Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I started reading this thread from the beginning a couple weeks ago and I have finally caught up to current time. You truly do EXCELLENT work Alex and you have a BEAUTIFUL MOPAR!!! CONGRATS!!! And I cant wait to see this baby complete. Keep up the GREAT WORK

Alex?

All I hear is crickets......are you OK?

Car is coming along nicely and since I have been following along I was wondering how things were going lately.

Hopefully all is well and your beautiful MOPAR will be hitting the streets soon. :burnout:

Hi guys, (specially momoparman)
sorry I delayed a lot to answer on my post. Sometimes I just go to the moon.. and forget some things.

everything is ok. That hail storm was close to my house (less then 10 miles away)... fortunately, we only notice a hard storm at home, without any ice... no material injures to us.

Yesterday I started engine ... put 1srt gear... ok! nice... car is ready... running around the corners.

I hope to make a movie tomorrow, ridding dodge for a few minutes.
Tomorrow we celebrate Dad's day in Brazil... and today I came to a close city to see my dad.

I'm making a "major review" to-do list. For example, I still have to build exhaust pipes, buy mufflers... I must install subframe connectors... weld 4 cracks... repaint parts that will be affected (e.g. windshield column).
After these major issues, I will be ready to install headliner, door panels, windshield and trims.

here a few pictures.. I painted front grille.. Installed door and read window felts (cat whiskers).

IMG-20150807-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20150807-WA0028.jpg

That is the same bumper as a 69 Dart yes?

bumpers - yes... with a small difference. Plate space is a bit larger in Brazil.

For all other parts, I bought on ebay (or rockauto) using 68-69 darts as reference.

The only part I have to took a few more seconds to think before buying was lower arms.
Most of 68-69 darts lower arms US fits front drum brakes. In my case, I bought front disk brakes lower arms.

Despite the mechanical equivalence, interior parts (as cluster, seats, etc) are custom made to Brazil.

Good to hear your taking some time for yourself and your family.

Love the blacked out grill btw.

Lots of little details I see, but that means your sooooooo close to finishing your show and go car!

Enjoy fathers day and keep up the good work!

I'm giving you till September 1 since your trying so hard! :D

Drilling is a boring work... stressful... a minor issue results in a major scratch

IMG_6574.JPG

Crickets.....I hear crickets......ALEX!

What is going on over in your neck of the woods?

I don't see your big smile from behind the wheel of your car.

RU OK?

hi guys,
I'm working a lot.
a bit distressed with my dart progress. But I keep doing at least a small thing every day.
Last week I had some problems on Holley. Thought was dusty clogging it.
On Monday (or Thursday) I woke up earlier, removed carb and cleaned it.
Went to work.. at lunch time I plugged it on engine and.. same problem.
Luckily I found the problem... I plugged pcv hose on front tube. I covered this tube and engine works fine. Now I have to buy a hose to plug pcv on rear carb tube.

Here follows a video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpoo7V0Y8tU"]MVI 6620 - YouTube[/ame]

Front trims were not fitting well. I manually deflected them a bit. Will fit (not as I wish).
I still have to fabricate small plates with screws to lock trims on hood and fender.

Sounds good! A good idea would be to put a valve cover breather with a pcv breather tube so you can run a hose to the back of the carb. Provide your engine with a positive crankcase ventiulation (PCV) valve in other words. If not you may have oil puking out of your breathers all over the engine when you are driving at higher RPM's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Mopa...met-/131571890955?hash=item1ea24bbb0b&vxp=mtr

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Brea...ock-/161797908693?hash=item25abe828d5&vxp=mtr

second one has built in PCV valve

I only mention it because I ran a similar set up years back and spent a lot of time cleaning the oily mess every time I drove it. It would run down onto the exhaust manifolds and smoke up the engine bay as well. Nasty smell and mess.

Looking great as usual so keep up the good work! :cheers:

tomorrow I'll try a burnout to celebrate the "almost" 1 year car is back home.
This week, I had to work a lot cause I was organizing a conference.
Although, spend a few minutes yesterday to give finish touches on steering wheel

8bRq22Wf9Fe22V_ov7PG9okPaVwAQwZse1mAhI_C6zG2=w763-h572-no

IMG_6651.JPG

That is an awesome looking steering wheel! You guys in Brazil have so many cool parts.

I'd like to have one of those steering wheels for my car. But I guess the steering wheel is like the road wheels and center caps - very rare and expensive?

That is an awesome looking steering wheel! You guys in Brazil have so many cool parts.

I'd like to have one of those steering wheels for my car. But I guess the steering wheel is like the road wheels and center caps - very rare and expensive?

A friend will reproduce this steering wheel... instead of aluminum, he will use carbon sheet metal painted in silver. I think cost will be about $300 to $500

center caps now are rare. One year ago I bought 3 for about $100. Now, I've reared price doubled.

rebuild seat frame.
I'm using a common seat and transforming it to my car model.
overall, I just have to make some holes and weld a nut to make the seat bottom.
seat back will give me a bit more trouble.

bancoSEtransformacao.jpg

Alex,

What happened to the seats you had done already? Post 38 you showed the back seat done and the front seat frames all painted and ready for foam and covers......did they get hijacked?

Sucks to have to go back through that painful process eh? I know you cant sit on a milk crate so keep up the good work. :cheers:

Alex,

What happened to the seats you had done already? Post 38 you showed the back seat done and the front seat frames all painted and ready for foam and covers......did they get hijacked?

Sucks to have to go back through that painful process eh? I know you cant sit on a milk crate so keep up the good work. :cheers:

On post 38, I was working on my old dart seats. The one I sold to complete my SE model.
That seats (from post 38) have recliners.
SE seats do not have recliners.
Take a look at this photo... (I'm also reproducing cover material)

l.php.jpeg

0WhoJFShU6Iex-icNXEKcoWWRhOrxjFkcFW_q1hDlosn=w763-h572-no

TIsm5cpHRTnJVmRg8ypwbVegrjsgz6HZNuzlHiJZjgmQ=w763-h572-no

Soon I'll post a video, seating on a 'milk crate' and driving around the neighborhood.
Project is slower than I desire, but fast taking into account my free time (and local resources)

weather sucks.
Raining for a week. Did only minor things.
I've did a check list and I still lost on so many things to work on.
Later I'll post some pictures. I'm doing a few clips to hold front trims on hood and fenders.

Still making your own parts I see! It has been a long time since I came to Fabo to look at your progress...but your methods are still great. You always impress me with how wiling you are to build things that you need,and make things work together that don't necessarily want to. You remind me of my best friend here in Canada,who is of
portuguese ancestry. Is ingenuity in your guys blood? Lol...

-
Back