Car getting real hot....

Heating / Cooling / AC

1. Dale Davies

Dale Davies Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:06 PM
    Possibly but it would need to be quite lean at which time driveability may be affected. Like it could be "a little bucky" as one guy described his driveability issue. It was an early emissions car that pretty much required a CO2 analyzer to adjust properly as they were so finicky.
    Probably other issues to look at.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • ir3333

ir3333 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      4:06 PM
      There are cooling systems and there are cooling systems. About 35 years ago i lost my fan belt returning home from a hunting trip in Northern Ontario.It was late October, cool and raining. We drove all the way home hour after hour and the engine never overheated in my '83 Toyota 4 x 4.When i got home and investigated the water pump was also seized.
      ...but the rad was constantly wet from the cold rain and air. That was an incredible truck in many other ways too.

• Dale Davies

Local Time:
      The early Model T Fords had no WP or fan. Convection circulated the coolant. Now these were low compression and low power engines with thick iron castings. There also was old one lunger power units that drove a flat belt. These were horizontal engines with a lawn mower style ignition. The top of the cylinder area was open and you had to check the water level and top it up to keep it above the cylinder wall. If it was going to freeze you just turned it over to dump the water out. In the morning you brought warm water heated on the wood stove and started it up.

• Dale Davies

Local Time:
      And yes those older Toyotas were pretty bullet proof.

• MAPS

MAPS FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      5:06 PM

@yellow rose
      Buddy, dear friend. Please don't allow anyone to upset you or try to tell you that their TV is not Black and White.....but 5000 shades of grey...
      I know, well, let's be realistic. The masses know, that you know what you are talking about.
      Not because you read it but because you tried it what you are saying.
      Trial and error are the true Deductions.... to any equating problem in the end.

As always, Thank You !....for your input, responses and logic to an issue that I (or any other member here) may be dealing with.
      Hopefully some will come to understand that (majority) of problems have an answer. Sometimes we must repeat the problem over and over until we get the answer we seek, not the one we wish it to be. (Ahem, speak with experience here, )

Y'all have a wonderful summer, which is just around the corner....release the pigeons and prepare for (AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE) problems but greater times of MOPAR MADNESS and last but not least thought provoking thoughts, responses and discussions galore !
      MAPS!

• RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I know one thing. I am glad I got mine tuned all up and running good and cool NOW, because summer is here and now it might can be a fun one! lol

...and I owe @yellow rose and @MOPAROFFICIAL a big thanks for their help.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • Smokie

Smokie New Member

Local Time:

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Smokie

Smokie New Member

Local Time:
          One question that I have is weather the cam was "degreed" or not. If it's retarted, it can cause over heating problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • MAPS

MAPS FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
            Now that I don't know, I would "assume" the guy who rebuilt it knew he had to do that ?
            Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.