Bolt pattern 1965 Barracuda

-

Ooh barracuda

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the bolt pattern on my 1965 Barracuda?
it is a 273 Automatic
also how would I measure it
THANKS

If it hasn't been modified it would be 5 lugs on a 4 inch pattern.

Attachments

• bolt_pattern.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 864
  • Bolt-Patterns-Car-Wheel.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 3,060
I was looking for a simple way to do this, I still want to keep my 14" hub caps and tires but would like to swap back and forth a set of Hurst wheels here are a few pics of my car and the hurst wheels..... Let me know your thoughts on the hurst wheels for the Barracuda THANKS

I was looking for a simple way to do this, I still want to keep my 14" hub caps and tires but would like to swap back and forth a set of Hurst wheels here are a few pics of my car and the hurst wheels..... Let me know your thoughts on the hurst wheels for the Barracuda THANKS

Wheel adapters are the simple way to do this and the only way you're going to be able to go back and forth between your stock wheels and those Hurst wheels which by the way look great. Summit sells them. There is controversy about adapters, some believe they are unsafe while others say they are ok in normal driving.

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/johnm1957/media/002-21.jpg.html

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/johnm1957/media/023-1.jpg.html

Those wheels are sweet but you need to be sure and watch the back spacing if you go with wheel adapters.

Thanks So, has anyone else used the wheel adapters? any other thoughts?

Here is a whole list that pops up when you use the FABO search engine that is found at the top of the page.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/search.php?searchid=7233166

Thanks So, has anyone else used the wheel adapters? any other thoughts?

Let me alieviate your fears with wheel adaptors.

Every Dually truck out there the equivelent on them, front and rear. Many duallys also run spacers. So 7500lb vehicle, 20,000 pound payload and 600-1000 ft/lbs or torque. Yup, not to worry. Just don't get cheapies.

That being said i'd just switch the axles out. 4"BP is nothing but an ***-ache.

I've got a pair on the back of one car. And I don't really like the fit, I believe it is more of a wheel problem (lug holes not so good) and I won't drive it.
I also had a set on my car when I was in my late teens 30 years ago. Drove it without mercy. As fast as it would go. Every chance the road was long enough. And I grew up rural so my cars were seeing 100+ mph every time the key turned. Not a problem with the adapters then.
I believe you just have to use a little extra care installing them and check them driving at slower speeds till your sure they are not going to loosen up.
I think those are the coolest wheels I've seen in along time.
Hope this helps. They work , just requires a careful Installation.

Or just get your hubs redrilled to 4.5 pattern. Front and back, then no worry's with adapters. Yes I had a set for years, only used them a short time and back in the box. Those wheels are worth the expense and trouble to redrill the hubs, also if you upgrade rear axles and go to front disc later, you already have your wheels.

Or just get your hubs redrilled to 4.5 pattern. Front and back, then no worry's with adapters. Yes I had a set for years, only used them a short time and back in the box. Those wheels are worth the expense and trouble to redrill the hubs, also if you upgrade rear axles and go to front disc later, you already have your wheels.
How do I get the hubs redrilled to 4.5?....and if I do will I be able to use my 4" wheels and caps again?

I got 14" mopar rally wheels on my 65 Formula S did not need to change anything they fit factory direct! I stuck with Chrysler goods to fit my car it makes life simple and the look fits it perfectly!

65Cudalover

great looking car-- I would just use adapters on that one, it looks like a very nice Sunday only type driven car.

switching to 4.5" bolt circle will not be that easy-- you can find a 73-76 7.25 or 8.25 rear with that pattern/ redrill the axles you have. Then you will have to change out the fronts to disc brakes(73-76car again), have the fronts re-drilled(do not know if that can be done)?

really cool looking wheels & great looking ride

I would see if I could borrow an adapter to see how it changes the placement of the wheels in the wheel housing, Lawrence

Just get the adapters and use them your not gonna drive it cross country, lot of folks use them with no problems.

Was this car by chance restored on the tv show desert car kings? Wheels will look great w the paint scheme.
LOL... NO that car on TV was not even close to the caliber of this car.
This car is in unbelievable condition inside and out.
I really like Hurst wheels and I will most likley use or at least try the adapters
the tires I have on the Hurst wheels are G70-14 has anyone run that size on an 64-66 Barracuda?

I ran adapters on the back of my '72 Duster with no problem. Couldn't run them on the front though, as the tires got into the fender, and would not turn.

switching to 4.5" bolt circle will not be that easy-- you can find a 73-76 7.25 or 8.25 rear with that pattern/ redrill the axles you have. Then you will have to change out the fronts to disc brakes(73-76car again), have the fronts re-drilled(do not know if that can be done)?

Another option is the wilwood disc kit that uses the drum spindles. Easy peasy and weighs less.

I ran adapters on the back of my '72 Duster with no problem. Couldn't run them on the front though, as the tires got into the fender, and would not turn.

That is exactly why I made the comment in post #8 about the back spacing measurements before he buys the wheels. If he does it right he will have no issues with them rubbing the front fenders.

Another option is the wilwood disc kit that uses the drum spindles. Easy peasy and weighs less.

He is wanting to be able to run his original set up too so this won't help him.

If you just want to use your original hub caps they will fit on a 14" steel wheel from a '73 and later wheel. If that's the case you can upgrade to the LBP disc brakes & 8 1/4" rear axle. Then with a set of LBP 14" steel wheels you can use your original hub caps & swap over to the cool Hurst wheels any time you feel like it. If you're lucky you might be able to find a donor parts car & get everything you need.

Not likely to install G70x14 with an adapter due to backspace issues. To use a adapter between 2 cars the tires will have to fit both cars, even if poorly.

If you just want to use your original hub caps they will fit on a 14" steel wheel from a '73 and later wheel. If that's the case you can upgrade to the LBP disc brakes & 8 1/4" rear axle. Then with a set of LBP 14" steel wheels you can use your original hub caps & swap over to the cool Hurst wheels any time you feel like it. If you're lucky you might be able to find a donor parts car & get everything you need.

Are you sure about that? The lug nuts stick through the holes on that ralley style hub cap. If you could manage to get it on then it may damage the lug nut holes on some pretty pricey hub caps.

-
Back