Bringing the 66 back to life

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Well it's been about two years now that my buddy Mike and I have been working on the 66 CUDA. It was in pretty rough shape when I first brought it home, my wife thought I was crazy but a 66 barracuda restoration was on my BUCKET LIST and this happened to be the one I decided to do. I bought it from a guy in Mt. Morris Michigan. It started out as a Flint Michigan car, then moved down to Atlanta Georgia for awhile and then back to Michigan again. He was going to restore it but it sat in his back yard for three years untouched then he decided not to do it so I bought it. I will post pictures of my progress from the last two years in the weeks to come. I just brought it home two Saturdays ago after having Terry another buddy of mine paint it, and now it's my turn to bring it back to life. This is what it looked like on day one, the day I brought it home. Hope you like it.
Bob

Attachments

• barracuda 1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,631
  • barracuda 3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,462
  • barracuda 5.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,447
  • barracuda 6.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,429
  • barracuda 7.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,449
Good looking car, i will look forward to seeing this thing progress.:)

Here are a few pictures of when it started comming apart

Attachments

• barracuda 26.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • barracuda 24.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,422
  • barracuda 23.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,419
  • barracuda 16.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 1,419
  • barracuda 10.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,398
  • barracuda 8.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,398
Wow Bob, I never saw the before pictures, but I sure like the after pictures!!! You need to share those here too. You've done an outstanding job of bringing it back to life. I got a little deja vu when you sent me the pictures of it after it was freshly painted!!! I can't wait to see it all put back together and finished, it sure is going to be a beauty. Congrats on such a beautiful job so far!!! And of course I hope it's smooth sailing from here till fire up!! Geof

thats the same color my car was when i got it..

Thanks Geof. I plan on spending all summer putting it back together and hope to have it fired up by June or July. Here is a shot at the painted product as it sits right now but I will show you guys the step by step revival pictures and how it got to this point.
Thanks
Bob

Attachments

• z111.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,389
  • z112.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,394
Geez Bob, that's quite a before/after transformation. You make it look easy! The paint is gorgeous. B5? I love those stripes! toolman

Thanks but remember this is over a two year period. I work part time in a dealership body shop and they were kind enough to let us work on the car after hours when we felt like it. Plus Mike and Terry both put their time in to make it look this way.

Thanks toolmanmike believe it or not that is the first time we have ever done stripes, was a little worried at first but they came out great. The color is surf blue I saw a new challenger that color and fell in love with it.

Great work! i hope i can make my Valiant look that clean. Simply amazing.

Here are a few more comming apart pictures

Attachments

• barracuda 34.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,347
  • barracuda 33.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,336
  • barracuda 32.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,332
  • barracuda 30.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,349
Subscribed

X2 =P~=P~=P~
This build will be watched closely :cheers:
Doing an A1 job 66 CUDA :tongue9::thumbrig:
Very nice choice on the stripe style and color =P~:wav:

Attachments

• Ralley's%20004.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,286
Thanks for all the great replys guys, here are a few more pictures. I had some of the parts beed blasted a little at a time as I was taking it apart.
Bob

Attachments

• barracuda 41.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,264
  • barracuda 40.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,275
  • barracuda 39.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,266
  • barracuda 37.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,308
  • barracuda 35.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,301
Thanks,the floors were pretty soft and both sides were repaired you will see it later when I get to those pictures. For now a few more comming apart pictures.
Bob

Attachments

• barracuda 42.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,236
  • barracuda 43.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,235
  • barracuda 44.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,223
  • barracuda 45.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,250
  • barracuda 46.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,226
Wow, the before pictures looked a lot like mine. minus the Vinyl top and plus the (automatic) console.

I found the quarter panels on Boston Craigslist, some guy bought them from Year One and didn't use them. He shipped them to me by Greyhound and they even came in a Year One box. They were not full quarters, they were about 8" above the wheel well and went from the tail light to about 6" in front of the wheel opening.

-
Back