Changed the exhaust on my car for a complte TTI

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
headers to tailpipes system , big waste of money , car now runs around 14.1 - 14.3 instead of the 13.6 -13.8 consistently , and it was 70 degrees , not the 88 degrees my car turned the 13.6 - 13.8 . Car ran better with the Hedman tight tube and mandrel bent custom pipes . If it were not such a pain in the rectum I'd put the Hedmans on again .
So far not impressed , car is louder with the TTI as well , use the same dynomax super turbo muffler but shorter , old system I had 16" mufflers the TTI use 14" mufflers I think , makes a difference , especially when wide open throttle .

Sorry to hear they did not work out for you and they cut your performance down. If you get sick of them, check out these DR Gas Boomtube Xpipe system. I have been to their shop and watched them being built. Extensively tested, According to them, NO hp loss on the dyno compared to open header. I love mine.

http://www.drgas.com/boomtubes

Well, they`ll look pretty for about 4 years, then the ceramic will start flaking off:protest:
Hope not , my Hedmans are ceramic coated and still look good after 4 years , and they have been on and off 4 or more times , a few scratches but other tan that no flaking .
Guess I'll sell the hedmans with the SS exhaust , , not going to take off those pain in the rectum TTI . Hedmans 45 minutes to install , TTI 2/2 to 3 hours . Plus the hedmans worked with ANY starter .

Sorry to hear they did not work out for you and they cut your performance down. If you get sick of them, check out these DR Gas Boomtube Xpipe system. I have been to their shop and watched them being built. Extensively tested, According to them, NO hp loss on the dyno compared to open header. I love mine.

http://www.drgas.com/boomtubes

I am sick of them , but for the price paid I'll have to live with them for a while , that's if I don't send the car to the crusher.
That's the next move , crusher , make the car into a small cube and mount it on a pole in front of the house , expensive lawn art .

what did you put them on??? How much for your old headers??? You may want to play with your jets.... rich'n them up! When you create flow, you can create a lean running engine, which won't get you maximum performance

New headers, new tune.

My car goes 93in the 1/8th with those
Do you think I could go 100 with your old exhaust?
Guess Id have to give up some jet size tho, and maybe some timing?

Can I be first in line for the slightly used TTIs? I realize my car will slow down, so my cheap azz wants a deal.

lol

Good points; would be wise to slap a wideband on this puppy and see if you get the best of what you have.

Innovate LC-1 or AEM UEGO should do the trick for cheap.

Mine was a godsend!

so you expected a 14 inch muffler to be quieter than an identical 18 inch muffler. Work on your tune, or fine someone who knows how, since you made a major change to your exhaust.
I don't understand why people come bash on line, when it doesn't appear you tuned for the new exhaust.

It may require an entirely different tune at WOT or everywhere.
Was MPH the same?

What size was the exhaust system prior? What size now 2.5 or 3"?

What size primary headers and collectors before? What size now?

Did you re-tune? Do you have an 02 readout from a wideband or from a chassis dyno?

To confirm, you are running the identical mufflers right?

What size was the exhaust system prior? What size now 2.5 or 3"?

What size primary headers and collectors before? What size now?

Did you re-tune? Do you have an 02 readout from a wideband or from a chassis dyno?

To confirm, you are running the identical mufflers right?
Before was hedman tight tubes 1 5/8 into mandrel bent 2.5 pipes no x no h , now TTI 1 5/8 - 1 3/4 stepped headers 2.5 pipes , H pipe , Dynomax super turbos are now 14" were 16" before , I figured the addition of H pipe would keep the sound levels equal , but it's a bit louder .
I was retuned after the change .
Here are a few pics of old system , a few pics are missing but you get the idea , all pipes SS .http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1437563&postcount=121

what did you put them on??? How much for your old headers??? You may want to play with your jets.... rich'n them up! When you create flow, you can create a lean running engine, which won't get you maximum performance
It is not running lean . Old headers , 400 with the SS pipes including mufflers , no tail pipes though . Pic of some of the pipes , in 4 years of summer driving never hit bottom .
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1437563&postcount=121

dartsummer2011021-1.jpg

Is that Sling blade Carl, mmmmhmmm?

Did you re-time it?does it have full throttle? Did you have to jack up the engine to get them in there?

Hmm that's weird ? My brother had those shorty ones and when he went to long tubes it picked up big time.

Bigger tubes? Bigger tubes lead to less torque. I love my TTi headers. They talked me into their step headers when I was leaning toward the 2 1/8". they told me I wouldn't like the torque and at 500 hp I didn't need them that big. That was four years ago. I love my TTi and the ceramic coating is holding up just fine.

4 MPH lower

Did you change anything at the track?

Jet up, more/less timing?

I've seen plenty of stuff roll on a chassis dyno and be a dog at the track. If it was tuned on a chassis dyno, it may need some changes to get it to where it runs best in the real world.

4 mph is 25-30 hp is my guess, no way are the tight tubes going to thump the tti's like that. Something is off somewhere.

-
Back