CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
you bet we're ready and interested!!!!! Those Metros sound cool and the cars over the hill are driving me crazy to know what they are! Good luck . . .

Maybe there is a wagon waiting over that hill?

Jezz I wish man. If that were the case, I would still be out there wenching it towards FOTO's deck!!!

There were 5 over the hill, 1 next to house, Lebarron at the fence row, and MAN is that PINTO SWEET!!!!
There's also, 1 bull dozer, and....oh well wait till later, check back this evening....(That's whats known in the business as a tease)

Wait till ya see those hooodigidy blue checkered seats!! I gonna get her runnin, put a self adhesive semi placard for "FLAMABLE" on the back deck (should take up 1/2 trunk deck) with that bay blue color and the bling rims....OWAH GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY I CAN"Y WAIT TA DRIVE THAT PONY YEAH BABY!!! Oh....sorry....8)

Pics soon. This is not an official chapter report. Just a quick note to tune in later for videos and pics. Me and Baby bout took out a flock of turkeys...LOOKOUT BABY!! RAMMING SPEED!!!!:toothy10: In Video!

Got back just before lunch, and went and picked up a junker. Now am getting ready to get ABB so we can go see the Nashes.....NashI.......TriNash......Nashx3......
NASHESESESSS.

See ya in the funny papers!!8)

Please tell me you are not turning into a Pinto Bean???

Please tell me you are not turning into a Pinto Bean???

No but a good going over and 1 months drive time, some wax and clean the windows, and it will be up for sale for TAX SEASON!!! Time for GROCERIES!!Pass the A-1.
Soon to be seen west of Aurora on Us 50!!! Yeah Baby, Ride that pony!!! WhoooHoooo!!!:cheers:

No but a good going over and 1 months drive time, some wax and clean the windows, and it will be up for sale for TAX SEASON!!! Time for GROCERIES!!Pass the A-1.
Soon to be seen west of Aurora on Us 50!!! Yeah Baby, Ride that pony!!! WhoooHoooo!!!:cheers:

We use to have one a 76 Model with a V6. Wife blew up the engine in the drive way.

The place is deserted. I want that Thunderbird. I am going to take the other half with me to check it out. The junk yard is down the road and maybe they will know something.

That thunderbird is nice. Looks like the one my dad and I picked up for a song. I love those late 50's early 60's tbirds.

Sorry FABO.
Most of both chapters is in the video editing department. (ABB's Office) As soon as it gets finished we'll get em posted up. (Translation: "My size 11's are comming up them stairs if I don't get the vids soon, FABO is waiting!! Heck with your college home work:read2:
I got a
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:glasses2:
to get published...JEZZ!!!

What still pics I did take have already been worked and are ready for posting! But need to wait for the vids to edit to a good format!!

Jezz this is starting to be like working my old job!
Always a learning curve with the new technology, trying to improve the entertainment of the FABO community!!
Speaking of that, I am comming up with a tripod for the camera in the car, but I think we still need to go with Hat Cam for hands free operation.
Soon......very soon......:clock:

Be back soon with the goods!8)

Wait till ya see dem Nashes....Nashes and Cheese Doh!!:cheers:

Once again, got to thinking of BOF (Car we went with last year see chapter 1 at beginning of thread), miss the old witch!!
When Me, yall, and BOF went ripping those country roads (bout this time last year) in chapter 1 of
It was really the first real good cruzzing day of the year..........
Now bout 1 year later, we're all here together to do the same thing.....
Sun is shinning, 35 degrees, 8Am, It's time to bunkle up for chapter 26 of FABO's own
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:glasses2: (endless self promotion)

I'm totally stoked. Oddly enough, after being locked in the barn sense before thanksgiving, sporting a shot of fuel stabilizer, Baby of all rides wants to go!!! Alright way to go Baby!!
Cruzin down the ville in my 64
Rockin the beat....Rockin the beat....

sorry

Guess we'll leave FOTO here for now. Can't get into the fields this morning with the car hauler anyway.

Anyway it's crisp chill this AM. I go out to the barn, get in Baby, pump twice (was started 3 weeks ago) turn key, Ah-hu VOOM!!!!
DANG!!! Want to go for a ride or what girl??!!! Bring her out in the sun to warm up. Went in to lock up the pups and we are outta heeeah!
WOOOOHOOOOOOO!:cheers:

Sun is out clear today and will push 55 degrees but nowhere there yet. Light foggy mist in the air as we breeze down US 50 east with the heater kickin. Turn left onto 350. Right onto North Hogan, running along N.Hogan Creek (Crappie central)
AHHHHHHH LOOK OUT FOR THE FREEKIN TURKEYS BABY!!
You FABO peeps are riding with Baby and I via video. When we get out to the nice lady's farm, we'll have to don the booties. I hope ya brought yours with you cuz we be chuggin through the manure too!! YEE HAW!!!
NOW WE'RE CAR HUNTIN' on Fabo's

Yeah...Whatever...LOL!!!:happy10:

I took some stills of the goods once we get there. The heaps over the hill? 5 of em. Just junk but it's groceries on the table and cars in the yard.

Fade to background logic or...illogical actions = great returns grasshopper...
As some of you know here, I like to doll out good karma in the slim hope I might get a 10% return when things are at their worst for me. Luckily that's the way it happens with me. A couple weeks back, there was a call from a local vet back from the big suck (The war) He said the only family car blew up on his wife before he came home on leave. He would only be here another week and needed as much for his car as possible. So for the rest of that morning, I brokered his car deal, calling my buyers, especially the best one who also is a vet like me (both of us airdales) We worked it out to where he got paid in cash, all the proceeds involved with the deal including my take. My buyer had another tow co. pick it up before noon, and give him the cash (as much as possible for his make of car on that given scrap price day)
He called soon after lunch to thank me and let me know they were on there way out to get her another car so his family had transpo when he went back to the big suck the next week. He had no clue as to how it all happened so fast and how there was so much more money given to him than what I first priced....Fagetaboutit!! Vets helping Vets. Thanks for your service, and please come back after the job is done. God bless you sir!!
Payin it foward...as many of the members here at FABO know all about.:cheers:
Well haven't had too many cars to haul lately (2 in Jan and 1 was his) Tuff livin'!! But I've been hoping something good would happen soon. We sold a couple of our cars, then BAM! This lady calls and here comes chapter 26!!

Fade back to present....
You guys have to see these Gravleys! (Machines that replaced the horse on the farm, many atachments, lots of collectors. Sorry bout my spelling) I looked over in a brush pile (This is good time of year to be "pickin" cars, all the leaves and weeds are dead and you can see everything) there were 5 of these Gravleys in there!! Look over and there's another!! I ask about them and she said someone else is going to price. I said well when ya get that price, call me and lets see if we can beat that price. She grinned from ear to ear. Needs the $$ too! Then she says those 2 tractors too! Here's the Lebaron.

Then we shoot over the hill for my daily bread and butter, see the pics yuk!
Then it's back up front to the house for another chebby. Then she says give her a price on the bull dozer too. OKAY!

Oh and here is the Pinto........:love7:
Guess it wasn't in the garage but still love it!! Bright spot in this pick but the sheer volume is greatly needed by me and her!! I know this car. I have a buddy with a V-twin shop and he had bought it for his son who didn't like it. He then gave it back to previous owner who sold it to this nice lady. Eeh, small town LoL! Check the gold bling on dem rims!!!!
Plaid seats...wheres the keys so I can get pics of the inside??
Keys to all 8 cars still being found. We did get all her vin numbers so as soon as she gets her titles she says she's calling me right away due to not trusting the other local junkers! Cool Honesty, respect, customer service, and always trying to help when I can, PAYS OFF!!!!:cheers:

Well that's going to do it for chapter 26 of
Hope the video don't bore you too much, it will follow all the still pics below in thread. If yall hate it don't tell me that. It's a new medium for us and there's a learning curve when it comes to content in moving talkies! LOL!!

On Thurs. 3.3.11 AM we will follow up with chapter 27, which was this evenings visit with the Nashes!! Way cool stuff over my head but that's another story on
Tune in tomorrow for chapter 27, It won't be as boring!!:toothy10:

And now the pics then the vids, Later when Ya hair gets straighter!!8)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 407
  • 3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 5.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 405
  • 6.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 7.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 404
  • 8.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 423
  • 9.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 410
  • 10.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 411
more pics but hey, they aint pretty!!!
I know I could get that blue pony runnin!! I'm thinkin' it would end up being (famous saying round the house) 24 hour GnawBone Flip!
That's where ya bring one home DOA.
Check all fluids, top off batt with distilled water, put on charger. Come back later, put key in, tap karma on the shoulder, turn key, and it's running and I'm heading for a bucket of car wash and 2 towels!! Pass the Wesleys bleach white and the 2 cans of tire foam. Now where did I put those for sale signs and the yellow window chaulk???

Here's the link for the vid!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZkO2aEnP8g&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Car Hunt #1 3-2-11.mp4[/ame]

Tune in tomorrow morning for chapter 27, "The NASHES" of
Bring yer coffee and see ya in the funny papers!!!

Keep the turkeys off yo grill mang!8)

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 414
  • 12.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 30.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 408
  • 31.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 407
I like the videos and pictures. That Pinto looked just like the one we had.

Great job John . . . Baby is awesome. Great pics and video. Aw heck, just get that doser running and drive it on FOTO!! lol it's going to take quite a bit of acetylene to cut that baby up. God luck! Keep the chapters coming. Rog

More videos are coming. It is taking along time to download them. Making them is the easy part. I know a lot of you guys read this thread but let us know if you like the videos or not.
Thanks for all the support. :toothy10::-D

ABB and John you always do interesting things here on FABO and are a asset to this site and spending time here.

I for one would love to have that dozer................

Here we go!!
Now for the next episode of
Chapter 27 titled;

"NASH BRIDGES"
I got ta tell you, the Nash Metropolitan car has always intrigued me. When I ws 15 or so, at least before I had a license, I hung at a friends house whose father was an avid car collector. 2 huge buildings full. All kinds of cars all pre 1964. Alot of the names of the huge black cars with wooden spokes and an outdoor area for the driver to sit in, I've long forgotten but I still see all the cars in my memories. Cars with 3 headlights with the center one moving. 1 cylinder belt drive cars. Steam cars, Obscure manufacturers from around Cincinnati, Chicago, Detroit and others in the mid west. I digress,anyway one of the makes of cars he had were Nash. Had a few but if I remember right only 1 of them was a "metro". What a weird little car.
It wasn't long before I was "given" my own project. It was sort of payment for getting to hang out. I was given a 1929 Ford model A Roadster. (Everybody was expected to put in their share of work if ya wanted to get to drive 1 of the cars to the shows for the family, even if ya wasn't family) They would usually have their own convoy often taking 10 cars or so in a line to a far off distant show. Man it was a great way to cut my teeth on cars. My dad wasn't mechanical but knew what to buy.
First memory; Cruzzin the grille (Pasagrille St. Pete FLA) in a car seat with a stering wheel and a horn, pass side front, Dad driving. The car? Black with red interior convertable Ford Sunliner! (didn't know then but that car was way the F cool!!! You should see some of the old pics) What was playing on the radio? Rodger millers "King of the Road"
Me and my dad cruzin, me in a car seat with a horn and wheel, in the sunliner, top down, both of us singing King of the road! I remember it like it was yesterday, heck I was only 3 or 4 and couldn't really talk that great yet but I could wail that king of the road!

Anyway After that car he went through many Polaras and Darts through the years but never tought me about the cars. That all came from my grandpa and the experiences starting with this 29 ford I had to do that wasn't even mine.....

ANYWAY JOHN!!!!
oh sorry FABO!

Anyway I had a wire wheel and wire brush in my hand I don't know how long stripping the frame and metal on that 29 ferd. As I was mindlessly brushing rust, I would stare at that Metro thinking what a freekin ugly car! But it kinda appeals to me. Well as of this chapter of
I learned some thing tonight about the metros and myself, LOL!
I am slighly ocd so everything clean and balanced in design always appeals to me even if I am not aware of it at the time.

We learn some fun facts of the Nash Metropolitan tonight. Design wise.
The metro was designed and marketed to the women of the family as a second family car and was the first car to be primarily marketed to women.
The front and the back of the car was to, originally in design, match each other and look the same comming or going. They didn't quite ever hit it just right. But what they ended up with was this;
Look at the dead on side shot of the black and white one. The perportional length of the body fender and quarter are the same length measured from the door edge to the end of the panel down the beltline.
That brings us to another fact. Only 1 part # for the doors!!! The left and right were interchangeable with only door handle location being different!!
Look at that pic!!! It's as balanced as a federal style farm house! You know, entry hall in middle, with same rooms off each side!!!
BALANCE is sooooo soothing!! LOL!!!=P~

Story is we had enough $ to buy 2 or the 1 red & white one. It's ready for paint and reassemble. I would skip the paint and just pressure wash what is there and build it and get it running. It would look more original that way!! Well after talking with the nice gentleman, I hope we can work something out. All his property is for sale and he is prepping for a move. Can't take any cars with him when he moves. So if the house sells he has 30 days to move the stuff before he leaves town!! So far I'm the only one he knows with interest, a car hauler, and someplace to put all them thar Nashes!!!:cheers:
He's really pressureing me to buy whole lot at once, all 5 cars, motors and tranny pacs rear ends, radios, seats, everything metro on his property!!!
OMG!!!!!
Sombody pinch me!!!:toothy10:
Will keep yall posted. Some time soon look for my name in H. Motor news selling a "S" load of metro parts LOL!!! Stay Tuned.........
I sure hope we can work something out. I can only buy about a third of it all. Maybe get a first load, flip then get the rest for me when he blows town. I don't know. Right now we are both sleeping on it. Wish I'd met him sooner, he's really a pretty cool car guy and knows alot about them.

Anyway..... I know FABO is waiting for videos but I've been done with the still pic production sense midnight last night. I come home from hauling a car into junk and am still waiting for the rest of vids for the first trip this AM and another from this chapter "Nash Bridges"
Well I for 1 aint waiting for anything any more!!
When it's time to
It's time to

So that being said, I sat down here for lunch to bang out story copy and I'm posting the stills now. I've already thrown the film (vids) to the floor in the cutting room (editing, trashed the crap) I'm not really thinking you'll ever see that footage unless we get the learning curve of the editing straightened out. The vids make the work times 4! Plus there's some language on there you can't here on FABO when I get flustered almost wiping the guard rail pulling in his drive (hidden on down hill curve between 2 guard rails!

So if at a future date, If I can pull my unlearned head outta my A--, and get them properly edited and put together, without the cussing, We will post them then on a post production edition of
Here's the stills, hope FABO enjoys!!

Keep it between the ditches, even if by the seat of yer britches!!:toothy10:

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 376
  • 21.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 385
  • 20.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 367
  • 19.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 396
  • 18.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 365
  • 17.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 16.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 378
  • 15.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 14.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 379
  • 13.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 389
Nash Bridges
more pics of the "sub" A bodies!! (Half a Dart):toothy10:

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 27.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 26.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 362
  • 25.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 390
  • 24.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 23.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 29.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 382
I for one would love to have that dozer................

PM me and shoot me a price or come and check it out! I'll have to move it sooner or later!!:read2:
Looks like you're in KY, maybe close enough??
Us, Just South West of Cincinnati in Aurora, IN.

Great job John . . . Baby is awesome. Great pics and video. Aw heck, just get that doser running and drive it on FOTO!! lol it's going to take quite a bit of acetylene to cut that baby up. God luck! Keep the chapters coming. Rog

Thanks!
Will Do!!8)

See chapter 24...
White 63 Valiant...

Just got off the phone, no title, trying to get original owner to get lost title copy.

Still trying to get it together for us to save and restore/drive it here on FABO. It was running when parked due to fuel tank leak. I think it was just for parts but I'm leanin on em for title and driving rights!!!:cheers:

That's on the Low Low!
Shush!!!!!
Don't tell anyone!!! If current owner reads, he might not let us have it!
So remember, Mums the word, loose lips sink ships......
Especially you guys from around here, kept it on the lowlow Ok?

Don't tell ABB either, I'm hiding this one behind the barn in a Memike (No offence memike I like that potable garge/tent deal it's awesome!!) style protector tent or somthing like lean to shed. After we get it running then we can park it in front of the barn!

So FABO.....Be wary quiet, it's waliant season, hehehheheheheheh...:toothy10:

See chapter 24...
White 63 Valiant...

Just got off the phone, no title, trying to get original owner to get lost title copy.

Still trying to get it together for us to save and restore/drive it here on FABO. It was running when parked due to fuel tank leak. I think it was just for parts but I'm leanin on em for title and driving rights!!!:cheers:

That's on the Low Low!
Shush!!!!!
Don't tell anyone!!! If current owner reads, he might not let us have it!
So remember, Mums the word, loose lips sink ships......
Especially you guys from around here, kept it on the lowlow Ok?

Don't tell ABB either, I'm hiding this one behind the barn in a Memike (No offence memike I like that potable garge/tent deal it's awesome!!) style protector tent or somthing like lean to shed. After we get it running then we can park it in front of the barn!

So FABO.....Be wary quiet, it's waliant season, hehehheheheheheh...:toothy10:

I may be blonde but I can still read. LOL!!! If we didn't have a yard full of cars I'd think something was wrong. So bring it on!!!!:toothy10::toothy10:

I may be blonde but I can still read. LOL!!! If we didn't have a yard full of cars I'd think something was wrong. So bring it on!!!!:toothy10::toothy10:

No comment on the blond thing.......
The yard has no cars in it now and I'm starting to feel a little vulnerable about it too!!

OH WOW!!!
Check this link on Cl;
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/2245368077.html

It's the car I was just on about me and my dad cruzing in FLA!!!
It just popped up on CL just now!!!!!

OMG!! I want that car!!!!:love7:

-
Back