Cheap Bastard Awards

-
well i dont know if its cuz we aint got the cash or cheap lol ... lets see Im drinking tea out of a pickle jar right now ... Im not like yall i have to have good boots .. but ive taped them b4 lol .. Lets see hmm I seen some one say they got cheap oil cuz it leaked too much or some thing lol .. Well my old rat dakota went though it so fast i some times put used oil in it haha i beat ya there lol . hmm i have a full set of eating bowls that say butter on the side . hmm my tv was made in 85 . i will think of more later lmao

Needed a few feet of metal rod,drove by and grabed some political yard signs the day after the election.
I made sure I didn't take them out of peoples yards just public places.

Have used that rod on many other things and it seems to weld nice too

-I've bought 2-ply toilet paper from the dollar store, split it into 1-ply.
-Layed out my clothes for the next day between the box spring and mattress, when you wake up, they're pressed.

That's about it, because I met a guy who is so F-ing cheap, it's disgusting. When we go out to the local burger joint, he calls his wife and asks her if she wants anything. He'll go up and order her something to go, with NO drink. He gets the free refill on his drink and puts a new lid on it. He went out to get a crib for his first born, and brought one back from the dump, it wasn't even in decent shape, it was a literal disaster. Then he got butt hurt when his wife sent him back to a real store. After knowing this guy for a while, my wife, and other friends refer to acts of blatant cheap bastard-ness, as "Stone'n it".

Oh, I just remembered another one.

Billy LOVES salsa dip. The local grocery store has a brand that comes in a glass jar ... that precisely fits the light fixture inside my blast cabinet. I wash and stash every one he finishes. :-D

Needed a few feet of metal rod,drove by and grabed some political yard signs the day after the election.
I made sure I didn't take them out of peoples yards just public places.

Have used that rod on many other things and it seems to weld nice too

Oooooooooh, good one!!! Have to remember that.

I know a guy that is so cheap that he walks out of every restaurant he eats at or come up with some BS Excuse why he should not have to pay. Food was chitty etc. I don't hang out with the guy anymore, he is one of the cheapest Sum-bitches I have ever met. Embarrassing to say the least.

I know a guy that is so cheap that he walks out of every restaurant he eats at or come up with some BS Excuse why he should not have to pay. Food was chitty etc. I don't hang out with the guy anymore, he is one of the cheapest Sum-bitches I have ever met. Embarrassing to say the least.

Yeah, me too, unfortunately. lol Especially when it's your senior prom and you're all out together with your hot dates and he pulls that crap in a packed restaurant. I felt horribly sorry and embarrassed for his girlfriend/date. Also, his mom and dad would make him and his brother pay 50 cents for a can of soda, in their own house!! I could see it rubbed off on him. I quit hanging out with him over 10 years ago.

Also, my wife laughs at me and shakes her head because every time someone moves out of the apartment complex I'm walkin by the dumpster...found some good things in there. Dozens of towels/hand towels good for rags, a nice beer cooler with the tap built on the inside, brand new speakers for an iPod still in the box, top secret military Dept of Defense terrorist training DVD's (not kidding), and just last week I scored about 2 dozen towels stuffed into a new clothes basket and a like new Bissel spot cleaner that works great!!
We are a military town and when soldiers get transferred out, they throw practically everything away. I've found new desks and stuff and just took them to the ARC store or Salvation Army. Good times :)

life is too short to be cheap. I buy what I like and dont haggle. Takes to much time. I walk into a store when I look for jeans, find a pair that is my size and my style, buy them then leave by the shortest route possible.

Don't know if it's being cheap but I find it fun to find good deals. I have bought $4051.01 in parts retail since November 1st but only spent $2541.27. I call that keeping your project cheap but getting good quality stuff. I find most deals on Ebay and different forums I frequent. I scored my best deals during the holiday's when people were selling the cheapest.

Got my 76 GMC parts chaser for free, less motor. (Buddy of mine runs a performance shop, the trucks PO just wanted the 454 out of it and left the truck). Best part is, I pulled the motor out of the Impala that my ex got in the divorce and then abandoned and put that in the truck. Been driving it for almost ten years. Got another free engine ready to roll when this one gives up.

There are some good ones on here folks!
I've thought of a few examples of my own.....
I'll go to Best Buy, and haggle, but I will totally make **** up like...
"Jim's Appliances has that same model for $25 less". If they ask for proof, which doesn't always happen, I tell them, "look, I'll just go buy it there" - and they ask the manager and I get it cheaper.
Or, I've had my wife pretend there is something about it she really doesn't like (such as the color or something petty like the remote buttons). You'd be amazed at how places come down on prices.
The liner for the small garbage can in the bathroom is a walmart bag.....

Yhe floor in my valiant is washing machine fronts. I have several small space heaters that started life as heaters in old kitchenaid dish washers. ( 800 or 1000 watts and blower fan seems like it puts out more heat than 1800 watt store bought unit ) I use one that I put feet on in my work truck to warm up the cab on cold mornings. It runs off an extension cord on a timer and I never have to scrape ice!:blob:

I'm getting some great ideas here, keep 'em coming.........
My favorite thing to do is to keep or grab extra napkins when you go out to eat and then save them to use at home or keep them for cleaning my hands after working on cars etc.
I also take plastic bags from work that cover new packaging (with permission) and use them to bag up pop bottles and cans and take them to be recycled and save the money for parts etc. for my cars. I'll even grab beer cans, pop cans, bottles that i see on the ground when i get gas or park in a parking lot. They are worth 10 cents each minimum, and it pains me to throw even one away. By doing this, i get usually $50 a month.
Cheap?
No, i prefer to call it thrifty.

-
Back