CLAIMED 1 of 1 '69 notch??????

-
Just my .02,

If his claims are true, then its similar to the handful 67 383 4 speed barracuda convertibles out there. People could play the option sheets pretty hard back then so almost anything was possible. Its up to the seller to convince a potential buyer of its validity. Its very hard to track specific build numbers of these cars. Its been almost 50 years, "caviat emptor" is what i say. I know i wouldent pay it.

My 67 notch was a slant sux, and the 69 notch was a 318. Neither are/were desirable as far as options go. Run of the mill cars actually. Only cool thing the 69 had that was hacked out of it years ago was the center console option. Since i cant afford the expensive rare ones, i build what i like. As if i am playing the option sheets, as well as some upgrades that werent available on those cars at the time they were made.

Not to get off the mopar part of the subject, but look at GMs COPO cars. That loophole allowed savvy customers to build packages that could NOT be ordered as RPO through the dealer.

Now i'm not a GM muscle car guy by any means, but i do know about certian special cars that came out. One example i saw was a 1969 ZL1 aluminum block 427 4 speed camaro with big disc brakes and a 12 bolt w locker. Complete with flat hood, stripe delete, spoiler delete, and dog dish caps on body colored steelies. I saw one of these in that shitty dark greenmetallic. Talk about a ******* sleeper. Remove the 427 callouts on the fenders and install 327, or 307 emblems and go on the hunt.

I say build em how you want, leave the rare ones to the whine and cheese crowd at the buyit jackman auctions. I know i am happier doing it my way instead of making it nut and bolt correct exact like the day it was built including factory sloppiness. Too nerve wracking for me. I tend to over restore anything i do anyways lol.

I didn't read the entire add because I'm a regular Joe. I agree it should be numbers matching. If the original 340 engine didn't survive, at some point wasn't rebuild able, it should have a replacement 340 in it. Anyway... I had assumed survivor in its truest sense. Some don't understand the meaning of "survivor".
Television is only a source of information. Investments in rare collectable items happens whether its seen on TV or not.
And the following is just my view point/opinion also. Because a factory service manual includes a brief description of body damage repair, a true survivor can wear a little less than perfect body work.
Aftermarket intake and such, easy enough to undo/correct. Interior less than new, needs work... At 50+ years old, aged worn soft parts is to be expected. So lets agree its a restoration and not a survivor. Lets agree the restoration stopped short of everything from ground up. Buy it. Spend some money on it over the coming years. Pray you never have to sell it at a loss. in other words, Go Leno on it.
What are the options? 15K for something that has been modified to hell and back? More made in china than OEM? Find the illusive 3rd one of these fishes in a bone yard and totally restore it?

Last edited:
BTW, $15-18K is actually lower than what I offered him and he turned it down. he also claimed to have turned down better offers than mine.

Gonna hold on to it for a while with that mindset. It's been for sale for almost a year at this point.
Just from looking at the photos, One would have to spend more than 15K just to get what is good on this car to that point, I think 20K would've been a good competitive
offer....and without being able to see the underside of the car etc. actual value is too hard to say. As clean as it appears, and the fact that the Owner seems forthright in
picking His own ride apart in discussing it, other than the off-hue appearance of the carpet(which can be dyed easily) I'd have to say He'll get 25-28K....................

2 totally different cars. $25k for the Canadian I say is worth it. Saves crossing borders.
Didn't look at eBay ad....don't need another cuda.

This seller must be using the same price guide as the other guy as apparently restored 69 340 notchbacks are worth 100K now.I guess we're out of the loop.

1969 baracuda 340S | classic cars | Winnipeg | Kijiji

Ha, just recently I had the same interaction with this guy about this car. Not sure where he gets his ideas from but they're certainly a little circumspect. Per his own admission, there is questionable body work and paint. It's certainly flawed enough for the price to be completely laughable.

It's on Ebay right now for $34K.

It's too bad because I like the car. Not sure what I would pay for it but the current price is completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
I'd have to say He'll get 25-28K....................

I offered mid 20s and he turned it down. Like I mentioned previously, he told me that he turned down better offers than mine which seems insane.

I really don't know what's up with the dude other than what's been discussed here and in the Moparts thread. Apparently he has some health issues? Regardless, he's well enough to post for sale ads and he absolutely knows his price is ridiculous. The fact that he's refusing good offers seems a little suspect to me though so who knows?

There were 325 69 340S coupes. no breakdown of transmission.
There were 98 69 340 Cudas. 68 4 speed cars and 30 automatics.

Here is the production numbers for 1969 wbarracudas
View attachment 1715095204
Id go 1 of 68 based on that info. Theres really no way to break it down any further. I mean unless they are trying to break it down further by paint color and other options added when it was built. Just really no way to tell.

I offered mid 20s and he turned it down. Like I mentioned previously, he told me that he turned down better offers than mine which seems insane.

I really don't know what's up with the dude other than what's been discussed here and in the Moparts thread. Apparently he has some health issues? Regardless, he's well enough to post for sale ads and he absolutely knows his price is ridiculous. The fact that he's refusing good offers seems a little suspect to me though so who knows?
Well, maybe that's an issue, He may be trying to milk every last penny for some medical bills or something. I can't judge there, but it'll be worse if He ends up chasing all of
the truly interested parties off and ends up sitting on it, so...............

Well, maybe that's an issue, He may be trying to milk every last penny for some medical bills or something. I can't judge there, but it'll be worse if He ends up chasing all of
the truly interested parties off and ends up sitting on it, so...............

Yep.

Sometimes it's hard to let go of an idea, right or wrong. I've taken a beating on several cars. You have to swallow your pride and take what comes if you really want to sell it.

Needs to ditch the incorrect center caps too. Not sure if those rallyes were optional in 69 either. I think those came out in 1970

Needs to ditch the incorrect center caps too. Not sure if those rallyes were optional in 69 either. I think those came out in 1970

Amongst other things.

340 exhaust manifolds don't grow on trees. Neither do unsilenced air cleaner assemblies.

Guy told me they were the original wheels. SPD is December 1 but whatever.

LOL!!! I don't recall the seller claiming it was a 100 point concours resto',...........

Nit fuckin pickin...lol.
Maybe the whole point of this thread is to get seller to lower HIS price?

Well, yeah.

The point is that the sellers price reflects a numbers matching survivor or a #1 resto. It ain't either of things and in fact, pretty far from it.

Just stating facts. Better to understand what you are looking at before throwing $30k at some random car that isnt quite as advertised.

Nit picken or not concours resto... or whatever.

The price is stupid. If you are paying over $30K for cars like this you are uneducated about these cars and deserve to be ripped off.

Maybe the whole point of people saying the seller's price is fair to sell their own cars at an inflated price.?

In one of the pics of the engine compartment it shows the kick down linkage/accelerator bracket. The bracket has the stud for the trans (auto) kick down. Did Mopar use the auto bracket on all cars even though this car is a 4 speed?? Just wondering????
$_57.jpg

treblig

Last edited:
No such thing as "inflated price" is there? Who determines if the price is inflated? The buyer? Yep
The price is the price. Either it will sell or it won't. Leave yer number with the wife.
Buy it from the widow when he dies.

Treblig I have a 4bl throttle bracket without the kickdown "pin"

Nit picken or not concours resto... or whatever.

The price is stupid. If you are paying over $30K for cars like this you are uneducated about these cars and deserve to be ripped off.

Maybe the whole point of people saying the seller's price is fair to sell their own cars at an inflated price.?

In one of the pics of the engine compartment it shows the kick down linkage/accelerator bracket. The bracket has the stud for the trans (auto) kick down. Did Mopar use the auto bracket on all cars even though this car is a 4 speed?? Just wondering????
View attachment 1715134822
treblig

Last edited:
Unless the guy drops his price to what I believe to be reasonable, I'm over it. The guy is out of his mind asking $34K for that car, plain and simple.

To be clear, I don't really care that much about the numbers thing but again, if it's being advertised as so rare, the whole car should reflect the pricing, not just the claimed rarity. That's all. The car has been for sale for almost a year, it will probably never sell anywhere near what he's asking so if he really wants to move the thing, perhaps he'll reconsider his price.

Like someone said in the Moparts thread, just cause silly GG only has two cars with this particular configuration in his registry does not mean only two exist. Maybe the other 66 or 6,600 owners just didn't care to verify their car with him. Whatever.

I think these threads are good though, whether you care about prices, originality or whatever. Again, better to be informed going in to any deal. I can't imagine someone paying his asking price but he may well get it. Maybe they will luck out too but I would tend to think you'd be on the losing end of that deal.

25 to 30 K is about right for that specimen in todays economy/market. That's IN MY OPINION. It wouldn't matter if there were a dozen built if only 2 survivors remain. You could spend the same money on any brand new car. Guaranteed loosing investment there. If the economy forced sale of this rare fish at a loss... that's life. If one of the 2 should be destroyed, the one remaining goes up in value. Us "regular Joes" should not even look at collectable/investment specimens.

We're not talking about vintage Ferraris here...any A-body with a pedigree is well within the means of regular Joes.

Are those 69 valve covers? I dont think they routed the plug wires that way for 69. Either way its a let the buyer beware situation. If i was paying $30k plus for something like that advertized the way it is, i want it with all the correct date coded parts on it, or at least in boxes in the trunk, and a verifyiable proof as to the sellers claims.

A fool and their money will part ways over this car at some point. Now keep in mind i am not knocking the car itself. Its pretty nice, and is a great start for somebody wanting to do some freshening up , and enjoy driving it. But it isnt a $30k automobile.

But hey ok, my 67 is a 1 of none lol.

67, 68 and 69. Notchback as opposed to Fastback. The fastback was the more sporty of the two and more popular for some strange reason. Maybe it was the psychedelics of the late sixties.
Possibly, but the fastback was also 200 lbs heavier in the *** end making it great for drag racing. The vert was also heavier with extra bracing and extremely flexible because of the top removal, The sport coupe "notchback" was was the lightest and stiffest of all 3 variants

-
Back