CLAIMED 1 of 1 '69 notch??????

-
This car has been for sale since early April. Neat car, but radically over-priced. Maybe he looked on Soneff's Master Garage site and saw their over-priced Barracudas and used that as a starting point for his pricing.

Don't know what he is smoking, but I would like to have some of it...

We talk around here that TV has put the vintage car market out of site, I sit back and laugh at prices of cars and parts for that matter. You never get back what you put in them unless you find a person who just don't care. Parts are hard to come by for my 69 but I refuse to pay what some are asking. Seen that car on eBay, it's a 20 k car. Of course there's a $160k hemi car on there too. Lol

A buddy and I just got off the phone. He has found 2 70 Super Bees in the last week. One is definitely savable and the other is rode hard and put away wet and that owner has been watching too much Barrett Jackson and thinks his parts car is worth thousands. (it's a parts car at best) Hell, nowdays the parts cars are worth a lot of money because the parts in them are worth so much. You need a Rallye dash for a Challenger because your car needs one. $500-$1000 at the swap meets or buy a parts car that has one in it. $3-4000. Put another $2-3000 to have it redone and worthy for your 440 or 6 pack car. The price to re-do that cluster is the same for a 340 or 318 car. Catch my drift? Everything car restoration related is going up. Good for us selling and bad for us buying. There are still some good deals out there but you have to leave no stone unturned and be ready to pull the trigger when it appears.

Hey Mike I clicked link because the hyperlink mentions Tujunga. That is where my 67 S was sold when new. Would love to get in touch with them??

I doubt he know about dealerships from 40 years ago. But kmember know.

What was the name of the dealership in Tujunja ?

A buddy and I just got off the phone. He has found 2 70 Super Bees in the last week. One is definitely savable and the other is rode hard and put away wet and that owner has been watching too much Barrett Jackson and thinks his parts car is worth thousands. (it's a parts car at best) Hell, nowdays the parts cars are worth a lot of money because the parts in them are worth so much. You need a Rallye dash for a Challenger because your car needs one. $500-$1000 at the swap meets or buy a parts car that has one in it. $3-4000. Put another $2-3000 to have it redone and worthy for your 440 or 6 pack car. The price to re-do that cluster is the same for a 340 or 318 car. Catch my drift? Everything car restoration related is going up. Good for us selling and bad for us buying. There are still some good deals out there but you have to leave no stone unturned and be ready to pull the trigger when it appears.
There is still some deals but the prices of some parts turn alot of people off from doing a car that they have might of dreamed about. I rather see the old cars fixed up than junked because of no interest.

I can't remember the name. I think Vermugo or something like that.
Pic of plate frame pieces lol
I doubt he know about dealerships from 40 years ago. But kmember know.

What was the name of the dealership in Tujunja ?

20170907_201702.jpg

There is still some deals but the prices of some parts turn alot of people off from doing a car that they have might of dreamed about. I rather see the old cars fixed up than junked because of no interest.
Speaking of which, I was at a salvage yard today looking for a frame section for my 96 Dakota. I wad lucky, they just got one in that was headed for the crusher. Not enough call for those parts. Send it to the crusher. It's purely economics.

I can't remember the name. I think Vermugo or something like that.
Pic of plate frame pieces lol

View attachment 1715089928

Verdugo Plymouth

Verdugo Hills is a nearby community to Tujunga. Sometimes lumped together.

Here's some info on it:

Treasures of the Valley » Mike Lawler - Crescenta Valley Weekly

Search old 1969 Los Angles Times auto classified section.

And search other 1969 local newspapers for: Glendale, La Crescenta, Tujunga, Verdugo, Verdugo Hills, Verdugo Oaks

Search: Tujunga Plymouth License Plate Frame (images) here: Tujunja Plymouth plate frame - Google Search

Last edited:
Very cool article by Mike Lawler.
Verdugo Plymouth

Verdugo Hills is a nearby community to Tujunga. Sometimes lumped together.

Here's some info on it:

Treasures of the Valley » Mike Lawler - Crescenta Valley Weekly

Search old Los Angles Times auto classified section.

And search other local newspapers for: Glendale, La Crescenta, Tujunga, Verdugo, Verdugo Hills, Verdugo Oaks

Search: Tujunga Plymouth License Plate Frame (images) here: Tujunja Plymouth plate frame - Google Search
Thanks for the info!

Just saw a rotten ol duster up for 2500. I the parts car i bought was 200.

There is a barracuda around here in the bushes. I tried to get it for parts, slant 6 4 speed 300,000 miles plus on it and sitting on the axles in the swamp. I maxed my offer at 800. He pushed for a grand, aparrently trans is valuable. Not to me.

When asking such a high price for a car it better be perfect. Im sure its not.

Worth no more than a 340 4 spd 69 swinger in same condition.

Yes they didn't make a lot of 340 formula S notchbacks (coupe, non-fastback). But they historically and repeatedly sell for less than same condition, option, and year 340-S fastback.

$20K -$25K car around here....And it IS around here.

And it has a non-numbers block, a 20 year old paint job with rust bubbles, and is a "lower impact" color.

I'm not familiar with 69 numbers. But you're right in 1969 you can get the 340 in three separate packages: Barracuda, 'Cuda, and Formula S.

But for 68 340 Formula S Coupe, there is a breakdown of 4spd vs Auto. And yes, all 68 340 cars were Formula S. No 'Cuda option package for 1968.

1968 340 Formula S coupe production #'s (BH23)
516 auto
351 4spd

Thank you for clarifying.
I was having trouble with the verbiage.

I don't have the patience to read the whole ad but this guy is a dandy. Ya Galen couldn't find another one. (there are no records) It must be a 1 of 1. Not correct engine. (must be a warranty block. Distributor custom curved by Hemi George. (that will add another 10 grand to the price. ETC. This guy is a slickster, a used car salesman. I doubt if he is a car guy let alone a Mopar guy. His E bay business is coins, gems, and crystal's. He's just a fortune hunter. We should all bomb his ad with $10,000 offerers. LOL
Do you have any idea who your dealing with!!! That's the real Moparman Mike Ash!!! Just kidding , this guy made a LOT of money years ago flipping Mopars and parts without knowing anything and im serious. Look up the trend setting prices his buddy Hemiegeoge is advertising and selling prices on Ebay.

Do you have any idea who your dealing with!!! That's the real Moparman Mike Ash!!! Just kidding , this guy made a LOT of money years ago flipping Mopars and parts without knowing anything and im serious. Look up the trend setting prices his buddy Hemiegeoge is advertising and selling prices on Ebay.
Had me worried there for a minute. :lol:

There were 325 69 340S coupes. no breakdown of transmission.
There were 98 69 340 Cudas. 68 4 speed cars and 30 automatics.

Here is the production numbers for 1969 barracudas
69 Barracuda production numbers.PNG

Ha, just recently I had the same interaction with this guy about this car. Not sure where he gets his ideas from but they're certainly a little circumspect. Per his own admission, there is questionable body work and paint. It's certainly flawed enough for the price to be completely laughable.

It's on Ebay right now for $34K.

It's too bad because I like the car. Not sure what I would pay for it but the current price is completely ridiculous.

Either someone who absolutely loves that car will pay his price and enjoy it, or it will settle down to a more realistic price.

25 to 30 K is about right for that specimen in todays economy/market. That's IN MY OPINION. It wouldn't matter if there were a dozen built if only 2 survivors remain. You could spend the same money on any brand new car. Guaranteed loosing investment there. If the economy forced sale of this rare fish at a loss... that's life. If one of the 2 should be destroyed, the one remaining goes up in value. Us "regular Joes" should not even look at collectable/investment specimens.

25 to 30 K is about right for that specimen in todays economy/market. That's IN MY OPINION. It wouldn't matter if there were a dozen built if only 2 survivors remain. You could spend the same money on any brand new car. Guaranteed loosing investment there. If the economy forced sale of this rare fish at a loss... that's life. If one of the 2 should be destroyed, the one remaining goes up in value. Us "regular Joes" should not even look at collectable/investment specimens.

Not sure I agree. Maybe for a numbers matching car that's been nicely restored, but not this one.

For starters, it's not numbers matching and has been repainted. The point being, if something is being advertised as 'rare' then it 'should' be numbers matching. If this is not the case, what are you paying a premium for? There's nothing to back it up. IMO, it's just another 'Cuda.

Number two, the seller says there is sub-par bodywork. Hard to tell from the pics but he says there is bondo in the quarters that filled in large dents and bubbling paint. The side stripe is poorly applied, it's too low. Starting to get the idea?

Number three, he told me that the car runs well but in the next sentence said it should be broken in. Huh?

Going back to the numbers thing - motor has a Torker manifold, some cheapo aftermarket air cleaner, crappy block hugger headers, '70s rallye wheels with white letter tires...

He also said the 'seat back inserts need to be reupholstered". Not sure exactly what he meant but that's not a cheap call to Legendary. He claims the carpet is new but in the pics it looks pretty faded, it looks pink in sunlight. Not to mention dime-store the flip-flop carpet pads...

So now what do you think the car is worth? Certainly nowhere near $34K and IMO, not even $24K. Maybe somewhere in the $15-18K range if it checks out to be rust free and runs OK.

So 'rare' in this case does not warrant the asking price.

BTW, $15-18K is actually lower than what I offered him and he turned it down. he also claimed to have turned down better offers than mine.

Gonna hold on to it for a while with that mindset. It's been for sale for almost a year at this point.

-
Back