Buyers beware of Ws08

-
None of that is stated in any actual contract.
It would have to read something like-
"I The Seller, guarantee that this item will be shipped by, and delivered to The Buyer by midnight of (fill in the date) or this deal shall be defaulted on, and money promptly refunded in full by (fill in the date)
Both parties need to sign it.
ANYTHING less than that, and you have ****
not entirely true. All you have to do is have proof the seller hasnt shipped an item in a reasonable amount of time. And lying about shipping an item on an email would be proof

MAIL FRAUD
Title 18, United States Code, Section 1341

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

Elements of offense under this section are existence of scheme, or making of false representations and promises, for purpose of obtaining money or for defrauding, furthered by use of mails. Fabian v. U. S., C.A.8 (Iowa) 1966, 358 F.2d 187,

WIRE FRAUD
Title 18, United States Code, Section 1343

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

Mail or wire fraud occurs when person intentionally participates in scheme to defraud another of money or property and uses mails or wires in furtherance of that scheme. Cesnik v. Edgewood Baptist Church, C.A.11 (Ga.) 1996, 88 F.3d 902,

Last edited:
Joey could actually put a stop to most of this nonsence with a simple disclaimer at the top of each Sale category.
" All transactions must be settled in full within 30 days of payment, or seller will be permanently banned from placing any further For Sale ads"
With that, all the seller needs to do is show a screenshot of the PayPal transaction or pic of cashed check (SOL on money orders) and a PM to the seller on the 30th day.
So what do we do about jerks like this who get banned and keep re-registering under a new name/IP?
PLY30, Justin Figgatt and Mike440 have all been banned permanently, and yet...

So what do we do about jerks like this who get banned and keep re-registering under a new name/IP?

I said most, not all.
It tells potential scammers up front that their game won't be played here.

not entirely true. All you have to do is have proof the seller hasnt shipped an item in a reasonable amount of time. And lying about shipping an item on an email would be proof

MAIL FRAUD
Title 18, United States Code, Section 1341

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

Elements of offense under this section are existence of scheme, or making of false representations and promises, for purpose of obtaining money or for defrauding, furthered by use of mails. Fabian v. U. S., C.A.8 (Iowa) 1966, 358 F.2d 187,

WIRE FRAUD
Title 18, United States Code, Section 1343

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

Mail or wire fraud occurs when person intentionally participates in scheme to defraud another of money or property and uses mails or wires in furtherance of that scheme. Cesnik v. Edgewood Baptist Church, C.A.11 (Ga.) 1996, 88 F.3d 902,
Good luck enforcing "reasonable". I can see the cop at his door now. " You are under arrest for not completing a transaction in a reasonable time"

i'll email joey, all depends on the type of software the forum uses. There's other ways of tracking them down that they can't hide from electronically.

FYI, my Paypal account is linked thru my American Express card (I never use Paypal account balance for purchases). Just got off the phone with Am Ex and they guaranteed my account would be credited and they would pursue this matter.

One other mistake I made was assuming it was a guy, April is the primary person that received the emails and has responded periodically... Personally I think it is a ring of several people...

I think that April is his GF...

He knows that his real name will send up red flags... :mob:

Last edited:
It's SO much easier to be honest....Why would anyone want to do biz like this?? Ugh..ugh...:(

I've kept kinda low profie. I've had dealings with him or her? this week. I did get a refund for parts not shipped. I guess I'm one of the lucky few?

" All transactions must be settled in full within 30 days of payment, or seller will be permanently banned from placing any further For Sale ads"

I'm sure it sounds easy -- but its not. I've banned Justin, Oh, more then 3 times now.

I said most, not all.
It tells potential scammers up front that their game won't be played here.

We don't have that many. Just a couple really.

It's SO much easier to be honest....Why would anyone want to do biz like this?? Ugh..ugh...:(
I have a saying. Lies are like a poisonous snake, sooner or later you're gonna get bit.

He was charged last time. The police where involve, they made him send everybody's money back. I forget the members name, he went and pressed charges. You have to call the local police. They know Justin very well. The officer I talked to said he does have mopar parts.

The officer I talked to said he does have mopar parts.
He does...that's just it. He has mailed some buyers the parts they purchased, just enough to cast a shadow of doubt to law enforcement on his bunko schemes. The burden of proof lies in the hands of those he's screwed, so keep careful records of each and every transaction.

Does he/they have any other known handles on this board at this time?

IP address is the electronic fingerprint.

-
Back