Bullet Bob Reed crashes his SS/AH

-

sscuda

The best there is, the best there ever will be.
Reaction score
Hey FABO members.

I just learned that Bullet Bob Reed crashed his Silver '68 Barracuda SS/AH car.

It's a mess too!!!

According to Bob it's repairable.

See attached picture.

5577468-bobreed.jpg

FYI - he was wearing his signature cowboy boots when it happened.

sscuda

5577468-bobreed.jpg

All,

These AH cars are a handful on a good day, especially a 4 speed car.

Bob was intimating that the track prep was less than satisfactory beyond the 1/8 th mile marker.

According to Bob the car got loose going into high gear.

Of course he didn't think to take his foot out of it when it got squirrely, but that's "Bullet Bob".

He's OK, just a little pride got damaged.

sscuda

Damn, I didn't want to hear that. Notice how like a true old school hush-hush racer one of the first things they did was cover the motor up 8) gotta love the sneakieness. And Bullet Bob is my hero, anyone see him on Pass Time? LMAO he's a riot

All,

Nothing "sneaky" here. Bob was just trying to cover the carbs so nothing else got into the motor. Half the hood and several metal pieces got sucked into the carbs as it was. Aside from the cosmetics he's looking at a complete rebuild.

FYI - His intake, carbs, and heads are 5 years outdated. No secrets there!! (LOL)

sscuda

That's why I don't drag race, because I could not afford to fix it if I wreck it.

Right, like the public streets are safe for your precious baby. That's the reason I do drag race, no little old ladies to run into my car. How many cars do you actually see crashed on a drag strip? Not many that I know of, however your car could easily be totalled on the street.

I'm very sad to see that. I met him almost 2 decades ago at a fastest MOPAR street car shootout at Bristol. He is an extremely nice gentleman and will take the time to visit with you, even if you are a young guy just trying to build a car on a budget like I was back then. I sure hope he can get it back together soon.

-
Back