• Car show

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is your favorite? I personally love to drive my cars and have had great times at cruises. I have also shown both my cars and enjoy the other cars and people, it just isn't as much fun as a cruise.

I'll start off with a few pics. The last photo is the FABO crew at the Farmington show.

20160924_103901.jpg

20160924_121715.jpg

141.jpg

1433013116_zps2c0aff03.jpg

Last edited:
mhhh, lets see, sitting there explaining why i didnt build a 340 like "i should have" and why my duster didnt come with the factory sixpack hemi like the guys uncle (who by the way bought it brand new off the showroom floor)
or...fire that 408 up and do what the car was build to do...DRIVE it

wanna guess what i voted for?

I can't vote because it's an either/or question. I like both equally well for different reasons. That's why I built my car for both. No trailer queens for me!

I look up what are advertised as "cruises" and get there to find everyone sitting in a parking lot in lawn chairs.
Then I go home.

Except for this one, and it was a lot of fun because it was actually a cruise but they wanted to stop by the lake for some pics.

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

Sitting around a car show, for, at least, a few hours is a PITA. -- I prefer a Cruise-In. Hang out, and BS, with other Car Guys, and go home,

I prefer a cruise, but car shows are fun too when you know a bunch of the car people in attendance...:D

IMG_5729 (Medium).JPG

Our 1st gas stop on this cruise...

IMG_5740 (Medium).JPG

Cruise. Mopars on the Mississippi used to do one. 50 miles, two "mandatory" burnout spots in front of a couple bars where everyone came out and cheered. Ended at a high school ball field where the boosters opened the concession stand and sold burgers and sodas. It was a lot of fun until Dubuque city council got pissy and shut it down.

I went to a "cruise in" last night and it was basically a car show without the judging. We didn't go anywhere as a group and everyone stayed until the prizes were given away. Not saying that it was a bad thing, but I think the line is getting blurred between a cruise in and a car show.

We used to have a cruise in here in town where cars were constantly coming and going. There was a one mile loop you could cruise and then pull back in if you wanted to. Those days are gone. Now, most are just shows where people sit around in lawn chairs waiting for you to tell them how cool their 2016 Corvette is because they put chrome tips on their exhaust. I'm out. Let's drive!

there are 2 types of cruises??? the 1. go to the local burger joint, and 2. the cruise down a road to somewhere.. second is lots more fun. but either beats taking my car to a show.
the show is nice to see some ( mopar) cars, and meet a few new people, but then I have to sort them people out, ... some are real mopar guys that love their cars/hobby, some are ego maniac pricks,.... I prefer the first group! ha

I did enjoy car shows, but now I get tired of the questions about my 65 barracuda formula S.
I like your Nova
Does it have a hemi, and when you say the 273 commando came in the car and I prefer mine to be stock. You always have someone who purchased one new with a hemi. Sometimes it more fun to find some friends and cruise

Cruise. Mopars on the Mississippi used to do one. 50 miles, two "mandatory" burnout spots in front of a couple bars where everyone came out and cheered. Ended at a high school ball field where the boosters opened the concession stand and sold burgers and sodas. It was a lot of fun until Dubuque city council got pissy and shut it down.
That cruise along the Mighty Missip. was a fun one! Too bad they stopped it. A couple of Vipers playing. The photo was in 07' south of town.

fall07 020.jpg

i like the cruises and cruis ins better then shows. hate being trapped at a show all day. cruis ins i cruise in, eat,socialize and leave. cruises are great too. i put together a few over the years and we always had fun.

Cruising is more interactive and fun than going to a show and babysitting your car...

The Woodward Dream cruise is loads of fun ( and the largest in the world...)

The Woodward Dream Cruise

I prefer a cruise, but car shows are fun too when you know a bunch of the car people in attendance...:D

View attachment 1715060390

Our 1st gas stop on this cruise...

View attachment 1715060391

I'm with "C". I like both. I like the get together with gearheads, tell lies about our cars, etc. driving is fun too. Get together early in the morning, drive to an eaten place, chit chat then off to enjoy the rest of the day.

They have a burger joint with a cruise nigh ion Saturdays. I haven't been there in a while. It used to be cool with a live band, then it was a DJ. The people who went didn't really interact, or talk much, it was strange, it was more like a guy and his wife driving their classic car to get a burger, than it was about the cars. Also, in my area they get uptight if you squeal your tires leaving the parking lot. A nice cruise night with a burnout box in the back corner of the parking lot would be cool, but I also suppose it would be a liability. There are safe ways of having a burnout box though. :)

-
Back