Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectile Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
FABO

I have what I believe to be a Holley double pumper 600 cfm (only identification numbers I could find were on the choke neck reading "LIST - 4776" and underneath that it read "0485"). Anyways my Dart came into my possession without any type of choke and at the time it sounded cool but now I am kind of liking the idea of having easier start ups. I figured I would ask around here to see if anyone had one that they pulled off of their carbs and have no intention on using again. I am thinking of most likely going with a full manual set up with this. The parts don't have to be pretty as long as they all work and fit! I don't have a lot of $$ to dedicate to this as school textbooks are expensive so if it ends up being out of my budget I will just keep on running the Dart as is.

Thank you

P.S. Any suggestions welcome! This is the first carburetor I have ever worked on and its a learning curve to get it all dialed in right.

That is the list number for the 600 double pumper. As I recall they usually had the bracket and clamp to allow for the connection of a manual choke cable.
Does your intake have provisions to install a thermostatic choke as in a choke well? The factory iron ones do, but pretty much all of the aftermarket aluminum ones do not have one.
This will play into the direction that you will need to go when looking to add a choke.

I am not going to lie, I am not 100% sure. I have an edelbrock performer aluminum intake, and I believe that I do have that provision for a thermostatic choke if I'm thinking of the correct section of the intake manifold, but that area is crowded by my fuel line that is set up so I don't believe any type of automatic choke will fit. I will try to get a picture taken soon and I will upload it so that I can understand you better

20180207_164811.jpg
20180207_164826.jpg
20180207_164855.jpg

You can look for a parts carb the same model as you have and switch the parts. That may be a long shot. I would buy another carb with a choke.

I have all the parts you need but you need to figure out if it is a early Holley because they are different. The easiest way to find out is to measure the hole the shaft goes through. The early ones have a smaller shaft.
Brian

You can look for a parts carb the same model as you have and switch the parts. That may be a long shot. I would buy another carb with a choke.

Haha yeah I had considered that already...
Just out of curiosity...what would be the main difference between my 600 cfm double pumper, and lets say a 750 cfm double pumper and anything in between? When looking for a parts carb/parts in general can I use any of the double pumper sizes for replacement parts? Of course I mean for everything not having to do with specific jets/nozzles/or main body housing.

next point, with a little research I found a couple different parts that I might be able to scrap together to get everything i need

Holley 45-225 Choke Conversion Kit

HOLLEY CHOKE SHAFT ASSEMBLY

Would this essentially be all that I need to get it all set up? and of course add a cable to run into the cabin

I have all the parts you need but you need to figure out if it is a early Holley because they are different. The easiest way to find out is to measure the hole the shaft goes through. The early ones have a smaller shaft.
Brian

Ok Thank you, I will try to get that measured up as soon as I can. Are you referring to the diameter or the length of the shaft? (that's what she said)

Just out of curiosity...what would be the main difference between my 600 cfm double pumper, and lets say a 750 cfm double pumper and anything in between? When looking for a parts carb/parts in general can I use any of the double pumper sizes for replacement parts? Of course I mean for everything not having to do with specific jets/nozzles/or main body housing.

next point, with a little research I found a couple different parts that I might be able to scrap together to get everything i need

Would this essentially be all that I need to get it all set up? and of course add a cable to run into the cabin
Looks like that and a cable and you'd be golden.. Anything electric or thermostatic would be cooler (more automatic once setup) but a manual cable operated choke would do the trick.

I'm sho

I'm shocked you found parts that cheap. According to the carb numbers in the description those will work and is what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back