Check out this baby. 1970 e-bay Dart.

-
Yup....Know that car. Lil old Lady car sold new in Regina Saskatchewan...
Been Repainted....Driver quarter panel has been changed (thats why he doesnt show a good pic of the undercoating/sound deadener)...and rear bumper replaced...must have been early in its life....
Another shop here replaced some engine gaskets and repainted the engine.
Rallye wheels are not correct...it came with full hubcaps.
It is a Very nice 14K mile car though....
I have pics of it here somewhere....
Car was sold from here and went to Florida. Heard the Florida owner passed away last year.....
Too bad he doesnt show inside the ashtray = Like NEW Non smoker car.
Thanks for posting!

Thanks for posting in. Hopefully other potential buyers will see this.

Yep, you can see the lack of undercoating and pattern to the inside of the drivers side quarter panel.

Even though it has 14K miles, the outside has been repainted, the engine repainted, quarter and bumper replaced. IMHO, most of the thrill of 14K original miles is gone.

I'd say it's $10K car with a hard to sell color combination.

Not sure about the slots in the bumper, but this is a '71 and up bumper...

b41c_3.jpg

Bumper in question

1970DodgeDartGreen07.jpg

Brake lights are definitely '70. And they're '70 Only. '71-'73 looks like the top picture. Maybe just a repro bumper with incorrect slots?

Either way, I don't see it getting more than $14k. Its a nice car, but it certainly doesn't sound "all original" if its had a repaint and quarter work. And its just a 318/auto on the column with a bench seat and non-power drums. Maybe if it were a 340 car, or a 4 speed, or had buckets and a console etc. it might go for more.

Actually Plymouth used the '70 Bumper and Taillights on thier '72 a bodies, hence the Slots!

Later,
Bruce B.

Not sure about the slots in the bumper, but this is a '71 and up bumper...

b41c_3.jpg

Bumper in question

1970DodgeDartGreen07.jpg

Brake lights are definitely '70. And they're '70 Only. '71-'73 looks like the top picture. Maybe just a repro bumper with incorrect slots?

Either way, I don't see it getting more than $14k. Its a nice car, but it certainly doesn't sound "all original" if its had a repaint and quarter work. And its just a 318/auto on the column with a bench seat and non-power drums. Maybe if it were a 340 car, or a 4 speed, or had buckets and a console etc. it might go for more.

It looks like a 72 Scamp bumper.

sidescamp.jpg

Heres a pretty good Dart identifier sitehttp://dartid.jonsteiger.com/INTERACTIVE/1970-1972/1970/And I do agree about going overboard with the Armor All,that top should look "matte",the shine just looks very unnatural
and sloppy.I use to detail when I was younger(still do sometimes)and we would have to also spray the engine with dressing.I mean look at the radiator hoses and plug wires,the engine was no doubt drenched in rubber and vinyl dressing.Ok for a used piece of crap that a dealership got from the auction and wants to sell,but a huge no no on a classic car such as this.(would you want to work on an engine that is greasy from Armor All)I cannot stand a "shiny" interior.And even if that car spent most of its life in a garage,just atmosphere and air,and moisture will dull and crack a 40 year old laquer factory paint.(Laquer dulls in time)Maybe im wrong but Ive seen old cars that have spent most of the time in garages and the paint almost always will show its age.That paint is just way too shinny for 40 yr old paint.
Think of that Dart as the girl you knew in High School that wore way too much make up,lol

Yeah...its a newer Scamp bumper and lights.
IF I can figure out my Scanner I'll show you guys pictures of it here...in Snow....Don't think Florida gets much snow?
It HAS been repainted. Trevor Loxton did it.
I have a photo of the fender tag somewhere too....it had some factory seam sealer slopped across it before the car was painted on the assembly line....
Trust me

All the likes or dis-likes aside, thats a pretty sharp car.
I agree,it is indeed a very beautiful car .I just wish the seller was more honest about the car and not mislead people into thinking it was kept in a preserve chamber for 40 years.He should tell people what work has been done to the car,that the wheels are not factory,and the engine has been worked on and the rear bumper has been replaced.This guy seems like your typical shady used car salesman that will throw any kind of pitch to make a sale.These are the kind people i will not ever buy a car from because half the time they are full of crap.Honesty goes a very long way.I would rather someone tell me what has been done to the car instead of me finding cracking Bondo,peeling paint after being told it is a "unmolested" factory paint job.

Nothing wrong with the color combination; drove a 1970 challenger/6 the same colors to work 50 miles one way for a few years without getting sick; although I believe that mine had factory enamel paint. Wayne

The rear bumper is from a 1971 - 1973 Scamp , which was an updated-to-1971-models'-slotted-bumperjack-slots .

I knew right-off that those Rallye wheels couldn't be original-to-that-car .

I like its colour combo ; it looks much better in person ! Not that I've seen this particular car , but seeing that I'm 40 years old and that I grew up around typical 70's-coloured cars , it really is typical of that era .

Those Rim-Blo steering wheels are a ***** to restore !
The replacement material is an install-it-once-properly-or-forget-about-it ; a one-shot deal !!

I'm wondering why there are absolutely no pics of its fender tag ?
The tag is there ...

And , yes , that detailing job is waaaaayyyyyyyy over the top !
Looks as greasy as a Pizza Hut pizza !!
And that engine repaint : STUPID
Something's only original ONCE !! Who cares if it's got the typical rust and flaking paint on the valve covers ?

I'm certain that whomever is selling this thing isn't a classic car enthusiast !!
Anyone in the HOBBY who's worth their salt wouldn't have touched this car in any capacity other than a good , realistic cleaning , and nothing else !!

-
Back