body lines on 64 cuda

-

Garry

Reaction score
Upon blocking down , I noticed a faint parallel line at the top rear quarters about 2" down from where it rolls in. Both sides have it. Did I make this when I was sanding that cove area or is it factory. I am aware of the one in the panel below the trunk deck it is about an inch down and runs left to right. I attached a picture. any help from a good body man???

Attachments

• bug pics 021.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 218
Im no expert body man. Maybe the quarter panel was replaced at one time and the line is where the weld jjoint is.

I believe you created the line while sanding. My '64 Valiant doesn't have it, and I've never noticed Barracudas to be different.

No, I can feel back there that panel is all one piece from the topside ss strip down. I guess sanding it differently 2nd time exposed what I did the 1st time go figure. Any one else to chime in??

Either you made it or that is where it was pinstripped once and it is raised now and showing up.

X2 on the pin stripe, you may have to prime it and block a couple times with guide coat to get it out or strip it down and feather it out and prime it then block it:cheers: It's looking good

I will be posting more pics soon, This car is going to be a show winner. I want my 8 & 5 yr old grand kids going up there for that best of show award. It will be its original black, gold interior, has 273 torque flite, push button, & 71/4 posi!!! Love this car. It was my dads. Don't remember the pin stripe though, maby before it had its only paint job in 1974.

Please do not try for best of show, those cars are almost never driven for fear of mud or road chips. There are also sold often to restart over again with driver quality.

My 65 doesn't have that mark - but it's got lots of layers on it and some filler that was poorly done. Seems like an odd place to put a color change like 2 tone or a pinstripe. What did it look like before? Is there a picture of it like that?

-
Back