Canadian TTI Distributer?

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone might know of a Canadian distributer of TTI headers. Trying to line up a Christmas present for myself! They are big bux but well worth it,I hear.
Thanks

I don't know of one out west, but in Ontario, I bought mine through Nigel at National Moparts. His price was pretty reasonable, and I know he ships nation wide.

You might want to give these guys a call - they are a TTi distributor.
TTi can drop ship them right to your door even though the headers are ordered through one of their distributors.

Classic Performance

#27-1410-40th Ave. NE
Calgary, AB T2E6L1
Canada
Order Line: (403)216-6060
Fax: (403)215-6064
www.Classic-Performance.com

Thanks, I will be in Calgary on the 18th and 19th I will give them a shout. That link to their web site will not work for me, is that the right link?

I wouldn't buy bicycle parts from National Moparts.

All I ever got was a run around on shipping, inflated shipping prices and made to feel like they where doing me huge favours. I've done all my dealings with RPM in Saskatchewan since then. But unfortunatly they arn't a TTI dealer.

I've had good luck with them, so far. Actually all the vendors I've dealt with have been pretty good. Legendary
National Moparts
Stockton wheels
Performance Improvements
Mopar Performance

Sparky: I just tried the link again and it worked for me. I've never used these guys, so it's a web site only, not a recommendation. :) Let us know how you made out after you get back from Calgary.

Corey: Thanks for the heads up on National. Again, I haven't used RPM as a vendor yet, but I've heard good things about their parts and service. How's the machine work going in Edmonton on your motor?

I like RPM alot therey are always friendly and have the time to bs on the phone if you wanna. Always got my orders and their prices all seem to be inline. And being in Sask things get here faster. They usually put it on the Greyhound.

Machine work is going slow. The shop is very busy. Engine is going .40 over and have yet to decide on pistons, tomorrow I will find out if the crank is salvageable. If not I might lean towards a 4" stroker crank make a 416 out of it for the same price as a new stock stroke crank. Never any good news with my car really... to many back yard guys who thought they knew how to pull wrenches played with it.

Do you have a web site or phone number for RPM? I'll be needing to get a catalog as the old Vart progresses. :)

So, sounds like your crank may have some issues - bummer!! I think I'm going to go with the .030 over KB107's in mine this time around. I may still have to shave the heads a little to get where I want to be on compression, but I have to cc the heads before making any final decision on that. There really isn't a big price difference between the price of a stock crank and a stroker any more is there? Makes one think.

If your crank is not good, find a 360 crank (and I happen to have a real good one and would sell it - only because I picked up a 3.79 billet steel stroker crank). Have the mains turned down to 340 size and you end up with a 374cuin 340. I wish I'd have gone that route with the 340 I had - would have been a lot cheaper than the way I'm going now with a 360 stroker for 387cubes.
I personaly believe unless you are going to spend the money on either W2s, Indys or well ported Eddys, reworked LA heads will not provide enough air to support a 416 inch engine. A 374 most of them will and would be a better combination - and a lot less money spent. M2CsW.

Hmm that does sound like a MUCH cheaper plan. I couldnt get a hold of the machine shop to find out about things on friday as work was insane.

I had Don at FBO set me up with some J heads. Basically the thought was the 2.02's in the J heads I currently had hurt low end power in the street which is where my car lives and msot times I'm told with heads that already have 2.02's someone has ruined the shape of the chamber and removed too much material to get the power back. So I was recomended to go with 1.94 intakes to get the best of both worlds since I wont run at 6grand daily.

They where also supposed to have the ports hogged out and then rebuilt. Hadn't decided on the crank if mine is toast but never factored in lack of flow for the cubes. WHere are you 383 and how much would you want?

Heres the # Sid they dont have a Website 306-652-6668

Thanks for the number Cory - I didn't think they hosted a web site.
I definitely agree with Don on the 2.02's for the street, because I think you loose too much velocity on the bottom end, which is exactly where you need it for a street machine. I have the 915 "J" heads on my 360 with a 3 angle valve job and the stock valve size. Right now I can't remember if they're 1.88's or 1.94's so I'll have to check that when I cc them. Damned OLDTIMER'S disease. :) Does Don have these heads for sale on an exchange basis or just straight purchase? Price?

He found a set of good cores for me and built them from there. He deals with a lot of core shops so can most likely find you a set... or hell you might even be able to get mine.... my 340 is in the machine shops opinion not worth the rebuild. The crank is junk. The caps have been bounceing around, the line bore is horrid and all at different sizes. And the block has to go to .40 over. All in all she's worn out all thats good is the lifter bores and the deck. The rest needs lots of work

Nowto decide if I just get a 360 or hunt down a 340

Thanks for the info. I still think I'd get the machine work done on your old block and go from there. A .040 overbore isn't anything drastic, and align boring is just part of the block blueprinting process anyway. Tough call. :)

I finally got time to stop in Lacombe and look at that Duster I'd spotted there. It's a 75 with the 225 /6, 3 speed manual tranny, small rear end, manual drum front brakes, lots of bondo. Just about everything is there, but the dash parts won't be correct for your car, I don't believe. If anyone is looking for a clutch pedal assembly, it's all there.

Diamond make a good forged piston and its just a 340+.030/.040 size with a 360 pin height so it is shorter and lighter than a 340 piston. I believe Probe will make them also.

Hey Sparky,
I am new to the forum from New Brunswick on the east coast, I am not sure if they carry the TTI headers but I lucked out in finding parts for my 70 Swinger from http://www.ultimateperformancecar.com/ . Last time I checked they still didnt have their online catalogue complete. But you request parts prices and they do actually email you back I am not certain if their prices are considered good as I have only bought off of ebay so far as I am on a low budget and do not know of any Canadian Mopar restoratin parts distributors. I believe they quoted me approx $1277.00 for all floor and trunk pans and trunk extensions thta delivered with taxes. I am new to Mopar restorations and doing it the hard way from the ground up (building frame rails need drive train, and lotsa parts) as my budget is limited. wish I could get to that junk yard with the 100 cars you guys are talking about. anyway you can check em out they said they carry a ton of parts for my A body. A little late for Christmas, sorry just joined.

70dart, you might want to check out these folks also for repair panels. The quality seems to be just as good as anyone and they are priced in CDN $ and you don't have to worry about getting things across the border. One thing to watch for, number with 51 and 86 I believe are hand formed panels and only good as a last resort fix. :salut:

http://www.crosscanadaparts.com/cgi-bin/crosscanada/index.htm

Thanks for the info Old Vart

I remember seeing that site but I had forgot about it. Ultimate car performance is canadian too and I hear what you are saying about having to bring things from the U.S. we pay through the nose. I wish we had the distributors here that they have in the U.S. Ultimate car performance is a Canadian Year One Distributor though.

It is nice to have a few to shop around maybe some will pachage a deal for all four floor panels and the four for the trunk, wouldn't that be nice!! Thanks again.

-
Back