California Flash

-
Looks great Denny! It was a treat to check it out in your shop last month. Top notch work as usual.

Looks great Denny! It was a treat to check it out in your shop last month. Top notch work as usual.

Thanks for coming, I love having company, I was probably still talking to you as you rolled out the drive way.

36 degrees....but sunny out today.

20211217_120005.jpg

20211217_115827.jpg

good eye....gonna have to "fix" it, so looks like new matt-ghost stickers for the doors. Likely take more time to peel the originals off and remove the door handles / locks than it will to re-install correct door graphics. I see a few "adjustments" while I'm at it.

Last edited:
can't you overlay a gloss clear/gloss red 'the' onto the existing first to see if you'll get away with it? worth trying before removing the lot and starting again.
neil.

Last edited:
can't you overlay a gloss clear/gloss red 'the' onto the existing first to see if you'll get away with it? worth trying before removing the lot and starting again.
neil.

I agree, worth a look see.

Glad you put up pictures of it outside, I couldn't really see all the ghosting while inside. Looks terrific.

Check it out. It was there, Bart just missed removing the cut outs. Wish all fixes were this easy.

20211220_123101.jpg

back at ya'

April 1975 CarCraft cover.....and the 10 x 10 color photo proof of shot compliments of Peterson Publishing achieves

Car Craft cover c.jpg

Leal 10 lg c.jpg

cold and windy today but off I go for a 3-mile drive to drop the Duster off for the updated door graphics install. They were good....just not good (large) enough.

20220105_134748.jpg

20220105_141504.jpg

door graphics 2.0 . Bigger California Flash, centered correctly and lined up with the center door crease instead of the bottom.

20220107_162959.jpg

20220107_162817.jpg

finally found a tuff wheel adapter, got it painted and installed. End of mission. Next stop....California

20220120_121751.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous, Butch & his grandson will get tons of enjoyment out of that fabulous car. KUDOS for the attention to detail.

-
Back