/junk, the threads on the arms/adjusters/nuts were iffy and the adjusters even had the oil holes drilled wrong. (links below)

[/URL][/URL]
[/URL][/URL]

They're all made from the same forging. But my guess is that, like a lot of china made parts, the range of quality runs from junk to ok. The first set seems to be made for PRW and then SM picks them up from the same factory, which also makes the iron bushed ones specifically for SM, but with much lower QC.
When I talked to Mike at B3 a while back, he mentioned that the PRW stainless rockers have a nicer roller axle than the SM stainless rockers. They may be made in the same factory, but according to him, there is a difference in axles. He also recommended soaking them in oil prior to installation to help prevent galling the axle.

Well I got my two sets of Speedmaster heads already.

April Fools.

Five sets of heads incoming. I better clean up my shop.

-
Back