Votes: 41 14.4%
  • Misunderstood Genius

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Who gives a crap

Votes: 156 54.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
In the 80's,life was crazy growing up in the Hollywood scene.
Been there,seen that,done that. Charlies story isnt new,so I can relate.
I was out there big time !
I am now a recovering alcoholic/addict with 20 + years under my belt.
Yes the guy is being a complete idot. And I dont say that lightly. And it is easy for
us to say F**k that guy. But you know what ? He is a human,and one of gods children.
And because of that,we should not give up on him.
I hope,like I did,he can pull it together for himself,his children and family.
Become a "Productive" part of society,and help others learn from his mistakes.

If I had the coin he's got.....i'd be playing with my Mopars......and buy lot of machinery for doing it......LOL

In the 80's,life was crazy growing up in the Hollywood scene.
Been there,seen that,done that. Charlies story isnt new,so I can relate.
I was out there big time !
I am now a recovering alcoholic/addict with 20 + years under my belt.
Yes the guy is being a complete idot. And I dont say that lightly. And it is easy for
us to say F**k that guy. But you know what ? He is a human,and one of gods children.
And because of that,we should not give up on him.
I hope,like I did,he can pull it together for himself,his children and family.
Become a "Productive" part of society,and help others learn from his mistakes.

I couldn't agree with you more, Glad to see that you got your priorities straight. Cudos to you.

You just know someone out there is printing up bootleg

"Party like Charlie" shirts

Complete with images of hookers, **** stars, blow, and assorted adult beverages all within a trashed hotel room!

Someone needs to follow him around and every time he does something stupid just give him a thump to the head.

How does this guy do it, really. He gets a suitcase full of blow and yet no jail?

The cops showing up and picking up the kids was in a way sparked off by Mom taking out a restraining order.

When she did a spotlight was trained on her, and she has her own problems.

She has a problem with a drug named "Norco", a powerful narcotic, usually prescribed to people with
cancer of the spine, bone cancer,etc.

So basically the court decided that for now neither Mom or Dad is able to provide a safe & stable environment for the kidos.

Most of us learn from life experiences.
I heard an interesting excerpt this morning on the radio while driving to work. It was from one of the 'entertainment' shows last night on tv.
Turns out Martin Sheen, Charlie's dad, took the entire family to the Phillipines back in 1978 when they were filming "Apocalypse Now". Back then, Martin was a 3-pack-a-day smoker who drank so much every night he couldn't even stand up. He ended up having a heart attack and almost died.
During the tv interview, Charlie said he remembers the shock of seeing his dad walking with a cane. They'd taken a couple of baseball gloves and a ball on the trip and they started playing catch every day. Starting at 10-feet and stretching the distance a couple of feet more every day. He said it was the only therapy he could offer his dad as a young kid. He said those are "wonderful memories".
I would think he would have learned the perils of addictions from the ones his dad had and the effect they had on his own life. Guess not.

But how many of us TRUTHFULLY learn from our parnets mistakes 100% and never repeat them?

My dad had a stroke at age 42...I was 12 at the time and remember it......it was aweful. And now that I am around that age you would think I would be the epitome of good health. Well, I work out everyday (cardiac) and TRY to watch what I eat.....and I dont smoke (he did)......

But I still like to eat and find myself battling the bulge.

For that matter, we all KNOW that smoking can kill you. Chewing can rot your gums/cheeks out. Unprotected sex can lead to STDs....there is scientific fact available now for all of these, and its well broadcasted. Yet tobacco sales are still high and STDs are still rampant.

Human beings tendto learn better by their own experience, not just seeing those of others....unfortunately. "It wont happen to me".

I think Charlie went over the edge when he realized that during the run of his show Jake grew up and he still hasn't grown up. There is hope through prayer though. If he can switch his vices to God and coffee, He could have a new series. Two And A Half Minds. LOL

Some of you guys need a morality check. First the activities here are

HIGHLY ILLEGAL by any definiton

Second, we have kids involved (or did) in this madness

and last, it should NOT be someone's right to self destruct. Best example I can think of is Howard Hughes. At some point the "people around you" have to take some responsibility.

So far as the comment about the "rest of the cast", it ISN'T just the rest of the cast, it's the crew, the makeup, the cameramen, HUNDREDS of people are idled by this moron so he can have a party.

"Highly illegal"?

Yes, I would say the drug use is.

Banginhg hookers? I never understood why its illegal. If a grown adult wants to spend his/her hard earned money for sex, let them...regulate it and tax it.

Kids? Yeah....but how many "normal" folks...maybe some here.....have their own dramas at home right now that involve kids?

Charile's "self destructing" has been going on for decades.

The show wasnt shut down because of Charlie's shenanigans.....in fact, the show clearly profitted by them. The show creator Chuck Lorre WROTE the show basing it on CHarlie's real life escapades.

The show was shut down because Charlie made some comments about Lorre....who has made loads of cheese from Charlie's antics.

Doesnt it seem sort of dickish to on one hand rake in boatloads of cash for years on a show you base on someone's antics in real life, and then turn around and close the show down, blaimg it on those same antics?

Puh-lease

I guess now that Lorre has had the payoff, he is OK with cutting loose Sheen.

This isn't about Charlie's antics...its about two egos....Charlie's and Chuck's. THAT is why the show is shut down, putting hundreds of people out of work.

Chuck COULD just laugh it off, or try and solve the obvious issues he and Charlie have and everyone could be once again pulling in the cash......but neither ego wants to let up.

Only Charlie is making his side 100% public, to the shock of many.

Lorre is staying silent and playing the "its all Charlie's fault" car....and it's easy for him to look like the good guy because Charlie obviously DOES have some substance abuse issues. Good scapegoat.

And dont forget how the media is playing into all this....blowing things out of proportion.....Charlie's "anti-semetic" comment? Hogwash. He called him by his Jewish name and apparantly took some liverties in changing his first name to the jewish version.

So what.

Damn country is too politcally correct anyways. "Diversity" is being crammed down our throats and anyone who doesnt tow the line is labeled a bigot or an anti-semite or gay basher or whatever.

AS a white man I cant use "the N word", but a black man can call me a honkey or cracker.

We have BET, but where is WET?

We as viewers ande as a country are sprialing out of control and Charlie is just one of us....difference is, he is very public and very vocal about it.

Charlie may be going beyond "good taste" or "courtesy".

But ask yourself.....would most of the TV shows on these days be as popular as they are if the stars WERENT a bit beyond good taste and courtesy?

The Andy Griffith show and Leave it to beaver are long gone.

Its characters are gone.

And so is the innocence of the viewers that used to watch them.

"Don't hate the game....hate the playa."

agreed with the above, I heard that about the supposed anti-semetic comment and got a laugh. All he did is state a name he read off the end credits (or whatever) of the show and say that to get a little raise in people, and automatically it's a slur?

And face it... what man if given the chance wouldn't want to sleep with any ****-star he wanted? (or partying for days on end) I bet there would be a lot of stories like that out there if all our lives were public.

I think he's doing more good than harm. Did you see where's twistin CBS's nuts to pay his cast and crew for ALL EIGHT episodes that were cancelled when he was fired? They have agreed to pay for four already. He also said "I'm not worried about me, I have plenty of money. I want my cast and crew paid." Doesn't sound like a crazy person to me. He may have addiction problems for sure, but it sounds like he's trying to do the right things for the right reasons. If he really is, he'll win in the end.

-
Back