Check out what I got!

-
I don't see 900hp being too far out of line for a 572. Do you have the cam yet? I would think you would need something in the 280+ duration and more lift to make that power with those heads. Will you run them OOTB?
I kinda wanna keep spring pressure on the less crazy side. It’s a street car mostly. The trick flow 270’s are CNC ported to max wedge from factory I’ll run titanium intake valves, retainers Jessel rockers. Intake will be max wedge tunnel ram with twin 4500’s

Set a steel big block on a folding table like that lol…..very nice!

wasnt a problem when I was young , used to carry my hemi blocks up the hill in the driveway to put them in the back of my pick up...
now , wouldnt even try to pick up a sbc block !!

I too think 900 “track horsepower not dyno” will be hard to hit with that head. Especially being you want to run pump gas. Good luck.

Flow numbers

734CE0FD-BE95-4CB6-B789-2AB0BE447009.jpeg

I'm thinking it's going to take some more compression 13.1? Indy-572 head and a solid roller in the .800 range to make a solid 900 HP.

I think 900hp might be a stretch with 270 heads and that compression. Why not a bigger head?
I have new 270’s sitting on the shelf. Plus it’s always gonna be a street car. I’m hoping the dominators and tunnel ram help. Anything past 800 is a bonus.

Well IMO that’s certainly the correct induction up top!
LMAO!

What’s your best octane available to you at the pump?

7k for the block and pump gas? Come on now how much are you going to drive it. 15 to 1 sounds about right and you can still use nitrous! At the minimum 13 to 1 as it will give you that nice crackle.

7k for the block and pump gas? Come on now how much are you going to drive it. 15 to 1 sounds about right and you can still use nitrous! At the minimum 13 to 1 as it will give you that nice crackle.
I put 2500 miles on it last year it was on the road. At $12 a gallon id need to sell every bodily fluid they’d pay me for just to drive it lol.

My 470” is 10.62:1 so I may try to cheat this up closer to 11:1. Bigger cam help bleed off a little static compression
FWIW, I’m running 11-1 w/a 224@050 hyd roller on a 110 LSA and 93 octane.

I kinda wanna keep spring pressure on the less crazy side. It’s a street car mostly. The trick flow 270’s are CNC ported to max wedge from factory I’ll run titanium intake valves, retainers Jessel rockers. Intake will be max wedge tunnel ram with twin 4500’s

You will need a 2.25 or 2.30 intake to make that power and it going to take some RPM. The spring pressure is what is is. You will be able to go on the light side psi wise with a Ti intake. Any Indy -1(+.100 BBC) 2.250x5.344" Ti valve weighs 92g vs 142g for the steel version. Ti retainers are about 2/3 the weight of TensileMax or Tool Steel and the locks end up being about the same. You might also consider the requirement for lash caps which will add weight. You can run the ultra trick Manley loc-cap that uses a bead groove to retain the lash cap in the valve lock. Otherwise add a little to the 92g above for a steel tip.

You will also have to run coated valves to avoid changing valve seats.

I would think you will need over .800 lift and, as stated above, 280+ ( or is that ++) to get there at 11ish to 1. You will likely have to run a reverse dome piston to keep the CR down.

I still think close to or 900 is doable if you worked over the heads and spin it 7500ish.

As said above for the 850+ hp range -13's or B1 os where people are going.

A little nitrous and you have a 1000hp street car no problem. Plenty of power for a 10.5 tire streeter.

I put 2500 miles on it last year it was on the road. At $12 a gallon id need to sell every bodily fluid they’d pay me for just to drive it lol.
Ya if you put that many miles on it I’d have to agree.

Worked over the heads on what is already a pretty good cnc program. Mmmmm not today.

Have you seen a set that was taken beyond the CNC program? I have not. I figured if they could get 20-25 cfm on the intakes it is possible. Considering the large bore size there could be gains in a larger intake valve. On a 4.375 bore engine you run into issues woth a 2.30 intake valve a little over .800 lift and it has to be pretty well shrouded to keep the chamber from overhanging the bore. Not the case at 4.500".

Have you worked on a set of 270s? I have only looked at pictures myself.

I would be looking for a set of -13s or B1s that already have coated Ti valves and a Jesel setup. You could easily spend 15k on the top end buying it all new. Just one guys opinion based on your goals. It will be a mean package with the 270s.

-
Back