Bob Riggle has passed away….

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
What a nice guy he was, met him a few times, RIP Bob, you will be missed by many!!

C7C6EB72-6A48-45FD-9F55-F8B2C4A6F33A.jpeg

At least Jay Leno got to have the ride of a lifetime! lol May Bob rest in peace.

R.I.P. Bob Riggle.
I bet you helped sell a lot of Mopars over the years, and had a lot of fun along the way.
You will be sorely missed...

I met him a few times. 66340 sedan hung out with him at Brainerd Raceway, even got to sit in his car. One of my favorites.RIP

I used to work at a shop down the street from his shop I went to JR high school with his son I new the family well every time I go see him do his exhibition runs he would always talk to me as a long lost son I will truly miss my buddy and friend rip mr Riggle

I got to see him run in the 90's. He left the line and the car slammed down...broke rear. Talked to him for a good 20 minutes in the pits, he was a super nice guy. I still have the picture he autographed for me.
I believe it was the same show where I met Ronnie Sox. Another super nice guy who loved to chat about mopars. Funny thing is I think he was driving a furd at the time. (A furd is a blend of a turd and a ford).

Bob was a great guy. First met him at the Topeka show about 20 years ago. Talked to him again a few times at Vegas and he bought a 37 Plymouth from a friend there. After 50 years I finally got to see him run.
RIP Bob.

Sad to hear. Was fortunate to meet him just a few years ago in Carlisle. He was easy to talk to and seemed to have time for everyone. Boy was I surprised the next morning when I saw him having breakfast in the same hotel I was staying in. Waved to me, said good morning and again we had a short but very pleasant chat. Great guy. Gonna be missed for sure.
RIP.

It always struck me when he flipped the barracuda with jay leno how calm both were after.

"You alright?" Was the first words.... no cursing.

He was a great guy, met and talked several times in Vegas and Denver. Wife has a night shirt(T shirt to small for me) with his autograph on it.

I met and talked with him in Las Vegas a few years ago. Great guy!

I met Bob at The Nats one time when he was there to do exhibition runs. The things I remember about him were, how nice of a guy he was, and how BIG of a guy he was. Not overweight, but just a BIG guy. He was quite a showman with his runs too. R.I.P. Bob.

I made him when I was 25 years old and seen him about every year and got an autograph ever year from him he's an awesome guy

RIP Mr. Riggle (Legend !)
Can't believe I'd never seen the Riggle / Leno video. Wow.
Leno "Well, that certainly was exciting."

Saw Riggle at great Lakes Dragway early 90's, Landy, Sox, Jungle Jim....all those dudes.

Bob was a funny guy. His wife is a hoot too. I saw him do his last run ever, twice, and that was before the crash with Jay. She wanted him to stop way before he finally did. One weekend at Vegas he was having a hard time. God he had to be 80 then. First he came out of the hole all sideways. I asked him what happened? He giggled and said " I had two different size tires on the rear". Next the car struggled bad coming out if the hole and then coasted down the track. He giggled again and said he took off in 2nd.

-
Back