Brake Pushrod Bushing

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Other than ordering one thru Mancini's and paying more for shipping than the part. Is there something at home I can use to make a similar bushing? Or is it advised to just order that one?

Brakes are important, not something you should skimp on. Get the proper bushing.

are you talking about the bushing for the push rod? if so Dr. Diff sells them if you email them. 8.00 to your door.

I got mine from Dr Diff....since I have a few a bodies I bought about 3 or 4 of them...

Not sure if you bought a new MC, but if you did, it should have come with a new rubber grommet.

are you talking about the bushing for the push rod? if so Dr. Diff sells them if you email them. 8.00 to your door.

Yep, that is the one. Thats not a bad price. I'll call him up.

I got mine from Dr Diff....since I have a few a bodies I bought about 3 or 4 of them...

I looked on his site and didnt see any but I'll make a phone call.

Not sure if you bought a new MC, but if you did, it should have come with a new rubber grommet.

I did install a new MC, but that was 3 years ago.. It didnt come with it and I've been driving with out one ever since.. I just thought about it and started searching for options. Next time I buy a MC Im going to make sure there is one in the box!

I'd try some thick wall rubber tubing; if the rod goes in hard and is hard to pull out, then it should be fine.

Hi Mark,

I got a hold of Cass (Dr. Diff). He is sending me out the bushing for $5 shipped. I cant go wrong with that.. Thanks for you suggestion though.

I'd try some thick wall rubber tubing; if the rod goes in hard and is hard to pull out, then it should be fine.

Really...Your life is worth $5 ?
Wow.
Its official, you get the. "Come on man" of the day. :)

If it is such a huge safety item, then why is it such a mickey-mouse part? If it were really important, it would be a of a more robust design. Something like a c-clip, or roll pin / cotter pin would be much better. But that isn't how they designed it. It's a piece of rubber! All it does is keep the pushrod from falling out of the master cylinder if you pull the brake pedal all the way up. I have yet to see a car where the rod can actually come out when you do this, because the brake pedal does not have that much travel. I have used O-rings to replace these bushings and they work quite well. Measure it up and get an o-ring for 50¢ at your local hardware store. IIRC, a 1/2" x 1/4" o-ring works pretty good here.

Really...Your life is worth $5 ?
Wow.
Its official, you get the. "Come on man" of the day. :)
Thank you! I won something LOL. It is just a simple rubber tubular ring; most of the way this works is in the machined shape in the groove in the MC bore and in the shape of the rod end; it's not so much in the rubber part. I actually did think about it before posting. But, Ramie is getting the part so he is good.

BTW, if you get the chance, come on by and I'll show you my rally cars and rally cage building; you might come to a different conclusion with some actual data on the skill set here. Oh, yeah, I have been racing tech inspector for over 10 years too and so have to make judgements on parts and setup safety all the time. I wrote some of the cage rules in NASA Rallysport, and I'm a former racing organizer, which means I have spent a lot of my nights worrying about people getting killed...... plus a design engineer so I actually have to design things to work. I don't take things like this lightly, I assure you.

I dont even know you, so I cant doubt your skill set. But I do question your jugement. This is brakes we're talking about here !
You can stick what ever you want in your MC O ring, bicycle tube, bubble gum. Dont matter to me.
I prefer to use the correct part from the factory. The part that the Chrysler engineer's designed to be used.
The original poster is making the right move.

A cheap "mickey mouse" plastic bushing wears, dry rots and cracks, part motion becomes free er.
Other materials such as rubber could absorb brake fluid and take on adhesive properties.

-
Back