CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
I'm sorry to read about Lex. I always enjoyed seeing the pictures and stories about him. You and ABB gave him a great life, and for that he was forever greatful.
RIP Lex.

I want to thank you all for the kind words and prayers.
It's been very difficult especially this morning with everyone schedules and habits changed making adjustments for a loved one being gone forever.
His head being petted was the very first thing I did in the mornings.
When at the vets office they told us they didn't know if he would last 2 days or two months. We just didn't realize it would be two hours.
I was really mad at myself for not taking care of the final situation while at the vets office. But after realizing he got to go for a ride home, lay in his own bed, and say goodbye to Loki his brother, Clay our son and his mom and Dad, I guess it was the right thing to do. He was very happy he was at home in his own bed when he passed. It was just very difficult to make that second 60 mile round trip to the vet right after I left there an hour or two ago.
I'm just not taking this very well and ABodyBetty is taking it worse since she just lost her Mother a couple weeks ago and then we loose Lex on Mother's day.
Sometimes life just piles on one hardship after another. God bless us all. Life is short so live it like there is no tomorrow because there really truly isn't a tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind words. This has been very difficult. My mom just passed away two weeks ago and it's like I'm re-living her all over again. I can't help but think mom is taking care Lex right now.

Thanks for all the kind words. This has been very difficult. My mom just passed away two weeks ago and it's like I'm re-living her all over again. I can't help but think mom is taking care Lex right now.
Or maybe Lex went to join her to take care of her. My prayers and thoughts are with you ABB. Rog

Maybe a glimpse into the bright side may help.

Lex traveled to Myrtle beach about a half a dozen times or more and loved it.
Him and Vinny would get up just before dawn. I would make coffee and take the dogs for a walk on the beach. Vinny would be biting, attacking and barking at waves playing in the surf and Lex would be running around in huge circles like a mad man chasing some un seen imagined rabbit and each time he would pass me and Vinny he would bark at us and run away again just to circle around and do it again. (He didn't want to get into the water, he was prissy) He loved the beach though. One time on our second trip, we endured one of many tropical depressions that blew through. The wind was so bad that the class C motor home we were in felt like it was going to tip over. We all (Mom, Dad, Son, Vinny and Lex) egressed rapidly to the c-block bath house. On the way we noticed the whole beach campground was flooded with about 6" of water. Once in the bath house, we had to barricade the doors shut to keep the wind and rain out. Lex, Anna and Clay were in a shower stall together while Vinny and I were held up against the windward door holding it completely shut. Once the storm let up after a while we made it back to the camper. Next morning when we woke up we saw the campground roads had washed out onto the beach and the roads front and back of our camper were so washed out we couldn't have left even if we wanted to!

One time we broke down in a class A motor home we had gotten a few years later. We were on our way to Myrtle Beach in the middle of the night and our water pump shaft blew out of the front of the water pump into the fan. Were were right on the bad curb of dead mans curve/hill right before going into NC from TN. It runs along Pigeon River and there is a cement wall there. I had to pull over against it and I could barley get out of the motor home by climbing on top of the cement wall and walking the top of it to the rear to gain access to our Jeep we were pulling. The dogs couldn't even get out to go to the bathroom. They and the wife were trapped inside. I later found out it was like a 100 foot drop off from the top of that cement wall. I unhooked the Jeep and backed it down the side of the highway and used it's four ways to warn sleeping while driving truckers so they wouldn't hit us. (the cement wall there on that curb is colored black from truckers tires hitting it while they were driving while nodding off in the middle of the night) Anyway we got word out on the CB and finally around 3 in the morning we had a NC courtesy truck tow us to a side access road next to the tunnel at NC Mile marker 1. We all camped there and spent the night until we got towed back to Kingston TN the next morning. Didn't get much sleep there though. Everyone that goes through that tunnel kept honking their horns and around 6AM there was an army convoy that came through with horns honking on all the trucks for like 20 mins. We never made it to the beach that year but settled in Pigeon Forge TN for that years vacation after getting the camper fixed.

He also traveled to Gatlinburg TN, Cherokee NC, Shepherdsville KY, Renfro Valley KY, Ashville NC, Indiana Dunes state park surfing with the family and many other places camping with our family. He loved to camp and hang with the family and Vinny. He has also camped at Clifty Falls in Madison IN and liked to hike with the family on the hiking trails. Also did some trails in the Smokey Mountains and has been on a section of the Apliachan trail too.

He traveled very well in the car with the family all over on just local jaunts too. He loved to ride in the car. When buying scrap and used cars, whenever I brought a new one home he would want to get inside and go for a ride. He liked mini vans and station wagons the best. Matter of fact that is why our main daily driver is a 79 Dodge Aspen wagon. He liked us to fold down the back seat and he could roam around the back "surfing" the wagon and looking out all the windows!
Lex was well traveled, well loved and very well fed LOL.

He also loved running up and scaring to death anyone walking too close to our fence line. He would barrel down from the house full attack mode bellowing the whole way with his Mohawk up. His fur would raise up 3 inches wide from ears to tail while he was sounding like he was going to kill someone. Scare the bejeebers out of people. Some times if he was already close by when they were walking their dogs along our fence he would stalk them from behind the bushes and then scare the crap out of them at the last seconds of approach! LOL

He liked the color pink, loved to have mom dress him up in anything and also loved to have his toenails polished with very bright colors and was sporting a very bright green polish when he passed away. He also loved wearing Halloween costumes mom would make for him and always wanted his winter jacket on when going outside in the winter.

So sad...Loki is still running around crying and looking for him all the time. Gave him a new toy this morning and he was so excited to show it to Lex he ran around wimpering looking for him. He used to take his toys and rub lex's back with them trying to get him to play with him.

We all miss him so.......

That's the good way to remember him . . the good times and the silly things that he may have done. Sure he will be missed, I looked forward every morning to Vinnie and Lex and that crazy guy and cute gal to entertain me with my morning coffee. Lex was a star. . . . Rog

It's so SAD, when we lose a close companion. Remembering the fun times is the only way through it. My heart goes out to you.

Thank you.
You guys have always been good friends to us all here.
I thank you again for the kind words.

Here's one from the dude!
Lex always liked this one....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMLxRw9VHQQ"]The midnight special - Creedence Clearwater Revival ( HQ - 5.1 Studio ) - YouTube[/ame]

Okay......
Let's change gears.
Just when everything is darkest, karma may shine the ever lovin' light on me.......
Are yall ready for the next chapter of
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool: ?
I'm more than ready!
This next chapter is going to be a mind blowing blast from the past if all goes well.
Hints;
It's a Dart.
It's a 4 door...duh! LOL
It's only about 2.5 hours away from me 1 way.
You have seen it before on this web site.

Okay I'm not giving any more hints!
If all goes well we will make the trip on Sunday 5/25/14.
Will yall be ready to go?
Or yall just going to sit there and say..
Whatever John. Who gives a Darts ace anyway!

Let me know if you want to go on the next Chapter of
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:
I'll try to put all the ducks in a row and if all goes well we'll go!

Comments? suggestions? Finger gestures?

(Oh 64dart170, you're such a tease!)\\:D/

Are we ready??? Does a bear $hit in the woods??? Heck ya I'm always ready for another adventure!
Now let me get this straight.... A 4 door Dart... ok
A real blast from the past..... ok
You recently said that a certain 4 door Dart with a bad attitude had recently come up for sale again.....
Could it be.....
Could it be.....
BOF???

Are we ready??? Does a bear $hit in the woods??? Heck ya I'm always ready for another adventure!
Now let me get this straight.... A 4 door Dart... ok
A real blast from the past..... ok
You recently said that a certain 4 door Dart with a bad attitude had recently come up for sale again.....
Could it be.....
Could it be.....
BOF???

No.
Great guess though Captain Canuck!
BOF is for sale right now and has been for a while.
But they want like 6 grand for BOF!
If you know me...
You know dang good and well I would NEVER pay that for any Dart except a 65 wagin! (Dream Car) LOL
Besides, that car was possessed! Quite the evil ***** and ABodyBetty would NEVER let me buy that car again!! HA HA LMAO!!
Pretty dang good guess though!:cheers:

Sorry about your loss John, I lost Boogy not long ago about 2 months now..
and it was 10 times harder on me then I expected, I am sure you remember her...
So glad to see you posting again and always enjoy your threads and help you have sent me in the years here :thumbup:

:coffee2: Ahh . . . Fogerty and CCR never seen that video. Hmmm . . . not BOF . . . not Daisy . . . . probably not Clara . . . gots to be Fern or Lump . . . guessing LUMP!! :cheers: lol Let's go!! Rog

Hi 64-170

I'm new to this thread, still have a lot of reading to get all the way through it...

What can you tell me about the tow hitch that was on BOF? You posted pics of it back on page 3. What brand, part number? Was it home made, or...

Thnx in advance, Mike in FL

by far the most entertaining thread on the site.......i just now had to read it all over again from the begining.:burnout::burnout:

Hi 64-170

I'm new to this thread, still have a lot of reading to get all the way through it...

What can you tell me about the tow hitch that was on BOF? You posted pics of it back on page 3. What brand, part number? Was it home made, or...

Thnx in advance, Mike in FL

All I can tell you are these tidbits;
I took measurements from the 67 BOF for the trailer hitch. I went to the junk yard and found out the back frame rails had a distance between them that matched the Jeep Cherokees. So I pulled it out of the junkyard and it worked!
I kept the hitch off of BOF and as soon as we go and get the mystery Dart back this coming Sunday, I will get the hitch out and install it on this Dart soon to come back home!
I'll get measurements on the hitch for you then. They run around $40.00 from your local junk yard!

I can't wait to get the Dart back home and put this hitch on so ABodyBetty and I can tow our 63 Shasta Compact camper on back of it!
It will be quite the pair at the car shows!

Tune in this Holiday weekend on Sunday night for the next mystery chapter of

by far the most entertaining thread on the site.......i just now had to read it all over again from the begining.:burnout::burnout:

Thankx!
Believe it or not, I re-read it sometimes too just to bring back memories... good and bad!:D

The ONLY paperless mag For Abodies Only .com!

-
Back