Building the car no one wants

-
An ideal response: "Then go buy yourself a few and do that. In the meantime, shut your trap and mind your own business."

Which is the fun part.

I may have the only left. ;)

So, yeah, let's scrap it and build yet another clone.

Viola!

Calling Enos! :burnout:

Love it! Indie movie time.

Which is the fun part.

I may have the only left. ;)

So, yeah, let's scrap it and build yet another clone.

Make that three left. And at least two of them are rocking dog dishes.

2aa0ylj.jpg

19452038565_26af0c1259_c.jpg

And I'll even donate the engine block of the Satellite to any 2-door. If you want a greasy, clapped out 318. She's got an '89 360 in it now (if interested, build thread in the Magnum forum: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970966845 )

And with exception to that Chevrolet in the background, all the neighbors' vehicles in this photo are 4-door Mopars too. :glasses7:

-Kurt

One of the grandmas down the street from me when I was a kid had the twin to that 68. She was still driving it after I moved away in '89. It sat for years after she passed and I always asked her daughter to let me know when they were ready to sell it. The answer was always that they were "..going to fix it up one day." and the next time I saw it, it was sitting in the local "U-Pull-It" yard. Errrrr

One of the grandmas down the street from me when I was a kid had the twin to that 68. She was still driving it after I moved away in '89. It sat for years after she passed and I always asked her daughter to let me know when they were ready to sell it. The answer was always that they were "..going to fix it up one day." and the next time I saw it, it was sitting in the local "U-Pull-It" yard. Errrrr

Where was it located?

The PO's photos indicate that it was rough enough to have been possibly yanked out of a junkyard, plus one of the original tires had been sliced with some crude tool, as if someone were trying to save money at a pick-and-pull.

-Kurt

Tampa, Florida. That U-Pull-It would not sell anything in one piece once it made its' way in the fence. I watched them crush a '41 Dodge 4-door. That car DID NOT belong in there. It was so straight and rust-free, that it looked like it had been garaged for 50 years, right down to the dry rotted wide whitewalls.
To some folks, it's was just an old junker!

Tampa, Florida. That U-Pull-It would not sell anything in one piece once it made its' way in the fence.

Might even be it...or not. This one is in FL too.

Anything can come out of a U-Pull-It yard in one piece. You just need to find the right person to bribe, and the right amount of money. It's usually not worth the latter.

-Kurt

barbee6043 said it all!! I have had some real winners in my time. One that comes to mind was my 67 tempest with a OHC 6 and a 3 speed. Bo n Luke woulda been proud of me. That car spent more time in the air then then on the ground. If you have the time,BUILD it. Keep your skills sharp and have fun with it!!!

You've got a factory built, "H" code, '69 Sport Satellite 4 door?

I keep forgetting. Nope, my Satellite isn't that exotic (from factory that is), unfortunately. Just a boring F code 318. Ditto for the B-code Valiant (which can't even brag that its leaning "Tower of Power" is somehow related to a really great brass band).

But they're surviving 4-door Mopars - and these days, that seems hard enough.

-Kurt

So, do you have that duster together yet?

I keep forgetting. Nope, my Satellite isn't that exotic (from factory that is), unfortunately. Just a boring F code 318. Ditto for the B-code Valiant (which can't even brag that its leaning "Tower of Power" is somehow related to a really great brass band).

But they're surviving 4-door Mopars - and these days, that seems hard enough.

-Kurt

And even that makes 'em awesome in my book.

No way can you make a 71 Duster into the car nobody wants if the shell is decent. Our A bodies get lumped into this category however, that model has to be considered one of the more desirable species within this maligned breed that we love.

IMG_0756.PNG
This thing has just been too much fun! I drive it like it's the 80's all over again!

One of the nicest Mopars I have seen was a 68 Valiant, 2 door post. The car had just the right look, for me, anyway. Sunfire yellow, body color wheels with the small Plymouth caps, just a little rake and fatty tires in the back.

Looked like something a very angry grandmother would drive and it sounded mean.

-
Back