Chick from Brooklyn NY

-

my71dart

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 71 dart swinger with a slant six.

I am looking to upgrade to a 340 or 360 but need the motor, tranny and an 8 3/4 rear. I also am looking for the proper Kframe...

The car from wheels were upgraded to discs from a 71 challenger (big bolt pattern).

Any advice would be great or if you have parts for sale that I could use contact me here.

The car needs total restoration, so I am also looking for all kinds of parts that are in better condition of the parts I already have...

Nice to meet ya.

Welcome to FABO chicky from the Bronx!Check the for sale forums or place an ad in the parts wanted forums.Good Luck and enjoy your stay!:cheers:

You came to the right place.

No question is too stupid although you may get a few stupid answers but it makes it all the more fun.

By the way this is my car 8)...

DartSouthOfBorder.jpg

An 81/4 will be cheaper and can handle up to 400hp.

I come from the town of 70 challengers and a 71 cuda (my 1st and 2nd car).. Used to 8 3/4's

I know nothing of 1/4 or what parts to use..

I try to stick with what I know and keep the options open.

You can get motor mount kits Schmaucher etc as to save from a Kframe swap too.

Welcome and congrats enjoy the board too!
Ask away :)

i like when girls like mopars. too bad ur too old fer me. theres a couple girls that like cars here where i live but there import lovers (crys)

welcome to a great A body site. Is that Pedro's south of the border?

Yeah, ha ha.. I took the car for a road trip to florida from NYC through a hurricane in Georgia two years ago. The car was the only part of the trip that didn't have any problems... ahhaha

cool. the car is usually the worst of my problems.

I bought that car in 2000. It has been my daily driver since then and only recently have I been having minor problems due to age. AC still works, never once stalled on me, and I drove it to florida and plan to drive it to cali soon. Best car I ever had.

I am waiting on a radiator and a new carb and hopefully that will solve the current problems I am having with it now.

I am glad I found this site, because I have some pending questions that I can't think of right now... but will as soon as I remember them.

hey welcome aboard..fellow New Yorker..Nice ride..600 dollars and drove it to florida OMG......

[Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Great people and great info source.

What shape is your old six and trans in? I might be interested if you are going to sell them. I'm on long island. Born and raised in Brooklyn/queens

My wife drives my (OK her) duster every day, 2 years, 1 alternator.
Though she never sees the highway speeds, a great value nonetheless.

Look us up when you come Cali-way. (Yes the wife is from Maui, bra)

Imagine a near 40 year old car goin all those trouble free miles,
must be that /6 :cheers:

Again welcome,

LCjeff

Welcome to the best site going my71dart
It's good to see another new member jump in to enjoy the best of the best around :cheers: Welcome from Arkansas Mopar Chick from Brooklyn New York :happy10:

What shape is your old six and trans in? I might be interested if you are going to sell them. I'm on long island. Born and raised in Brooklyn/queens

It is fine, it needs a carb, and as a result of that I am having some idle problems that should be fixed within the month. (mostly waiting for new parts). The AC works, but it clanks. Still blows cold.

Other than that it is a fine motor. no issues other than what I told ya.

It will be a while before I upgrade. I need to find full time work so I can support my mopar habit..

It is fine, it needs a carb, and as a result of that I am having some idle problems that should be fixed within the month. (mostly waiting for new parts). The AC works, but it clanks. Still blows cold.

Other than that it is a fine motor. no issues other than what I told ya.

It will be a while before I upgrade. I need to find full time work so I can support my mopar habit..

Hey Brooklyn,

I have not seen a slant six that did not need a new carb. ha, ha. or a new choke.

You might want to check with slantsixdan over at slantsix.org as I think he is the guy with the carbs over there.
If not, he knows who is.

He comes over here a bit too and knows his slanty stuff.

Excellent web sites Spaz. Very good for the /6 owner.

Welcome aboard dear Lady. Where abouts in Kings? Da wifes from Flatbush. Mom and Pops from East New York when it was a good place to be.

-
Back