Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
some minor progress pics

Attachments

• DSC00013_resize.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 774
  • DSC00016_resize.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 789
hi guys.. I just posting a photo to show the reason I´m not working on my car.. I´m working on my home!!! There is 3 shots from the same room, during 1 week periode.

I´m paying a team to work on home because there are some hard work that I´m not qualified to do.

Attachments

• DSC00198_resize.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 749
  • DSC00225_resize.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 732
  • DSC00227_resize.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 732
Have you seen this before, Alex:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLoBwj4ZO8g&feature=related"]The History of Brazilian Mopars - YouTube[/ame]

Some questions about photo.
What are tabs A for? We don't have them on ours(cdn)
Part B is the hood latch and post. Close up picture of one in and out of the car would be nice.
C is that fender flange bend. This measurment is to insure that the basic fender used is equal to a Cdn 1969 fender. 1968's are deeper,1971 etc are flatter.
D is the grill mounting tabs. Close up of these please.
A straight on view of the light bracket area E and locating measurement of a tab. thanks alex.

You can post reply on my build thread if you want as to not hijack your build thread , or here . I'll find/read it either way. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=95141

Attachments

• charger rt 77 .jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 641
Hi

the "A" tabs are used to holde the air conditioner radiator
I´m uploading some picutres to help you

Attachments

• frontCharger.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 652
  • OgAAAIHfly8tcFowAmsdxRi4S1ROhr4c_K2vyNHhqWUL_8SPREtPIbP6UUw0c0pOY0vdfPgzdpsfh5eEnn1ddeIs3cIAm1T1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 634
the hood latch

DSC01006.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sU88WoFEiCQ/TBe089IU9II/AAAAAAAAAfY/qixQJkM39XU/s1600/DSC01006.JPG

Thanks , Latch looks the same, so thats OK. Fender pics add more confusion. The one with the measurements looks like a stamped front. Not the weld on plate as the pic I posted. Pic of rear side of fender(inside) could mean I will be making a piece. I will be doing comparing and get bake to you.
thanks

Alex I wouldn't be working on the car because of the beauty you have your left arm wrapped around. Cheers buddy.

Hi,

the hood latch and every think around it are exactly the same US model.

the fender has diferences.. the dart from brazil have the same fender, but the charger hast a stamped front, were the ligths frame I sent to you are welded. A friend welded these frames at a regular dart fender. He sad that he had to cut a piece to make possible to accomodate a light there.

I will try to take more photos...

I forgot to say.. the photo with measurements has the frame I sent to you welded there...
]

Thanks , Latch looks the same, so thats OK. Fender pics add more confusion. The one with the measurements looks like a stamped front. Not the weld on plate as the pic I posted. Pic of rear side of fender(inside) could mean I will be making a piece. I will be doing comparing and get bake to you.
thanks

Be sure I work thinking on her every moment...

Unfortunately she does not like old mopars.. and I can´t afford a new challenger ;)

Once she saw a plymouth here in Brazil... pretty nice cuda.. about 80,000$ dollar car (here in brazil)... She said "you could have one of this".. :D :D :D
I bought my dart spending no more than 5,000$ ... a large diff.

cheers

Alex

Alex I wouldn't be working on the car because of the beauty you have your left arm wrapped around. Cheers buddy.

OK, so I'll use measurements for the weld on plate change over and not use the photos of the stamped fenders measurements. Knowing someone has made this work starting from Dart fenders is encouraging.More info on this please.

As for your car and your wife,she doesn't really not like it. She doesn't like that its not done. The ladies often don't appreciate our "Diamonds in the ruff". When your cruising around and attending meets she will be smiling big time!

Hi, got some more pics from a friend during his car repair

[ame="https://picasaweb.google.com/105141339133187105295/6DeAbrilDe2012"]Picasa Web Albums - Alex Vieira[/ame]

OK, so I'll use measurements for the weld on plate change over and not use the photos of the stamped fenders measurements. Knowing someone has made this work starting from Dart fenders is encouraging.More info on this please.

As for your car and your wife,she doesn't really not like it. She doesn't like that its not done. The ladies often don't appreciate our "Diamonds in the ruff". When your cruising around and attending meets she will be smiling big time!

I live in my small "American car world" I never new about the american cars from other countries.

Nice cars. Great job Alex. I look forward to seing more.

One thing that caught my eye was the steering box. How much lighter is it than the boxes we have? It sure looks smaller. And how strong? What ratio? Will it work in place of our boxes easily?

Maybe I am getting into something I shouldn't and should just stay with the box I have.

Alex, I'm impressed with your project. Congratulations!

Parabéns pra caramba!! Estarei acompanhando!

Can´t wait to move to new home.. and work on my car again

almost all documentos are ready.. just have to go to bank and sing some more papers..

we´re thinking to move next month (june)

DSC00766_resize.JPG

Congratulation. How many bedrooms and bathrooms? And (of course) a garage? Nice color.

Congratulation. How many bedrooms and bathrooms? And (of course) a garage? Nice color.

Hi

the house has 2 bedroom, 1 bathr, a kitchen and a living room at the first floor.

at the second floor, the house has 1 big bedroom, 1 bathr, a closet (my wife loves it).. and a small home office.

the garage is not the US style... we´re going to park cars in front of the house... were there is a cover.. I think we can park 3 to 5 cars.. but I´ll have to replace the front gate and 'kill' the gardem ;)

take a look at this picture

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAEQ4/Is-9enyqzKE/s640/DSC00746_resize.JPG

Good trading, a closet for 3 to 5 cars! Start collecting before she changes her mind to 3 to 5 flower beds!!

Hey Alex, long time no see! The car is wonderful! Can't wait to see it done. My brother's (Pedro) Dart is finished, I will send some pics to you! Regards,

Lucas

-
Back