Canton oil pan ?

-

RedB.

Reaction score
My Gr. Son and I are building a 360 to go into his 73 Swinger and we were looking at oil pans and came across the 15-910 street/strip Canton pan, it looks nice but was wondering about fitment, does anyone have any experience with the Canton pans ?

Last edited:
I have a new one, still in the box. Was for a project that was nixed. Never installed so can’t verify how it will fit a particular chassis, but it is a nice pan. PM me if interested.
Also, they are gold cad just like the Milodon. Not silver zinc like Canton shows:

B72C06A5-FA0E-4FFA-ACE3-9A2CB470D8AD.jpeg

Last edited:
I just fitted a Canton oil pump [ not a Mopar ]. Four the holes failed to line up & a couple were half a hole out.

This is because Canton used a cheap std Chinese oil pan as the base & modified it.

I just fitted a Canton oil pump [ not a Mopar ]. Four the holes failed to line up & a couple were half a hole out.

This is because Canton used a cheap std Chinese oil pan as the base & modified it.
Ouch!!!!

After installing a Milodon that had issues recently I would go Kevco next time.

After installing a Milodon that had issues recently I would go Kevco next time.
I've decided this will be the one thread where I keep my mouth shut about one of the two brands you mentioned

spiderman-everybody.gif

Last edited:
I have a canton pan on my 360 magnum block, it fit great, unfortunately it’s in my 47 desoto with a 88 Dakota front clip, not sure how it would fit in an abody.

FWIW...Both of my Demons have Kevco pans. The 408 has one as does the 340. Neither had any issues at all.

Only issues I’ve ever read with any pan (Milodon, Kevco, Canton, Moroso etc) is the latest version from Milodon which PBR has documented the issues here (and from one I received and sent back for the same reason as PBR mentioned)
Oh, and then we have the guy from down under who had some non-Mopar pan from Canton with issues that I’d simply consider as an isolated instance, an outlier as I’ve never read of any issues with Canton other than where they put the drain plug. Milodon would be the pan that requires caution and test fitting. Wonder if they fixed the issues PBR informed them of?

Last edited:
I have a canton pan on my 360 magnum block, it fit great, unfortunately it’s in my 47 desoto with a 88 Dakota front clip, not sure how it would fit in an abody.
Hi. Do you mean you are useing the 88 front frame rails etc? I ask because when I contacted canton , asking about a pan for my 91 dakota sport. They told me they didn't make one. I ended up buying a kevco pan. So was wondering if you could post the P/N of your pan? Would like to compare the looks to mine. Looks like I am going to have to pull the transmission and raise the engine way up, to put the pan I have on.

I bought a kevko pan for my 91 dakota sport. So far the only complaint I have about it, is that when I pulled it out of the box. About 6 inches of the left front pain rail was bent up. The shipping box wasn't damaged. The pan I got has a built in screen and a crank scraper I think.

My Gr. Son and I are building a 360 to go into his 73 Swinger and we were looking at oil pans and came across the 15-910 street/strip Canton pan, it looks nice but was wondering about fitment, does anyone have any experience with the Canton pans ?

your link to canton pans website says they are out of stock for both pans. Who knows how long it will take to get more in. So I kindly recommend buying the pan that the member on here posted about.

Only issues I’ve ever read with any pan (Milodon, Kevco, Canton, Moroso etc) is the latest version from Milodon which PBR has documented the issues here (and from one I received and sent back for the same reason as PBR mentioned)
Oh, and then we have the guy from down under who had some non-Mopar pan from Canton with issues that I’d simply consider as an isolated instance, an outlier as I’ve never read of any issues with Canton other than where they put the drain plug. Milodon would be the pan that requires caution and test fitting. Wonder if they fixed the issues PBR informed them of?

A year later I called him about the free oil pan he promised me. He informed me he had just gotten the cores and I should have it in a month. Around two months later I called him again. Several weeks later I got it and it was exactly the same as the one I had issues with. Exactly. So I will no longer be buying milipuke oil pans. Now let’s talk about Canton oil pans. I will never buy another one of those either.

Hi. Do you mean you are useing the 88 front frame rails etc? I ask because when I contacted canton , asking about a pan for my 91 dakota sport. They told me they didn't make one. I ended up buying a kevco pan. So was wondering if you could post the P/N of your pan? Would like to compare the looks to mine. Looks like I am going to have to pull the transmission and raise the engine way up, to put the pan I have on.
Yes I cut the desoto frame off at the firewall and welded on the Dakota frame. I had to modify it where the motor mounts bolt to as it was a 4cyl. truck. I moved the motor back as far as I could while being able to still remove the valve covers. I also had a kevco pan on the motor that also fit without problems. I still have the kevco pan here, it has no home.

i've seen that some of the welds on those pans need slag cleaned up before use. not a big deal but something to check
I have a Kevko pan I purchased a few months ago…I could post some pictures if anyone is interested…

I have a Canton pan on my 67 Barracuda....not a fan coming from a Milodon. I had to cut a rather large notch out of my K-frame to make it fit (passenger side front corner), and it hangs lower than my old Milodon pan. 1 positive note, it did clear my headers just fine without shaping.

I have a new small block 360 Kevco pan. Only used to see how it fit a HDK. PM me if interested.

I will say anyone running any oil pan check your pickup to bottom of the pan clearance. Especially with a Canton oil pan. Hint hint.

-
Back