boycott ebay

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
i personally have had a few issues with ebay members not sending or misrepresenting items ,and we need to start somewhere. i personally am done. i am in the middle of 3 cases that are tied up in so much redtape you would think it was goverment run. i am washing my hands on it all and chalking it up for learning not to deal with the members there, or there practices. i hope anyone else that has future deals with them are happy but i wont deal on that site anymore. when did someones word start meaning nothing at all.sorry had to get this off my chest, its been going on for a while. [handshake was deal done and word was bond]

I very rarely have any problems on ebay buying or selling, I ask a lot of questions and if thay don't have near perfect feedback I don't mess with them...

actually it seems like there are better buys on here.... But you gotta catch them quick.

I've always had luck with my ebay purchases. Its pretty easy to judge sellers by they're seller rating/history

I have an ebay rating of almost 700 with 100% feedback and can only think of a couple of times where I have had problems as a buyer and even then I got my money back.

Sorry your experiences are bad, I find the best deals and I make extra money there too. I like ebay :love7:

No problems here with Ebay, buying or selling. Read the ads closely, look at previous recent feedback. If there's any question, ask the seller and save his response. Works for me!

if u are the buyer u always get your money back thats the ebay way

When you are in the wilds of another country with a relativily small base to buy parts from Ebay opens up a safer way to purchase things. A question though why are there a high percentage of U.S. sellers that will not ship out of country? Do these sellers not realise the money being left on the table?

Ebay is invaluable tool-- I used it as a garage sale online---I just have not had the time to part out cars like I had in the past & have not found another niche.
as to Int'l shipments---most buyers want the cheapest shipping-- & there is limited tracking available to non-us buyers--
USPS is the only way to ship economically Internationally -- but provides very little protection for the seller by means of tracking info-- that would be my guess , Lawrence

No real speed shops left around here.. I've been buying some parts from a few select members here, but ebay is were I score the bang for the buck deals.. I'll ask questions until I feel safe, a good seller will always answer all your questions, if I get a bad vibe I move on... Last week I asked a guy about a converter, he answered the first question, then I asked him another question, no reply---- so I forgot about it..

I have been on eBay since 1999 and have have very few problems. I have yet had one that has not been worked out but sometimes it just takes a while. Slow shipping has been my worst issue with sellers.

When you are in the wilds of another country with a relativily small base to buy parts from Ebay opens up a safer way to purchase things. A question though why are there a high percentage of U.S. sellers that will not ship out of country? Do these sellers not realise the money being left on the table?

Because of the Paypal rules out of country the seller cannot have signature proof of reciept which means Ebay could and has sent a full return to a dis-honest buyer. I will only sell out of country if paid by money order.

Sorry your experiences are bad, I find the best deals and I make extra money there too. I like ebay :love7:

ebay has been invaluable to me!

Ebay is :thumbup: in my Book.

being on an island lends itself to look elsewhere for parts....ebay has helped me restore/rebuild my cars...dads truck...it has its issues...but i've never been burned. I've had several sellers do wrong...but it always worked out in the end.

Aloha Mike:cheers:

I don't so much mind ebay but I dislike selling electronics on ebay because they put a 30 day hold on any payment for your sold item and then YOU have to pay for shipping out of pocket....I think atleast the shipping amount of the funds should be released since shipping is non refundable anyhow.

I can understand the hold on the item itself so the purchaser is not going to get a piece of junk or something.

and on ebay you have to be 100% honest and OVER explain you item because if people are not satisfied they can dispute it with paypal and almost always get there money back PLUS you have to lose money out of pocket on shipping and what not,PLUS bad feedback,PLUS they could damage the item prior to returning it just to be pricks and make you out to look like al ier if you report it.

I honestly prefer doing my dealings right here on fabo, alot of people you feel like you know and can trust and none of that extra red tape and rules.

only problem with that is ...lately some people have been abusing the privileges here on FABO and members have been getting screwed...so hopefully stuff like that won't keep happening

I have been on eBay since 1999 and have have very few problems. I have yet had one that has not been worked out but sometimes it just takes a while. Slow shipping has been my worst issue with sellers.

Always check when the item was mailed. The date is on the postage meter stamp. Compared this to when you paid for the item. Should be mailed within a day or two unless the seller states otherwise. Most of the time slow shipping in North America is due to the USPS or Canada Post.

Because of the Paypal rules out of country the seller cannot have signature proof of reciept which means Ebay could and has sent a full return to a dis-honest buyer. I will only sell out of country if paid by money order.

Would not a signature from when the buyer picks up the purchase from the post office or ups be sufficient proof for ebay?

Would not a signature from when the buyer picks up the purchase from the post office or ups be sufficient proof for ebay?

It has to be an online signature which neither one does. I have taken Paypal and sold out of country but that was on people with a very high number of feedback. Basically on Ebay they protect the buyer regaurdless of the confirmation online stating delivered. All they have to do is say the neighbor or someone else got it instead of them and take the money from the seller. Basically ask first and I will ok your bid if you are not new with a low # if you are I request a money order. Sorry but Ebays rules will screw the seller because of some dis-honest sellers in the past.

It has to be an online signature which neither one does. I have taken Paypal and sold out of country but that was on people with a very high number of feedback. Basically on Ebay they protect the buyer regaurdless of the confirmation online stating delivered. All they have to do is say the neighbor or someone else got it instead of them and take the money from the seller. Basically ask first and I will ok your bid if you are not new with a low # if you are I request a money order. Sorry but Ebays rules will screw the seller because of some dis-honest sellers in the past.

O.K. I understand. I know when I have tried to bid on items that I have been blocked. Would there be a difference if the item were to be shipped to a parcel service in the US? Sorry for all questions I have only bought never sold and could never figure the resistance of selling to Canada. With myself there were items that I would have paid double the selling price for but because of selling policies could not bid.

O.K. I understand. I know when I have tried to bid on items that I have been blocked. Would there be a difference if the item were to be shipped to a parcel service in the US? Sorry for all questions I have only bought never sold and could never figure the resistance of selling to Canada. With myself there were items that I would have paid double the selling price for but because of selling policies could not bid.

I've found that most Ebayers that won't ship to Canada, will ship to a parcel pickup service like Mike's Parcel Pickup in Pembina ND. Just make sure you take your Ebay reciept with you as Canada Customs can sometimes hard to deal with.

BTW, other than the time it takes to go pick things up, I've actually saved money. (much lower shipping costs, no customs clearing fees & a cheap tank fill before returning)

i have had 3 issues with sellers in last 45 days and trying to talk to someone at ebay has been a joke i was on hold over a hour last nite with no results i guess i really need to read up on seller better

-
Back