Bringing the 66 back to life

-
Very nice, it turned out beautiful. mine is almost at that same spot. I can't wait.

Well I got the title and regestration back from the Michigan SOS ( secratary of state) and went for my first drive. I took it for about a 15 mile round trip back to the shop where we did the body work so I could show it off. Everything went smooth, no problems. I have had it out a few more times since but just for a short putt and I am getting ready for that first drive on the expressway. Anyhow it runs great and drives real smooth it rolls nice and strait.
Bob

Attachments

• z254.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 407
congratulation Bob next year i can see your car in reallive i hope

big_applaus.gif
big_give5.gif
big_give5.gif
big_give5.gif

That is a beautiful fish!! Nice job, the stripe really looks sharp too!!!

Thought I would uncover the Barracuda today, pull it out of the garage and let it run for a while. No I don't have the bug yet, to much snow still around. They said we have had 49.1 inches so far this year and more coming on Wednesday, can't wait.
Bob

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 349
  • 008.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 009.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 010.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 361
Looks very out of place amid all that snow!! Barracuda is a warm water fish ya know Bob!!LOL!!

Hey all, I bought a sway bar from one of our members here" slantsixdan" it is an ADDCO # 751 1 1/8" nice looking bar along with an up-graded mounting kit. Any how when I started to install it I did not like the way they wanted me to use some angle brackets to mount the front brackets, they would have hung about an inch or so lower that the K member and I thought it looked a little lame. So we modified the brackets a little so instead of using the angle brackets that come in the kit we just bent them so I could drill a hole in the bottom of the K member and bolt them right up. I think it looks a little cleaner. I have always wanted to put a front sway bar on my 66 and thanks to Dan I now have it done. I am looking forward to taking it out for a test drive to see how much better it handles.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 008.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 005.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 007.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 001.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 006.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 002.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 003.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 004.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 326
The test drive went good, and yes it was a good improvement. No more dipping one way or the other when I make a turn. I also like the look it kind of adds a little badness to the front end. Tomorrow is the Harper cruise in St. Clair Shores Michigan so this will be it's first long drive since I put it on. Looking forward to the drive. If any of you A body members from Michigan are going I will be just north of 9 mile rd. parked at RICO'S AUTO right where little mack dead ends into harper.
Bob

Had a little problem with the new 66 273, it got a little hot when I sat in traffic stopped for a while. So I picked up a fan shroud from Geof (cosgig) yesterday and installed it last night. That and a bottle of wetter water and we will see if it takes care of the problem. It was nice to see Geof yesterday we just shot the S--- for a while to bad it was raining, the Barracuda got a little wet. Here is the shroud installed.
Bob

Attachments

• z280.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 220
  • z279.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 200
  • z278.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 208
  • z277.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 230
  • z276.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 243
I decided it was time for some up-grades for my 66 like a few more horses under the hood. Nothing real drastic so I pulled the motor, I had a 2400 stall converter made up from EDGE Racing Converters, found a 66/67 CAP 4 bbl intake, installed a double roller timing set, and added a Holly 600 cfm 4776S carb. That plus the new 8 3/4 rear end with 3:55 gears and a sure grip should wake this fish up a little bit. Brought home the motor today, still need to freshen up the paint and then if I can get a day at least in the 40's weather wise I will drop it back in. I am looking forward to a little drive to see how it will preform now.

z349.JPG

z350.JPG

z351.JPG

z352.JPG

Last edited:
We had a very nice day here in Michigan today. The sun was out and it almost hit 40* 36* to be exact. Any way it was close enough to 40* so first I put a new pump seal in the trans and installed the 2400 stall converter from EDGE RACING then I put the engine back in the Barracuda, not that I am getting the bug I just could not stand to see my motor sitting in the cradle in front of the car anymore. Hope to finish it up over the next few days, I am still going to open up the exhaust manifolds a little and polish them up and I still need to go to Mancini's and get the throttle lever extension for the Holly carb and the throttle cable mounting bracket and once that is all done then just lengthen the upper kick down rod for the 4bbl and I should be ready for SPRING!!! can't wait.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Another nice day here in Michigan and this day belongs to me, I have no where to go or nothing to do so it's time to play with the Barracuda (rare day). Exhaust manifolds are on and I hooked up the Y pipe, finished up all the small things to do. Put the new aluminum radiator in along with my fan shroud and hooked up all the hoses, filled it up with antifreeze. The accelerator linkage along with the kick down linkage is done, put in the battery, hooked up the cables and just went over all my steps to make sure everything was tight and properly installed. Dam I think I am ready to start it up, cranked it over and it started right up. Let it run until it got hot so the Eastwood paint on the exhaust manifolds could cure a little, hit forward and reverse a few times and topped off the trans fluid. I will make a few more final adjustments over the next few day's and cruising time is here again. OH YEA!!!

z359.JPG

z360.JPG

z361.JPG

z362.JPG

z363.JPG

I bought it off of eBay from autocity 1958 it was $229.00 and free shipping, I figured I would give them a try, the only thing I had to do was open up the lower bolt slots a tad they were to tight for my liking.

-
Back