cam for my 410?

-

Dartboy69

Slant Six Aint Cuttin It
Reaction score
I have a 410 stroker kit for my 360, cast crank, h beams, forged pistons. I want a streetable motor with around 400 horse, but am getting mixed reviews on what cam to use, I have gathered that I will use a hydraulic flat tappet for reliability, but im not sure what lift/duration. any advice?

69 dart, manual trans, 3.55 gears

Get ahold of Comp Cams and give them all your cars info(heads,carb,trans,gears and tire size)They should beable to come up with. Cam exactly for your car and needs.I have a solid roller cam in my 410,but is mostly for racing.

I have a 410 stroker kit for my 360, cast crank, h beams, forged pistons. I want a streetable motor with around 400 horse, but am getting mixed reviews on what cam to use, I have gathered that I will use a hydraulic flat tappet for reliability, but im not sure what lift/duration. any advice?

What heads?

FWIW - My Comp XS282S makes 410-420 with "average" ported 587 heads in a 392 - but the XS282S is a solid.

Reviving this guys, sorry about the LONG delay.

But the heads are stock eddy (la, not magnum), so far, with only plans to port match.

And thanks for the info, money has been tight, but with the holidays over the 410 should be rolling in a few months! :glasses7:

Anything in the 240°-245° @ .050 will make that number with gasket matched and corrected RPMs. Lift in the .500-.540 area.

Reviving this guys, sorry about the LONG delay.

But the heads are stock eddy (la, not magnum), so far, with only plans to port match.

Which LA heads, the "360" closed chamber version or the "340" open chamber version? What type of pistons, dished or flat tops?

-
Back