BluePrint Engines 408 Roller Cam Stroker Engine - Pre Release Offer!

-
I'd say we'll market it around 12 to play it safe, but 13-14ish wouldn't be out of the question. its not gonna pull 19... just to be honest.

That sound about right with that amount of duration on the cam. Also, if I did my numbers right, that cam with a 1.6 rocker gives a .580 lift on the intake. :D I agree with the other poster, put some Trick Flows on that as a short block, and hold on!

That sound about right with that amount of duration on the cam. Also, if I did my numbers right, that cam with a 1.6 rocker gives a .580 lift on the intake. :D I agree with the other poster, put some Trick Flows on that as a short block, and hold on!
I Imagine if someone was throwing money at us to order one with the TFS setup we could look into it. It's a pricey upgrade though with that rocker setup, but it seems pretty badass. would need a Victor too!

I Imagine if someone was throwing money at us to order one with the TFS setup we could look into it. It's a pricey upgrade though with that rocker setup, but it seems pretty badass. would need a Victor too!

It would be, but honestly it would probably be no better of a street engine. My block is at the machine shop now getting looked at unfortunately, but it is not in good shape, this looks like a great way to go. Keep up the good work.

It would be, but honestly it would probably be no better of a street engine. My block is at the machine shop now getting looked at unfortunately, but it is not in good shape, this looks like a great way to go. Keep up the good work.
For anything that isn't dedicated Strip use, i don't think i'll ever build another one myself. You can't buy the parts and sit them in a pile on the floor, for what we can deliver a dyno tested, 30 month warranty engine. When you're buying things 1000's at a time...makes it easy to pass that savings down to the customer. I really enjoy selling them to you guys, because i do think its a huge money and time saver, and of course helps me justify more on the mopar front.

For anything that isn't dedicated Strip use, i don't think i'll ever build another one myself. You can't buy the parts and sit them in a pile on the floor, for what we can deliver a dyno tested, 30 month warranty engine. When you're buying things 1000's at a time...makes it easy to pass that savings down to the customer. I really enjoy selling them to you guys, because i do think its a huge money and time saver, and of course helps me justify more on the mopar front.

I should have wrote, if my block is bad, but still like the idea of the warranty, dyno, and so forth. I will certainly be in contact you if I end up going with your guys engine.

Just wrote up another one. Thanks again All. you guys are great. If they keep churning like this it'll be easier and easier to explore more new offerings in the future!

what do you do, if anything for oil control? do these have windage trays or can you request a different pan or anything? thanks

what do you do, if anything for oil control? do these have windage trays or can you request a different pan or anything? thanks
Morning, the pan we typically use in production on this BOM has a scraper and trap doors. If a customer changes the pan to fit a truck...Or they want to change it themselves to a specific pan, that's fine. They can change it without any warranty concerns.

Morning, the pan we typically use in production on this BOM has a scraper and trap doors. If a customer changes the pan to fit a truck...Or they want to change it themselves to a specific pan, that's fine. They can change it without any warranty concerns.

To reiterate...... adding to the above, The mopar 408 tested identical with both an aftermarket, and stamped metal pan. No oil pressure, windage, or issues otherwise. I state again that if someone wants to change out the pan, thats no problem with me, but our engines are not advertised with any specific brand pan, and thus it vary may well come with a stamped steel one, pending production and inventory on hand. Just want to be clear/honest with everyone.

I know a lot of these guys......me included aren't a fan of hydraulic lifters. Is there an option to switch to a solid roller?

I know a lot of these guys......me included aren't a fan of hydraulic lifters. Is there an option to switch to a solid roller?
With solids, we can't count on out entire customer base to understand lashing valves, and that rockers may need backed off over winter, etc... With hydraulics we don't have that issue.
With some 800+ NA HP engines in our fleet, and even some "power adder" engines maxing over 1400HP with boost, we simply still don't see lifter failures.
thats my quick and dirty answer as to why we don't offer solids at this time.

...and thus it vary may well come with a stamped steel one, pending production and inventory on hand. Just want to be clear/honest with everyone.
but either way it still has the scraper and trap doors, yes?

With solids, we can't count on out entire customer base to understand lashing valves, and that rockers may need backed off over winter, etc... With hydraulics we don't have that issue.
With some 800+ NA HP engines in our fleet, and even some "power adder" engines maxing over 1400HP with boost, we simply still don't see lifter failures.
thats my quick and dirty answer as to why we don't offer solids at this time.

I have to ask, whos lifters are you using? That a great track record, as I have been hearing quite a few problems/failures from various vendors lately.

I have to ask, whos lifters are you using? That a great track record, as I have been hearing quite a few problems/failures from various vendors lately.
There are only a "few" companies in the world making a "good" lifter. Most are sold as various popular brand names, but actually manufactured by one of these few. This specific lifter, on this chrysler, comes from SBI. USA Brand.

but either way it still has the scraper and trap doors, yes?
we tested a straight OEM replacement with 5 quarts in it, and at this power/RPM level, there were zero differences in oil pressure, windage, etc.

I’m still having a lot of fun with my frist one still trying to get mine into the 11s but when I move on to my next motor blue print has my business ,customer service is awesome

Last edited:
I’m still having a lot of fun with my frist one still trying to mine into the 11s but when I move on to my next motor blue print has my business customer service is awesome
Looking forward to my first from them should be in a few more week I'm guessing.

I could like them in the 815 horse /632 "rat"they offer, with a 30,000 mile warranty !!

Are these cast crank, stock rod or forged crank, h beam rotating assemblies?

Well Blueprint shipped my new engine today And as soon as it arrives will post some pictures.
Happy camper I am.

Any Chance of getting a preliminary Dyno Sheet?
upload_2019-9-23_15-59-14.png

-
Back