Bought a MSD 8534 off a member here ( see Photo of what I got)

-
Well in the past in dealing with Pay Pal, they generally will come up with the same old solution. I pay to ship it back, when he gets it, he refunds my original amount I paid him.

There are a lotta nicks and marks on the bottom of the label, and scratches nearby, plus the scratch on the base would be impossible to duplicate.

No question it's the same dizzy, and that rust didn't grow during shipping..

Return the $$s dude..

Not that Roy needs the backup, but he has been to my house multiple times. We have traded and bought and sold around. He even donated on mine and Kitty's recent benefit thread, then turned around and BID on HIS OWN stuff. What exactly does that say about him? Class act. Roy is not the problem here. But we all knew that already.

Thanks RRR, my "standing" here with the members of FABO means more to me than getting hung with this distributor. Hell I'm use to loosing my A$$. Want proof? Look at my ad trying to sell my 68 Dart race car project! I've got 12K in it and can't sell it for 4K! For crying out loud!

I've seen your honesty and generosity first hand, Roy. We know the deal.

Even if the car NEVER sees water, those distributors can end up looking like that. I bought a BB one a few years ago that was, and I quote, in perfect condition just like new... Looked just like this one you got Roy. Seller had the same response...

Doesn't make this right by any means. See what the seller does, cause that's a rough looking set up regardless.

It's the same distributor right down to the water spots and nick on the label.
Not that I had any doubt Roy, I just thought you might like to have this.

compare.jpg

Don't rely on Paypal.

Bought over 120 things from eBay, the one time I needed them when the item wasn't as described, they screwed me.

Even if the car NEVER sees water, those distributors can end up looking like that. I bought a BB one a few years ago that was, and I quote, in perfect condition just like new... Looked just like this one you got Roy. Seller had the same response...

Doesn't make this right by any means. See what the seller does, cause that's a rough looking set up regardless.

this is common for msd distributors everyone I had would rust up because of ozone build up I had the advance springs rust off in 2 years . I must admit that one you got is bad tho . the fix or partial fix is to drill a small hole in it and in worst cases hook a small vacume to it .

we dont need amodertor bann give him a night to not sleep over it if he wont send cash back sg outs him , we bombard him ,then we get in his face personal , turn our backs on him, help SGBARRACUDA sure some 1 has 1 laying around, or we pich in donations until SG can buy a new 1 or Good Honest 1 from the FAMILY , LIKE YAH ALL DID FOR ME when I blew my motor in a pinch , and you all came to my resque THE favors just get passed on here , my donators are now paid back , OPENED my hoard to the public FABO FAMILY , I Get to go pull an all nighter tommoro to re- build my engine with my machinist and builder and try to get back it back in the car ,tuned correctly and hopefully make it to the show on sunday . If it happens , its only because OUR FABO FAMILY having each others backs cars , health and welfare.
Sometimes a cockroach gets in , but we keep our Home PEST FREE AS WE CAN . RR let 1 slip by we got this with 800 members per state
ave. Do the math he:s got nowhere to run . our mods have his IP address and BY our FAMILY VOTE will poof him . Kepping the riff raff out of our site with no return . BRING BACK HANGING AND positive MURDERS WILL DROP most usa murders are cut and dried if in doubt to the slightest bit , we must follow close they will phuck up again , then hang JUST ask OJ Simpson GOVERNMENTS is just another gang now days
we can get AMERICA BACK OURSELVES LAND TAXES GRANDFATHERD TO THE TIME THEY WERE BUILT , the rest we have to stick together block by block or 5 miles by 5 miles within that allotment people know personalbly who they pick to speek for them at 1 monthly meeting
every vote counts and we decide our freedom to live our way , like our grand fathers before us split here to start with . this population is to big for 1 person to tell any 1 how to live . we hold the KEY to this MENSTERAL MASTERBATED MASS CONFUSSION . Winstoninwisc My house andland cost 18,000 in 62 ,I bought for 52,000 in 87 so tax me at that rate if any . the wages are the same again $ 12.00 is a high paying job again , I made 12.00 in 87 2000 I made 120,.000 a year . Is this some new USA GOV MATH ??? then this snake slides in and tries to screw my brother SG I will TAKE IT NO MORE Banned together We can recover . 1 snake at a time peace FABO FAMILY GOT TO CRASH big 6 days ahead thank you for your help and honesty BAD MEDICINE should be back ,Saterday night by Midnight at the show sunday because you cared to help me . THANK YOU

I agree with Rob on this, I bought my exact same distributor 2 years ago and car is always in a climate controlled garage. 6 months ago I pulled the cap and had similar rusting......lightly brushed it off with a brass brush and some WD40, it's just the way this MSD distributors are unfortunately so in fairness to the seller he probably had no idea it looked like that as the outside did look almost new. Also to the idiot who feels like a big shot threatening people over the web and using the term " hommy " grow up because you sound like a punk and I actually prefer to not be part of any forum with punks like you on here.

I agree with^^, That was my thought that the seller had not had the cap off in a while and especially before he sent it to me. That is why I asked him in my first contact after receiving it "I got home today. The packaging was great , the outside looked great. Have you looked inside of it lately?" It was his attack on me that caught me off guard.

I agree with^^, That was my thought that the seller had not had the cap off in a while and especially before he sent it to me. That is why I asked him in my first contact after receiving it "I got home today. The packaging was great , the outside looked great. Have you looked inside of it lately?" It was his attack on me that caught me off guard.
Like I said I was shocked when I pulled the cap off of mine, I'm not really sure what an acceptable resolution will be between you and the seller but I know and as others have stated, for whatever reason, those MSD distributors seem to naturally get that way with the moisture in the air I guess.

My MSD dist. gets like that over the winter..i clean it off with a little brass brush every spring and its good to go,has performed just fine for 6 seasons..

MSD distibutors have a known issue with corrosion inside them. I have never driven my car in the rain, but the inside of my new billet distributor looked like it had been in the ocean a few times after a short time of use.

Whether he knew about the rust or not, look for the red flags. Low post count, and what do they post. If all they did was join fabo to sell, look out. Its about the green, not the camaraderie, helping fellow mopar nuts, or learning anything. They know they will get more on here than ebay or CL. Hope it works out Roy.

Looks like it has that same big semi-circle scratch on the hold down. Looks legit to me.

Well he only has 18 posts. And the only threads he's started is to sell ****. Not really a contributing member I would say. Maybe Joey or someone can ban him until he does right and returns the money and takes the item back. Hit him where it hurts. The wallet.
THIS

msdrust-jpg.1714941155

rusty-msd-4-jpg.1714941165

Well, thanks to you guys, I guess the seller realizes now that I wasn't trying to screw him. But he is in contact with me and is trying to work out a equitable deal for both of us. I'll let you know how it all works out. Again Thanks for everyone's help.

To shatar4 credit, this is what he just sent me. It should work out in the end.

I am going to MSD and they will give me a RMA number. When I get it I'll send it to you with the address and you send it with the RMA on the outside of the box. They will rebuild it and send it back to you at no charge. Let me know what the shipping is and I'll send it to you.

Glad its working out. I think people on this forum jump to conclusions WAY too fast. The seller I'm sure thought he was getting screwed, and that's no reflection on the buyer's reputation. The bandwagons happen a little too fast around here, and **** get posted to public REAL quick before the situation has really been dealt with among the parties. I know there's some people out there that don't mind screwing someone over, but I think uninvolved people really need to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, especially with a limited scope and a single perspective presented.

Anyway I'm glad it's working itself out, hopefully both parties can walk away satisfied.

I don't know about that^^. I'm sure with the comments of the members here,especially the ones that pertain to others having the same experience with their MSD distributors rusting up for no reason, had a lot to do with the seller understanding it is somewhat of a common problem. Without this feedback I don't think he would have ever believed me?

Glad to hear that things are starting to calm down. I thought about chiming in earlier to report that I'd seen a lot of rust on our MSD reluctors but decided to avoid mixing words with some of the angrier commenters.

I felt empathy for you Roy but also thought the seller might have honestly believed you were trying to play bait & switch with him. It's obvious in the pics that you weren't. I guess there wouldn't have been any controversy if the seller had just politely asked for evidence before giving you the brush off.

Hopefully this will be resolved with a determination of 'no harm - no foul'.

-
Back