• Viper Red

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Other red

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
-

8Barrel

Reaction score
My '68 Dart 270 is getting ready for paint. Currently it is an enamel re-spray of PP1. Originally I was going to paint the car plum crazy purple, but the red has grown on me, really fits a '60s look better, etc. And I saw a nice '68 Charger in the spring only 33-1 bright red when I was at Carlisle, and I really liked the color.

So, is 33-1 bright red different from R4 bright red? I think they are supposed to be the same, but are they really? How about E5 bright red?

I want a red that is definitely more red than orange, but still almost flourescent red on an overcast day. The car I saw in 33-1 bright red looked like that to me. Any opinions?

What about Viper red? How does that compare to 33-1, R4 or E5?

I've included a poll for everyone to vote for their favorite red.

PP-1 is more of a dark or cherry red. Viper red will look very orange as will most "bright" reds. I vote PP-1.

I'm not a fan of red cars ( even though I keep geting them, my '68 was and will be pp1 again... one day ). Every now and then I see a '68 Dart around town that's pp1. For red it's a nice classic / classy color that realy fits on our cars.

My original '69 Swinger 340 was R4 Red, but my 'new' '69 Dart is going to be 'Viper Red'. Yes, I like them bright!

What about ev2 tor red????????????(i believe it is affectionately known as "hemi orange")

A different option.PPG's,"Spectre Red". Blood red,straight look. Has bluish,purplish overtones.Painted ,my 68 El Camino,that color. Hate tomato bland reds,to death.

My 64 Valiant is PP1 red, looks pretty bright to me.

-
Back