Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Did you ever clean out the gas tank?

yes I did. the key problem is gas quality in Brazil.
Gas in Brazil presents 25% of alcohool in it.
In case gas stays on carb for 2... 3 weeks.. it forms a kind of jelly on it.

take a look on the gas I removed from carb last week

QFy9m3GYZ2SbctKgCXpGEyRzrflsCu9dVmHP4YvkjgToXeKf334sRkNdlEKTZKE4GPZramFSgmKdqYEbzDoW_ppMJsCDtz1jYjqjC9oAa3_d_Y4Ay8oC65MDYYJb3JPyer15XulZrh0rUBQbcg6xsSXUoITuebGOAoybvAE2V0zP1SVDz8AkgknbHON-0VGwFm6hdAV79K9jbu4Kv0EEGjyhAxovouu6879kWCGm0zXkQ_ggVqp8AwxkkG-0V4FfLCPxczb-3Y0czFYsAT9nS5UwqDX4UVVSi9gCoKni4N09BSMh6g_tuB8ZFQYG73ErPsUH_xu7icn8ajWv6DWG7kVH77Uist_WRobpdDQHPtkHhffPUm7KLQmJL2kwt79O0THNt137g-MwkNGr8V_ULr6CZsmZah-7dS6-eJgJUvwXOLl3P9CR4AAnuY8igJCufetNh_GW-QNi48pba_9t04m2sKY0LBoEVEaKjJr0Gh2gfT9Mummqecd_MOMBPCXxwAoCR6lioX7Wg7kQnLQrmU2fIWU0Fy0-dqkGOwD2eX1n_ynXfOdZlxRYcsqjSfEFauavRWrqdAbfdee3NI4vYYFvCgPbJ1CC=w1258-h943-no

Your picture doesn't show for some reason.

That is a high amount of alcohol in gas! I dont think it is higher than 10% here,and it isn't in all brands of gas.

I can't believe i had never seen this build progress til now. Alex you are a BMF.. I used ingenuity like this working on hueys and cobras and would widen eyes and drop jaws in my shop all the time, to me it just came naturally but seeing it come from someone else it's insane! Its hard to take pride in your work when it feels like its just a normal thing you're doing. But I definitely see why people applauded my work and feel better about myself. And I definitely see why people applaude your work and i applaude you as well Alex great job and the best of luck with it. Cheers from California! :thumbsup:

I can't believe i had never seen this build progress til now. Alex you are a BMF.. I used ingenuity like this working on hueys and cobras and would widen eyes and drop jaws in my shop all the time, to me it just came naturally but seeing it come from someone else it's insane! Its hard to take pride in your work when it feels like its just a normal thing you're doing. But I definitely see why people applauded my work and feel better about myself. And I definitely see why people applaude your work and i applaude you as well Alex great job and the best of luck with it. Cheers from California! :thumbsup:

I went through the same feelings till I hit 40 and realized that I really do know what the F I'm doing. It's OK to pat yourself on the back once in a while, and you should feel good about yourself no matter what! Anyone with skills is a valuable asset to the population at large. Kudos to you, Alex and every other mechanic on this planet.

thanks all message. I´m really glad to read such kind of messages.
a male sweat drop almost felt from my eyes :p
just kidding.
today I will move car .. will park it on ramp to make some final touchs .. weld subframe.
I´ll also finish exhausts.

I went through the same feelings till I hit 40 and realized that I really do know what the F I'm doing. It's OK to pat yourself on the back once in a while, and you should feel good about yourself no matter what! Anyone with skills is a valuable asset to the population at large. Kudos to you, Alex and every other mechanic on this planet.

Thanks a lot man, I really needed to hear that. Its sad cus metal work and things related wasn't the only thing I associated those feelings towards but, a lot of other aspects in life as well. I just haven't been able to live life as I should because of this.. Thank you for the words momo, im definitely working on this and im happy someone helped me catch this at 26 instead of 40. Its not right to live with someones "thats a great job" and looking for reassurances, especially when having so much potential..Thanks again for the lesson, it will be invaluable for me someday. Im off to meet a cuda guy about some car parts for my v8 conversion. At alex, good luck on the subs and exhausts. Post pictures! Iv really enjoyed watching your progress and using wood as tools reminded me a lot of some of the work id do except it was for helicopters. But trust me same idea haha :D

I think you´re a few leves ahead... helicopters????!!!! these are really coolll (and big) things.

I think you´re a few leves ahead... helicopters????!!!! these are really coolll (and big) things.

Lol thanx and believe me its not that far from what you did with the floor pans thats when i first thought "holy crap!" Its all just body and fabrication. The way i see it, its all just metal, whoever forms it, thats the difference. Google huey, cobra, ch53, v22 osprey thats what i work on

I agree. Alex is innovative,and has worked very hard to get his car to where it is. I am a fan!

I just now found this thread. I have no idea how I missed it all these years. (must have been asleep or something.):rolleyes:

This thread is awesome!! I'm reading everything from the very beginning. I love the way you make a lot of your own parts and tools too. You are giving me some ideas for things I might try. Love those South American Mopars too.

Keep up the great work!:thumbsup:

well... people tell we have to weld subframes with car on 4.. suspension 'loaded'.
front end of the car is ok.. they are leveled on ramps.
rear end... I will use 2 lifters under the rear springs.. will lift car slowly... level it.. and quickly weld.
That´s my plan. Probably will work :p

well... people tell we have to weld subframes with car on 4.. suspension 'loaded'.
front end of the car is ok.. they are leveled on ramps.
rear end... I will use 2 lifters under the rear springs.. will lift car slowly... level it.. and quickly weld.
That´s my plan. Probably will work :p

It will work just as it has for thousands of other shade tree mechanics in the past. Closer you inch towards the goal.

Vroom Vroom

If you really want to know if subframe connectors help,here is a test. Jack one corner of your car up,attempt to open a door. Repeat test with connectors installed..

Get 4 bubble levels, set one on each rocker panel with sill plate removed, one across the shock mount crossmember in the trunk, and one across the radiator support, then shim and level the car to these points, then weld in the subframe connectors.

Love the connecting rods for torch/clamp holders.

I think I'm going to add that touch to my own welding cart.

15 min on lunch time.. fitting test... marking place to clean (grind paint do make a perfect weld).

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

ps: not leveled yet... just making everything ok before I level car.. measure 30 times... cut once... weld once

-
Back