CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Watching the travel channel and watched a guy in Florida restore an airflow. Made me think of you John. Happy holidays hope Loki is taking well to the family.

For some reason we believe Vinny has influenced him from beyond. He acts a lot like him in many ways.

Well, here we go again!
Not much but at least it's a start to loading up the driveway again!
This is just going to be a parts car for my 64 and anyone else who might need some 66 270 interior stuff.
I'll save the doors, back windshield and stuff like that that can be used in the future if needed for my 64.
It's even got a NOS pair of MOPAR leaf springs for a Dart in the trunk among other things.
Funny thing is my 64 has had the seats from this car in her for about 3 years now!
This one will be here a long time. Even got a title and a bunch of original paperwork and repair receipts on it.
Good thing I didn't sell FOTO over the weekend like I had planned or I wouldn't have anything to haul this home with today.
Just decided, I couldn't sell the car hauler after all. It would be like selling one of my tools out of my toolbox. It just shouldn't be done. It's just wrong on so many levels.
There is just nothing like jumping in it and running out to haul a car home anytime you want without calling friends, tow service or the rental place.

Here's to seeing more of you, more often this summer. Right here on
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 474
  • 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 469
Car Hunt Fabozene lives!!!:cheers:

This is the thread that helped get me hooked on FABO when I first joined on here a few years ago. Its so nice to see you posting on here again John!

Hey John! How the heck are ya? It's welcomed news to hear you will be around FABO more often.

I'm fine and still alive, and you?

Finally got a paying job that I'm starting at this Friday.
Once the bills get caught up I should have some disposable income once again and am looking forward to filling up the driveway with Abodies again!:supz:

Car Hunt Fabozene lives!!!:cheers:

This is the thread that helped get me hooked on FABO when I first joined on here a few years ago. Its so nice to see you posting on here again John!

Nice to be here talking with you again Captain Canuck!

Can't wait to start taking yall for rides again around the country side looking for Abodies again.

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:

Will ride again soon!

Glad to hear that life has finally given you some light at the end of the tunnel. In the back seat belt on and ready to ride.

Glad to hear that life has finally given you some light at the end of the tunnel. In the back seat belt on and ready to ride.

Back seat hell!
You're co-pilot!!!!!!!!!!
You were always ready for an adventure looking for abodies and others too.

Yeah when it rains it pours.
I had gotten a pretty cool job at a local RV center for about 6 weeks before I had to turn in notice due to getting another job for more money closer to home. Hope I didn't F up since I like the RV center job so much and the people were really cool to me there.
They said to go check out the other job for 3 weeks and if I didn't like it I could come back!
They also would like me to work on days I'm off at my other job. They want me to do demonstrations with customers on their newly purchased units when they come in for pick up.
They said they had gotten a lot of customer comments on how well liked I was and such a great personality.
I had one customer that told me I kiss good butt! LMAO!!
He is a retired marine and was using a walker for knee surgery. I would always open all the doors for him while he was there. He came in for a look see on a back up camera screen he was getting. He was looking at the screen and the camera was aimed towards us. He said "Boy that sure is a clear picture and color."
I said "yeah and look at that handsome young man in the picture too."
He said, "You kiss good butt John".
I said, "I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to me"
He says, 'Good come back John and fast too!"
We both had a good laugh.
They were doing surveys 3 days after the customer picked up and they told me they hadn't ever had so many compliments on the service personnel before but had gotten more on me in 6 weeks that most in service gets in a year!
It was always a good feeling when I was helping the customer out, and it paid off in the long run.
To heck with the golden rule. I was using the platinum rule;
Do onto others, better than you would have them do unto you.
I always treated them better than myself and always considered them friends when they were leaving. Especially liked talking and sharing war stories with all the retired veterans that would come in. We were always instant friends as soon as they knew I was a vet too. I was the only vet in the service department. Ooo-Rah!:glasses7:

Nice talking with you again chryslerfat, you were always nice to me and always treated me like a good friend. That's why you got shotgun!! If ABB goes with us, she has to sit in the middle though! LOL

Great to see you back John :cheers: I bet you are ready for spring after this long cold winter as well, man it's good to see your post pop up :cheers:

Back seat hell!
You're co-pilot!!!!!!!!!!
You were always ready for an adventure looking for abodies and others too.

Yeah when it rains it pours.
I had gotten a pretty cool job at a local RV center for about 6 weeks before I had to turn in notice due to getting another job for more money closer to home. Hope I didn't F up since I like the RV center job so much and the people were really cool to me there.
They said to go check out the other job for 3 weeks and if I didn't like it I could come back!
They also would like me to work on days I'm off at my other job. They want me to do demonstrations with customers on their newly purchased units when they come in for pick up.
They said they had gotten a lot of customer comments on how well liked I was and such a great personality.
I had one customer that told me I kiss good butt! LMAO!!
He is a retired marine and was using a walker for knee surgery. I would always open all the doors for him while he was there. He came in for a look see on a back up camera screen he was getting. He was looking at the screen and the camera was aimed towards us. He said "Boy that sure is a clear picture and color."
I said "yeah and look at that handsome young man in the picture too."
He said, "You kiss good butt John".
I said, "I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to me"
He says, 'Good come back John and fast too!"
We both had a good laugh.
They were doing surveys 3 days after the customer picked up and they told me they hadn't ever had so many compliments on the service personnel before but had gotten more on me in 6 weeks that most in service gets in a year!
It was always a good feeling when I was helping the customer out, and it paid off in the long run.
To heck with the golden rule. I was using the platinum rule;
Do onto others, better than you would have them do unto you.
I always treated them better than myself and always considered them friends when they were leaving. Especially liked talking and sharing war stories with all the retired veterans that would come in. We were always instant friends as soon as they knew I was a vet too. I was the only vet in the service department. Ooo-Rah!:glasses7:

Nice talking with you again chryslerfat, you were always nice to me and always treated me like a good friend. That's why you got shotgun!! If ABB goes with us, she has to sit in the middle though! LOL

As we have said from day one karma must eventually shine on you after helping everyone you have through life. Cant wait for the ride again.

Great to see you back John :cheers: I bet you are ready for spring after this long cold winter as well, man it's good to see your post pop up :cheers:
I think we are all more than ready for spring.
We have had a couple +55 degree days in the past couple of weeks.
The tulips and daffodils are just about 2-3" above the ground now.
Hope everything finds you well today.
Glad to hear from you memike!

It was 9.11.2011 when we lost Vinny our Rottie. He was on this thread and all of our restore threads with his buddy and life long pal Lex Luthor.
When Vinny was younger he let a stray beagle come into our yard that was completely fenced in. How the stray beagle got past the fence and Vinny is any ones guess. Vinny didn't like any one coming into the yard uninvited. We came home one day and he had a pathetic very sick beagle with him in the yard. We took him in because Vinny wanted us to and he wouldn't have lived much longer if we hadn't.
we took him straight to the vet's office for medical care and wondered if he would pull through.
After many hundreds spent he was Vinny's best friend and constant companion. we named him Lex Luthor the evil beagle. He was always stealing Vinny's food, toys, bed and everything else Vinny owned. Vinny would just give it all to him freely.
After Vinny past away on 911, 2011 Lex was on his own. As many of you know he was now my constant companion and Dad's buddy. We had to keep each other happy and alive after Vinny past on.
Lex then helped Dad with Lump's restoration and many vintage camper projects the last few years. Lex was always good for laughs and companionship anytime, any where. He loved to travel and go for rides. Lex and I for the past year have been dealing with his eye problems and some of my heath problems too. He has always been Dad's buddy no matter what after Vinny left us.
Then after 2.5 years, in late Aug. 2013 we got Loki our new beagle to keep Lex company. He didn't warm up to Loki right away but Loki loved him from the very first moment he saw Lex. Lex was his best friend and constant companion. Lex finally warmed to him and since winter finally left us Lex would always look out for Loki and Loki always searched out Lex to see what he was doing too. Loki wouldn't even go to sleep at night unless Lex was in the same room with him.
Now Loki will have to learn how to sleep without T-Lex (nickname) anymore. Sadly he passed on this morning. Oddly he passed on the same day of the month as Vinny. 5.11.2014
Lex Luthor. we love you and will miss you very much. we know you weren't ever really happy after Vinny's passing and know you two are finally together again. Finally truly happy now.
Loki is now another story though Lex. We were glad to have brought you back from the Vets office so you could say goodby to Loki. I know you enjoyed the ride home. You were so glad to come home this morning. I kind of knew you weren't going to be here much longer when you couldn't make it all the way to the house. It was really great you got to say goodby to Loki, me and Mom before you passed away. It was really strange though when you waited till our son Clay, the one you loved the most, showed up for mother's day and he came in to say hi and pet you. You both grew up together and we relize you both were best friends. It was sad however when he started petting you and you looked up, smiled at him, and stretched out all of a sudden and you were gone.
I'm so glad you got to see him at the very last second of your life before moving on to be back with Vinny.
Me and your mom miss you very much. Loki is now running around the house crying looking for you everywhere.
Thank you for being with us all Lex.
We will always love you...................T-Lex. (Got that name from his favorite Halloween costume)
See you and Vinny on the other side my buddy. Dad.

Anyone reading this...Please...hug someone you love today. Human or otherwise. Life is short. Be kind to one another.

Attachments

• lex good by 4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 364
  • lex goodby.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 375
  • lex good by 2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 353
  • lex good by 3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 031920131810[1].jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 366
Prayers sent to you, Anna, Clay and Loki. Thank you for sharing Lex's life story, there is a lot we can learn from it. You sure are a skillful writer by the way.

So sorry to say goodbye to Dad & Mom's little buddy and our friend too. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rog

-
Back