centerlink

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Any alternative to the V8 centerlink? Have 2 '64 projects and this missing the part and is holding me up. Just a quick eyeball, but is a modified oil pan the solution?

I suppose you could put some quarter inch or 3/8 inch spacers on the motor mounts, and then ding your oil pan in a little bit. why don't you just get the V8 center link? People on here have them.

I would think that it would depend on if the modifications to the oil pan will affect the oil level or how it drains from the high side to the low side of the pan...

I think finding a v-8 center link is the best solution...

Any alternative to the V8 centerlink? Have 2 '64 projects and this missing the part and is holding me up. Just a quick eyeball, but is a modified oil pan the solution?

It might be possible. I'd mark the area of the oil pan that is over the centerlink and using a pipe or similar carefully make a depression in the oil pan so the V8 centerlink would clear. FWIW the V8 centerlink are now available - as I recall the company is pretty proud of them

It might be possible. I'd mark the area of the oil pan that is over the centerlink and using a pipe or similar carefully make a depression in the oil pan so the V8 centerlink would clear. FWIW the V8 centerlink are now available - as I recall the company is pretty proud of them
Firm Feel has them for 250.00 dollars they are proud of them i bought one for mine for 50 dollars it was like new.

Space the motor up a hair to get ya by for now

When I was a kid and did the 360 in my 64 I didn't know about the v8 center link. The slant six one barely rubbed it. I ran it that way a long time till I saw a v8 one and grabbed it.

Space the motor up a hair to get ya by for now

When I was a kid and did the 360 in my 64 I didn't know about the v8 center link. The slant six one barely rubbed it. I ran it that way a long time till I saw a v8 one and grabbed it.
They say you can put a 1\4 in spacer under the mounts and use the \6 centerlink.

Hi i am doing the exact same v8 conversion on my 65 valiant.. i am planning to buy the special supports to use my slant 6 crossmeber i cant remenber the ckmpany that sells them.. am also missing the center link and are expensive to get....if anyone has one at affordable cost i appreciate.. i will try the spacers rexommendation and go from there.. i also have a question on the tranny supportfor an auto swap... what shpuld i use asright now my car is manual 3 on the column.
Tks a

On 63 to 66 Valiants, the crossmember is the same whether it's a V8 or a slant 6. All you need to drop a V8 in is the V8 motor mounts. If you don't have the V8 center link, then you'll need to put at least quarter inch spacers underneath the motor mounts.
Also, I believe the early a body Slant six automatic and 3 speed transmission mount is the same that mounts to the crossmember. If you're using a much later transmission I think the crossmember mount is much different.

Ok thanks for the input... i will go with the spacers for centerlink clearence...

360 engine and tranny came from a 74 dart so i will need to verify once in there..

thanjs

You will have to modify the passenger side V8 motor mount to put a 318 or 360 in where a 273 existed. It's just a matter of welding an ear on it and drilling a hole in it. I've done it several times.

I think with any 67+ small-block, you will need to dent the oil pan on the side for the centerlink to clear at the extreme of travel. The 64-66 273 oil pan has a depression there. That pan will fit a 318 or 340, but not a 360.

Thanks guys for sharing the rxperience...this is my first swap and am learning in tbe peocess...
One other question.. how do i know i have a 318 or a 360 engine?
I was told it is a 360 but would like to be able to verify...
And this engine has the electronic ignition module, should i re use or convert to straight forward points and buy the petronix bolt in distribitor elecrronic moduke

Thanks guys for sharing the rxperience...this is my first swap and am learning in tbe peocess...
One other question.. how do i know i have a 318 or a 360 engine?
I was told it is a 360 but would like to be able to verify...
And this engine has the electronic ignition module, should i re use or convert to straight forward points and buy the petronix bolt in distribitor elecrronic moduke

The block will have a casting number on the drivers side with the displacement as part of the sequence! If you already have electronic ignition on the motor, just convert the car's ignition system to electronic as well! It's a pretty easy swap!!

-
Back