buying from Jeg's.....

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Grant steering wheel from Jeg's. Anyone had bad experience's with them?Or good? I hope no problems getting it over the line.8)

Youll be fine buying from them . I purchase more things online than I do in stores :) No running around and the product comes to you .

Yeah, I have bought alot of stuff from them over the years.

Never had a problem once, and it always came pretty fast.

Remember to read the fine print about cost of shipping here. Local racers I know have their stuff shipped to a drop place just south of the border.

Never had a problem from jegs. Last time we ordered from them we got a hat, lol.

Ordered my MSD distributor from Summit shipped to my package receiver in WA in 2 days.Very nice people to deal with just watch out for high brokerage fee's and taxes (best to see if they will ship USPS but most won't).That's why I pick up stuff in the states and bring it across myself.

Jegs seemed good to deal with but Summit seems to be cheaper but they both will match or beat a price from the competition.

Jegs is a good place,they ship fast and I have even seen people have problems with what they bought and contacted jegs and solved the problem and even receive $100.00 gift certificate for the trouble.

I like jegs..summit is good too though and I have known people to use jcwhitney for some things aswell.

And I like grant wheels also,good choice.

i have had one bad experiance when me and my dad were building a 84 dodge pickup 440 truck the pick up that goes inside the oil pan took over a year and they kept coming up with excuesses why it wasnt here and so on so after a year and a half my dad said forget it canceled the order and just lost intrest in the truck and it was givin to his buddys son oy do i wish i was older than i would of loved to have that truck

No real problems with jeg's but I prefer summit due to their superior customer service. I once had to return a part to jeg's and the guy gave me a hard time even though it was never installed and in the original box and I hadn't even had it a week. It was a collector silencer insert that was too long for the collector. Their customer service may well have improved since and maybe the guy was just having a bad day but it left a poor taste in my mouth. In comparison, I bought a engine bolt kit from summit that was missing a card of bolts. The UPS guy showed at work the next day with a new set and return tag, slapped the tag on the box and said "have a nice day". That was stellar service.

That being said, if summit didn't have a part that jeg's had, I would probably give jeg's another try.

Well, I placed an order with them last Monday night, and the complete order was at my door step in Ct when I got home from work today, (Wed.) shipped by Fedex.

Well,I ordered my wheel last Sunday,We'll see when it gets here.8)
Can you post pics. of the wheel and the final total after shipping?I,ve had to pay more when parts arrived.I,m also interested in a Grant Tuff wheel.Could you PM me with cost.Thanks

I use to spread my orders around between Jegs and Summit but I had one bad experience with Jegs a couple yrs. back that soured me on them. Ordered a cam and lifter kit for a job I was doing. 4 days went by and it never arrived so I called them to see what was up and the person that answered didn't seem like she gave a crap that I didn't get the part. Said it showed up in the system but didn't show shipped?? She said she'd get it coming out the next day and I'd have it in 4-5 business days. I told her I needed the part sooner than that and according to their policy all orders would be shipped within 24 hrs. Would she do something to get it hear faster. She said sure as long as you want to pay $50 for expedited shipping. If Summit would have had what I wanted I'd have told her to shove it but they didn't so I had to wait several days longer for my parts. I also told her as soon as this was done they could take me out of their system cause their customer service is about useless. All she said was fine and hung up. That's some pretty poor customer service. I hope your wheel arrives ok Dreno. Grant wheels are super nice.

10-4 fishy! Sounds about like my experience. Summit has always gone out of their way to make me a repeat customer. They even sent me the wrong part (a nice billet style full length plug wire separator that bolts to the valve cover) for my 360 but just told me to keep the big block version they sent as reparation for my time. I still have it, lol.

Summit's two warehouses out in the West and Midwest may be the difference though in regards to shipping time. :)

10-4 fishy! Sounds about like my experience. Summit has always gone out of their way to make me a repeat customer. They even sent me the wrong part (a nice billet style full length plug wire separator that bolts to the valve cover) for my 360 but just told me to keep the big block version they sent as reparation for my time. I still have it, lol.

Summit's two warehouses out in the West and Midwest may be the difference though in regards to shipping time. :)

Yep Summit has been real good to me too. I recently sent some parts back I bought nearly a year ago. The box was pretty scratched up from getting moved around and they didn't say anything. Just gave me my money back, minus a 10% restock fee which every place does. Then Sunday night I put in an order for $335 worth of stuff then got on the board here and saw GTX posted a 10% off coupon from Summit. I thought "CRAP"!! Then I thought what the heck I could call them and see if they'd honor it. She said sure and gave me a 10% credit. That's good service. I know alot of guys have had good service from Jegs but it didn't seem to work for me so Summit gets my business.

Right on Fishy and the restock fee is very fair after almost a year and not to mention the they took the coupon code!

I was going to roll bar the ramcharger and only Jeg's had the kit but I'll bet if I call Summit they'll figure out a way to get it. Not that I want to roll the RC, lol! But it's a good thing to have out here in Colorado on the trails. :)

Right on Fishy and the restock fee is very fair after almost a year and not to mention the they took the coupon code!

I was going to roll bar the ramcharger and only Jeg's had the kit but I'll bet if I call Summit they'll figure out a way to get it. Not that I want to roll the RC, lol! But it's a good thing to have out here in Colorado on the trails. :)

Yeah I bet they would get it if you asked. Don't blame you I'd want a roll bar too if I went out in the trails. Hope to never need it of course.

-
Back