Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Great progress. Restoring a car can be very overwhelming at times. Like others said if life gets tough put the car in storage and come back to it later. Don't let that car go unless you absolutely have to. But by all means you should stop work and take a break if other things need tending too.

I used a compressor with 90psi ... injected air using an old brake hose.

Almost all pinstons came out. I was alone and was difficult to hold all 3 each caliper to get out at the same time.. as soon as the first came out, fun ends.

Attachments

• DSC08304_resize.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 860
  • DSC08305_resize.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 847
i have never seen a cali[er like that before. almost always see a 1, 2, 4, or 6 piston. first time seeing a 3.

can you, by any chance, post pics of all the brake stuff and spindles you have down there and measurements? thats cool enough i may have to import some.

Michael

Get some C Clamps to hold two in and when one frees up put it back in and take another one out.

It has been welded and now I´m not like Fred Flinkston anymore

Attachments

• DSC08315_resize.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 825
  • DSC08318_resize.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 847
hi, thanks for your advice.. I was working alone and almost without tool.. but now I know piston are not stuck as I was thinking.

bleeder screw is stuck .. I will have to work with patience to get it out

Get some C Clamps to hold two in and when one frees up put it back in and take another one out.

Hi dusterbd13

brazilian darts are a bit differente.. for example, chrysler in brazil used some Simca parts, as wheel hubs and brake system. I´m pretty sure they did it to reduce factory installation costs.

I will find in my previous posts the spindles pictures. they use LM 11949/910Q (small) and SKF orTINKEN – LM 67048/010/Q (big) bearings.

i have never seen a cali[er like that before. almost always see a 1, 2, 4, or 6 piston. first time seeing a 3.

can you, by any chance, post pics of all the brake stuff and spindles you have down there and measurements? thats cool enough i may have to import some.

Michael

Hi dusterbd13

brazilian darts are a bit differente.. for example, chrysler in brazil used some Simca parts, as wheel hubs and brake system. I´m pretty sure they did it to reduce factory installation costs.

I will find in my previous posts the spindles pictures. they use LM 11949/910Q (small) and SKF orTINKEN – LM 67048/010/Q (big) bearings.

thats kinda neat, because most A bodies weather it be canadian or american came with front drum brakes unless it was special ordered or big block, or simular situation

today I bouht some paint products. Hope to have new photos soon

Attachments

• DSC08321_resize.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 827
Car driver side has a ugly piece.. about 20x20 inches between door and rear wheel.. take a look at the zoom photo..

We will have to beat this sheet piece from inside car (pushing it to outter side).. I´m sure that I will have to use body filler in this place.. I´m avoiding it but I know it is necessary.

Attachments

• DSC08519_resize.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 785
Front hood I found in a junkyard. much better than the old one I was using..

Just have 2 small mark... a dent and a small rust mark

Attachments

• DSC08515_resize.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 729
  • DSC08517_resize.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 734
  • DSC08518_resize.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 751
Keep it up , Alex ! Good job on finding that replacement bonnet ; I am sure that was not an easy part to find for you !

I found this bonnet (not new but very good condiction) and 2 really new doors. Doors have small marks because they were left in a junkyard.. in a really bad place (lots of parts in a really mess)

I stored my old parts (doors, bonnet etc) in my mothers home.. in a future I will restore them

Keep it up , Alex ! Good job on finding that replacement bonnet ; I am sure that was not an easy part to find for you !

This week I didn´t work on car.. I didn´t went to paintin shop and I don´t know what is happening there.. but I think that there isn´t a huge progress.. Just removed the engine and the shop worker did some welding things.

As I was at home, I decided to clean cluster wire plugs..

First thing we must remove it from plast. I used a thin screw driver to press the piece I show in the second photo.

I used a wire brush on my bench drill to clean it.. I alse clened lamps socket.

The final touch, I sprayed silicon oil (silicon grease/oil does not attack plastic or rubber).

Attachments

• DSC08793_resize.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 670
  • DSC08787_resize.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 653
  • DSC08791_resize.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC08792_resize.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 665
Great Project - I admire your work with limited budget & tools. :prayer:
Wish you all the best - and some day it will be finished and a great car.
But I think the most important at this hobby is the fun while doing all the small things - finishing all the single puzzle-pieces and enjoy the comparision from old to restored. At the moment I´m restoring an old car too - a 67 Dodge Dart which I got from Georgia beginning of the year. I´m doing the body work now - and all the things took a hell of time until now. I enjoy all the things which I learn during this process.
This is my blog - its translated from german - so it´s not all logical what google translator throws out ;)
http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http://67dodgedart.blogspot.com&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Will follow your thread with great interest and am curious about the paint job.
Which color did you chose ?

Greetz from germany,
Lars

http://67dodgedart.blogspot.com
P1030527.JPG

Hi Al.. thanks for your message.. My dart will be white. I changed the origal project because I found this dart SE in a junkyard.. than I got all mechanic parts from my original car and some body pieces to make the SE run again.

Take a look at this photos to get an idea how the original model is

dodge+SE+sao+marcos+1.jpg

se.jpg

img

Great Project - I admire your work with limited budget & tools. :prayer:
Wish you all the best - and some day it will be finished and a great car.
But I think the most important at this hobby is the fun while doing all the small things - finishing all the single puzzle-pieces and enjoy the comparision from old to restored. At the moment I´m restoring an old car too - a 67 Dodge Dart which I got from Georgia beginning of the year. I´m doing the body work now - and all the things took a hell of time until now. I enjoy all the things which I learn during this process.
This is my blog - its translated from german - so it´s not all logical what google translator throws out ;)
http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http://67dodgedart.blogspot.com&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Will follow your thread with great interest and am curious about the paint job.
Which color did you chose ?

Greetz from germany,
Lars

http://67dodgedart.blogspot.com
P1030527.JPG

Hi 64lucy.. neither do I can wait to see the car running.. I think I will need at least 1 year to mount interior and some other final touches

Thats amazing! i cant wait to see the finished product!

Once again, engine is out..

I coated tha floor with Hammerite paint. Hammerite is a rust converter and also an excelent cover paint.. I painted some parts with it (suspension for example).

I used a PU sealer over all area we welded.. and on metal sheet joints.

I will spray a rubber coatin on floor also.. and finish with a white paint..
the rubber coat is a product we solve on water and spray using air gun on floor.. it reduces noise and protect bottom car from small stones wheels throws.

Attachments

• DSC08877_resize.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 691
  • DSC08876_resize.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC08878_resize.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 640
  • DSC08882_resize.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC08884_resize.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 605
Looking good! Keep up the great work and you will be driving in no time!

-
Back