Cheap stainless eBay headers?

-
Those ebay "applications" charts is one more reason I hate ebay. You can no longer search for specific needs without "that chart" bombarding you with false hits

I bought a set for my V-10 a few years back, and the quality was great.

I don't know if it has gone downhill or not.

Sure it fits, it fits anything Chrysler, yeah thats the ticket. I would be wary, especially if he tries to do the deal offsite.

spend a little extra and get some good ones, not to mention someone with better customer service. You don't want to be replacing headers on a Duster more than once

I put a set on a chevy for a friend they worked good and looked great. but I don't know about mopars!

price is way too cheap for real stainless, and size 1.25" x 2"/2.875" is very small or wrong

Yeah, now seeing what you guys are pointing out it's definitely sketchy.... I'm going to pass on these.

Lol you guys! Price is right. Made in China I guarantee. Chinese stainless has more recycled steel in it than quality stainless. Don't be surprised if they start rusting by next year. If they don't fit and you dented them up don't expect to return them for a refund. Caveat Emptor! (Latin for buyer beware)

Lol you guys! Price is right. Made in China I guarantee. Chinese stainless has more recycled steel in it than quality stainless. Don't be surprised if they start rusting by next year. If they don't fit and you dented them up don't expect to return them for a refund. Caveat Emptor! (Latin for buyer beware)

Like I said, I bought a set for my truck, they still look good 10 years later.

Of course that has been 10 years so the quality may not be there anymore. I still have a brand new set in the box, lol.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/FOR-DODGE-PLY...AUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/400739129646?nav=SEARCH

Too good to be true? Price seems to be good for a set of stainless headers that "fits Plymouth Duster". Anyone use these before?
Had a set on my Dart when I bought the car , they were on for 4 years , they rusted trough the collector and bottom pipes , they are cheap yes , fit is crappolla , thin steel and a low grade if stainless , like I said mine rusted through from the inside out . Thin wall crap , at least it was back then , maybe they are better now ?

Had a set on my Dart when I bought the car , they were on for 4 years , they rusted trough the collector and bottom pipes , they are cheap yes , fit is crappolla , thin steel and a low grade if stainless , like I said mine rusted through from the inside out . Thin wall crap , at least it was back then , maybe they are better now ?

Definitely a pass now lol

at that price you cant go wrong!!!:cheers:

but its true they seem to be small:eek:ops:

for rust I bought TTI headers few years ago Id wait for almost
9 months before I receive them

eaven Mancini racing got out
of the transaction:finga:
because I wasnt satisfied with the delay it took (after 6 months)to receive them
and they send me directly to TTI :wack:and
Id been charge directly from TTI and only receive them 3 months later
you know what after 1 years they began to rust:banghead::banghead:

called them back and they told me there wasnt any warranty on the coating
they could have been to hot because of bad timing or to lean engine
I send them pics that you could see the rust coming out between
the plate and the tube

receive email back that the coating wasnt there for rust
but for performance:evil3::violent2:

thats my 2 cents

like it or not thats what appen to me with costly TTI headers
and dont forget Id start a tread because my headers was hiting the frame rail
to have idea how to move the engine to the left with biscuit mount

Bob

We scream and beg for a header that's affordable and when it comes, we bash it to pieces.

at that price you cant go wrong!!!:cheers:

but its true they seem to be small:eek:ops:

for rust I bought TTI headers few years ago Id wait for almost
9 months before I receive them

eaven Mancini racing got out
of the transaction:finga:
because I wasnt satisfied with the delay it took (after 6 months)to receive them
and they send me directly to TTI :wack:and
Id been charge directly from TTI and only receive them 3 months later
you know what after 1 years they began to rust:banghead::banghead:

called them back and they told me there wasnt any warranty on the coating
they could have been to hot because of bad timing or to lean engine
I send them pics that you could see the rust coming out between
the plate and the tube

receive email back that the coating wasnt there for rust
but for performance:evil3::violent2:

thats my 2 cents

like it or not thats what appen to me with costly TTI headers
and dont forget Id start a tread because my headers was hiting the frame rail
to have idea how to move the engine to the left with biscuit mount

Bob
Surface rust is no problem , rusting right through , holes in the collector is a problem . TTI headers are built of thick wall tubing , I doubt they would rust through in 4 years , and that would be sitting in salt water , the TTI are really built well , expensive but built like tanks . And my TTI fit well , no major work gettig them on , 3 week wait for delivery .

A little off the topic, but here is what I did several years ago. I bought a pair of uncoated Hedman headers. Then I installed them. I had to make a small dimple for the steering box, but it wasn't really noticeable. Then I sent them to Jet Hot Coatings to be ceramic coated in silver. It only cost a little more than buying the ones that were already coated. Ah, but here is the advantage; Jet Hot guarantees their coating for life. After about 15 years, I sent them back in, and they re-coated them for me for FREE. And I only had to pay shipping one way.

We scream and beg for a header that's affordable and when it comes, we bash it to pieces.

It's the American way..... :D

Like I said, I bought a set from another seller on Ebag, and I thought the quality was great (for the money). I don't know if these are comparable, but if so, I would buy a set, ceramic coat them on the inside and run the pee out of them.

I have a set of stainless eBay shorty headers on my ram. They fit great, don't leak, and haven't rusted a bit in 5+ years. They are a dull goldish-brown now though due to heat discoloration over the years.

Also have had 2 sets of the "eBay special" stainless long tube headers on 2 different BMWs. They also fit great like my truck headers and have worked perfectly for years on my daily driven 97 M3. That car gets driven HARD through the rain, snow, and shine.

I have a set of stainless eBay shorty headers on my ram. They fit great, don't leak, and haven't rusted a bit in 5+ years. They are a dull goldish-brown now though due to heat discoloration over the years.

Yup, same here.

Looking at them, Id pull the trigger. Look at the flange thickness, that looks thicker than many name brand headers out there (Dont let Hooker clown you with their "O-ring" flanges!) reroute the #7 tube and you might have a 64-66 header if you can get the manual steering outside the 1-5 tubes. All headers rust unless they are coated on the inside too. Thats the nature of the heat cycle. None last forever unless they are JEt-hot 1200F ceramic dipped.

Looking at them, Id pull the trigger. Look at the flange thickness, that looks thicker than many name brand headers out there (Dont let Hooker clown you with their "O-ring" flanges!) reroute the #7 tube and you might have a 64-66 header if you can get the manual steering outside the 1-5 tubes. All headers rust unless they are coated on the inside too. Thats the nature of the heat cycle. None last forever unless they are JEt-hot 1200F ceramic dipped.

Assuming they're honest and the picture reflects what you actually receive. Some of those negative feedbacks make me wonder if it's worth the risk.

Yeah, a lot of complaints, but I only saw one or two on headers. And that was after 4 pages. Didn't read them, would still be there in that case. None about the headers for mopars.

$281.00 for a set of headers lmfao..ya' they must be top quality..run away:banghead::banghead:

-
Back