Bucket seat vs full bench

-

lee01

Reaction score
I'm putting back together a 71 Duster its got a 4 speed manual.

I have the choice to go full bench or bucket seat w/o console.

What your options? (i'm curious)

Alot of people over here swear by the full bench with the stick coming out for a more sleeper look and others bucket seat = more performance and the way it should be.

My car is not stock nor will be.

I absolutely love the bench with 4-speed. Especially if it's the deluxe bench. (High back with the armrest) But, you really can't go wrong here, either way.

Memories... Bench seat with a 4 speed with the girl friend sitting next to you.... Oh, yes there are advantages to a bench seat. Married with a griping old lady is where the buckets come in handy. Maybe even passenger seat delete.

Memories... Bench seat with a 4 speed with the girl friend sitting next to you.... Oh, yes there are advantages to a bench seat. Married with a griping old lady is where the buckets come in handy. Maybe even passenger seat delete.

You so funny Okcc! This say's it all.

Well if you want your girl on your arm while you drive then bench seat, I like the bucket seats but still have a bench in mine.. Just more style section in buckets.

Just pull the passenger seat and leave it in the living room

Bench seats belong in pick up trucks! The best of the best muscle cars mopar put out had bucket seats. I vote bucket seats all day long!

bench...no contest.
if you prefer buckets then low back with headrest,i know they would not be correct for a '71 but you said stock is not important

I always thought I wanted buckets. But the first thing my 50-year-old wife said after she saw the bench seat made me turn red as a beet. :finga:

pretty interesting reply from you guys!

The bench seat seem the winner so far.

Keep your opinion coming :glasses7: you funny! lol

With a four speed buckets only! I don't need somebody getting in the way of me banging the gears :twisted:

Now if you did do that passenger seat delete,that means she would be sitting right behind you and you know how back seat drivers are. Stick with the bench !!!

Bob

I have a bench in my 4 speed Dart that I'm ripping out and going bucket seats. My main reason is the wife likes to drive and I'm stuck riding shotgun with my face pressed up into the windshield. I like my space.

I don't have the four speed but do have a bench and would still have the bench with the four speed. I like the bench seat.

The later model bench looks a bit like buckets and has the arm rest too.

4spd bench is always nice to see. a columb and a bench seeat, not so much

in my opinion:

duster/demon buckets..

if it were a dart then i would go bench.

I was going to say bench because I love them in the Darts and Valiants with a 4 speed. But abodyjoe post has me agreeing with him. Duster, Demon, and I'll add Barracuda's should have buckets. The real question is console or no console?:D

-
Back