People getting defensive at car shows!

-
Unfortunately a good number of Mopar enthusiast bring their bullshit drama along with their car to events. Can’t understand why can’t those people bring a car, pull up a chair and enjoy the show. Guess it’s the times, people are angry.

Unfortunately a good number of Mopar enthusiast bring their bullshit drama along with their car to events. Can’t understand why can’t those people bring a car, pull up a chair and enjoy the show. Guess it’s the times, people are angry.

very good observation, and I agree. I think people dont know how to quell the outside stressors( the news) that are designed to make us uptight and angry. I was just on the phone last night with my best friend that I knew since elementary school, we talked about the old days, I said" we grew up in the best times, kids today will never have the fun we had as teenagers..." Its as if today we are being made to be miserable at a young age...I'm glad I escaped it sort of...the only time I'm real miserable is when I'm at work or on my way to work ,and, guess whos there? yup, young people who have their head way up their but...:)

I was at a car show & a mate said some guys were messing with my tag,s raced over & they took off had 1 screw out .
Guess what tags are no longer on the car & the hood stays closed
Pan head machine screws, nylock nuts, bend the machine screw tail over when tight. Did that on my roadrunner, caught the guy trying to take the tag, bad day for him.

Exactly. I pull up, pop open the trunk and share my homebrew with the Mopar folks. I'll post a pic as soon as I find it. LOL

B89FC8CC-168F-404C-A04F-40209178E8EC.jpeg

Last edited:
My buddy has a real clean repainted new interior 1977 Camaro. He wanted to show it. I told him that I dislike it when people show their cars with the hood up. If I want to see the engine I'll ask to see it. Maybe its because I'm a bodyman. Anyway first time out, he got a trophy in his class and think having the hood closed helped him with that.

yeah the drag strip is enjoyable because the cars are actually running ,thee is the sights sounds, smells LOL! Plus a burger and beer stand...

Plus you go to a NHRA Divisional or National Race = The cars all run like y to build!!
It is not easy to build a competitive Stocker/Super Stocker or even maintain and tune one
if you can afford to buy one!

Goggle: John Irving Drag Racer

To see a few of my 10 A body Racers

I'm with ya there Mike.. Son even busted us from the grandstand at 'Dega! LOL
IMG_6535.JPG

Last edited:
My boys and I go to that show twice a year. We were sitting on a bench on Sunday and a guy was sitting behind his car. Another car came in and was backing up too close to his. He was going ape **** on the guy... haha we had a good laugh.

Always seems to be hit or miss with the weather there, this year was beautiful. Was there a lot there on Sunday? It seems a lot of people were packing up Saturday. Now that I finally have a project car again, I had reason to go through the swap meet. We took my buddies Road Runner down, parked in the show, and combed the meet. Hit more of the show in the afternoon, and talked with some cool people, and the guy I mentioned.

It's called being courteous......has that too been lost?

yes it would, but I didn't say run up and be a dick about it. big difference between checking out fender tags and prying up the trunk gasket to get at body stampings.

I have ppl take pictures of my car at car shows. I assume because ppl like it? Just as long as they aren't scratching car ect I don't care. If you don't like ppl taking pics of your car maybe keep it in your garage at home out of site....

Well said.

it doesn't matter really.. till you start saying "its all original" and asking 25-30 k LOL! people don't realize repainted /redone isn't "all original" those cars, in that "original survivor" condition are worth the most...IMO. But the clone guys, they are a different sort...

I dont really care about those kind of dorks, not worth the time and really are just embarrassing themselves.

Plus you go to a NHRA Divisional or National Race = The cars all run like y to build!!
It is not easy to build a competitive Stocker/Super Stocker or even maintain and tune one
if you can afford to buy one!

Goggle: John Irving Drag Racer

To see a few of my 10 A body Racers

or even to drive it to its potential, not an easy thing to get a 9 second car into the 9's and then consistently. then to be competitive and thats a whole different ball game.

I have a bud here in Tampa, some of Yall may know him. Has a bag a vins and stack of titles... you know, just for " rebodies" do I agree ? No. But I've seen him sell a fender tag for 400 bucks...

is that legal?

Napa Battery. FAIL. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(that's ok. I have a Wal Mart battery in mine. I dressed it up with a cap and sticker kit though)
I also have a NAPA battery in my Barracuda. LOL
I peeled all the stickers off and then painted it black with Kylon.

-
Back