cam choice

-
got a cam for a good price, so let me know whether its gonna be any good for me. the guy claims its a mopar performance, but i dont see any chrystler stamps, so i doubt it. p/n is 613534 in case it auctually is.

heres the stats

..............in......ex.
lift (net) .398 .420
duration 260* 270*
opens 24* 69*
closes 56* 21*

overlap 45*
.............@ .50 lift
..............in.........ex.
duration 194* 204*
opens 8* atc 37*bbc
closes 22*abc 13*btc

not sure what all this means, so hopefully itll work ok for me

thanks again for the help

got a cam for a good price, so let me know whether its gonna be any good for me. the guy claims its a mopar performance, but i dont see any chrystler stamps, so i doubt it. p/n is 613534 in case it auctually is.

heres the stats

lift (net) .398 .420
duration 260* 270*
opens 24* 69*
closes 56* 21*

overlap 45*
.............@ .50 lift
duration 194* 204*
opens 8* atc 37*bbc
closes 22*abc 13*btc

That is extreme!

Extremely mild!:-D
eatpopcorn.gif

heres the stats

lift (net) .398 .420
duration 260* 270*
opens 24* 69*
closes 56* 21*

overlap 45*
.............@ .50 lift
duration 194* 204*
opens 8* atc 37*bbc
closes 22*abc 13*btc

Yeah, that's seriously like a stock 318 2-bbl. cam. NOT a good choice for performance.

heres the stats

lift (net) .398 .420
duration 260* 270*
opens 24* 69*
closes 56* 21*

overlap 45*
.............@ .50 lift
duration 194* 204*
opens 8* atc 37*bbc
closes 22*abc 13*btc

Not to be critical,but I dont get it. :-k

You asked the members what cam would be a good choice. :thumleft:

Members gave you some sound advice on a cam. :sign7:

You go to a "SWAP MEET",and by a cam you have no idea about. ](*,)

Just dont get it. #-o

Someone posted a new in box MP 761 cam in the for sale section. There in Canada I think.
It's something like 228/231 @ .050 cam. On a 110 c-line.

got the cam for cheap, so i figured it was worth a shot if anything.

Not to be a jerk, but only if your intent was to build a completely stock 318 for some weird restoration, you wanted to get 27 MPG on the highway, or you wanted a hammer-reliable tow engine that would survive the apocalypse.

Why is everybody going so small I have the comp xe268 and it sounds great , the car pulls good and mileage is pretty darn close to my old bone stock 2bbl setup I just get up to cruising speed a little quicker then idle along with traffic and hopefully it will still be a good choice when I pull the motor back out and stroke it { "more power Scotty dammit I must have more power "}

A smaller cam would make almost the same amount of power but add torque on the lower end and probably give you even better MPG (at least in this application). The point is that having a cam with more lift than the head can use is just a waste and can have negative effects. And duration, the more you have the less efficient your engine will be at lower RPM (again, at least on a mild 318 like this).

-
Back