Camaro site debates mopar vs chevy

-
i just signed up my user name is gay camaro hope they dont kick me out

Looked through the posts & can't say I completly disagree with some of 'em. I DO find it interesting they ignore the fact their precious cars didn't start winning consistently until NHRA factored the Mopars out of competition.

Too funny!!!
This quote's funny, too:
"Chevy 454 LS6 = 450Hp...................Chrysler 426 Hemi = 425Hp"
I heard factory hemis were realistically pushing close to 600hp out of the showroom.

Wow, it takes me forever to read all those posts. Very interesting! Any of the GM guys that ever owned or rode in or raced a Mopar (and got beat) had lots of good things to say about our brand. I personally think most Mopar heads are the nicest most easy going car owners on the planet. We like our cars because of what they are. We don't like cookie cutter cars that's why we own Mopar.
toolmanmike

Amen. I think GM cars are easy on the eyes, but, man, every car show I go to has the same GM cars. It gets boring.

I signed up as ol'fish and await my OK to get in.

The one poster about "Hemi's being garbage and leaked oil on theshowroom floor etc.. I looked at his profile, He's fereakin a 21 Y/O baby know nothin.

I like the Stang guy, 302 running 9's.

I signed up as ol'fish and await my OK to get in.

The one poster about "Hemi's being garbage and leaked oil on theshowroom floor etc.. I looked at his profile, He's fereakin a 21 Y/O baby know nothin.

That's the reason I signed up too. Look farther down the line when the older guys caught him. He denies saying it but yet it's right there in black and white on post #50.

yeah, I bet they don't realize the 'trick' 18* heads and expensive shaft mount rockers they have to buy, we have stock.

and don't mention rod ratio to them.....

yeah, I bet they don't realize the 'trick' 18* heads and expensive shaft mount rockers they have to buy, we have stock.

and don't mention rod ratio to them.....

I brought the 18 degree valve angle heads up to a bud of mine that's a shivy guy awhile back when he was dissin my mopar. Should've seen the look on his face when I googled up 18 degree heads were stock on Mopars back since the 60's. Shut him up real fast.

Im not going to bother looking at the link cause dont feel like scrolling through the post and I get its a gm vs. mopar type of thing......honestly.....I love my mopars but i won't lie,chevy,ford and pontiac have made some cool cars that I like.....such as mustangs,trans ams/ firebird ,camaro,nova,chevelle and all the other cool ones....I have owned all.....and I have a few points to agree on....out of all the forums I have been a part of,the mopar community IS the most informative place with the nicest group of guys.....I would compare the mopar forums to hanging out in your garage drinking a couple beers with a bunch of old hotrodders and just BSing all night about cars and stuff.....as where I would say the mustang forums is compared to hanging out in the walmart parking lot talking about how your going to mod your mustang just like your other twelve buddys did and I would say that the chevy forums are equivalent to going to the bar with a bunch of younger guys and bickering all night over who knows more about chevy in an uptight kind of way......lol.....just a quick group of things to compare them to. I also agree that when you go to car shows,you see PLENTY of chevys and fords (and now ricers and bikes too) and not enough mopars. I am open to all the AMERICAN vehicle genres I guess.....but I do know that the mopars give you a nostalgic feeling....because there so few and far between....most people stop and stare and drool because its not the norm.....unlike the 100's of mustangs the roam the streets locally on a daily basis. its a toss up for my on the new challenger and the new camaro....I think they both look good and I think they both bring you back in time in the looks department but with a touch of modern crap. I REALLLLLLLLY think they need to put the cuda concept into production though.......it would be one bad mutha F%c*er. any how...not to ramble ,yes there are other cool cars out there made by different companies but the mopar is a different breed and is a very speacial group of cars....we are the few,the proud, the mopar community lol

I remember reading an interview with Tom Hoover ("Father of the Hemi") in one of the MoPar mags some years ago. He said that Chrysler routinely put newly assembled engines on the dyno during QC checks of the engine building process. He recounts that he never saw a 426 Hemi putting out less than 500 h.p.

What do you think of post#45, Kansas Twister? 5" of tire outside the quarter panel!! I suppose he thinks it looks bad ***. I would call it dumb *** lookin'!!

Not a one of them has mentioned the Achilles heel of Chev/GM...the Muncie. Who cares what the LS6 makes for horsepower if you have to get an auto because the 4-speed will explode on you. The Hemi 4-speed will hang with the power of a race Hemi... that is all the engineering you need to know regarding Chevs. I'd probably still own GTOs if it wasn't for that Muncie garbage. I do agree that Mopars aren't going to win any beauty contests, but there are more than a couple high points.

What do you think of post#45, Kansas Twister? 5" of tire outside the quarter panel!! I suppose he thinks it looks bad ***. I would call it dumb *** lookin'!!

Yeah that is stupid looking. Kinda like the stuff we did in the late 70's/early 80's. You'd get busted big time if you tried to drive that thing on the street around here.

Not a one of them has mentioned the Achilles heel of Chev/GM...the Muncie. Who cares what the LS6 makes for horsepower if you have to get an auto because the 4-speed will explode on you. The Hemi 4-speed will hang with the power of a race Hemi... that is all the engineering you need to know regarding Chevs. I'd probably still own GTOs if it wasn't for that Muncie garbage. I do agree that Mopars aren't going to win any beauty contests, but there are more than a couple high points.

That's a good point about the muncie. They had problems with the aluminum cases leaking and if you tried to speed shift the thing it would corn cob the cluster gear.

LoL i just made a account my username is DODGE RULE LOL they think that the 454 puts out more HP then a hemi hahahahahahahaha

-
Back