CLEAN engine bay pics

-
Not an a body but heres my old 68 Satellite, hopefully my 72 Dusters will look as good when I'm finished with it...

Attachments

• 8-06-05 006 (Medium).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 936
:burnout:

Attachments

• duster 4280303.2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 941
  • duster112.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 920
  • duster 021.2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 938
Mine

451.jpg

bump this up to, i sure would love to see some more engine bays!

Damn damn damn yooper822 I hope my 65 Cuda and slant six look that good one day. You give me something to aspire to. I hate to say it but I think my shoe string budget may never let that happen. To many things I can't do.

Wow, everyone has great looking engine bays!

Sandblasted mine in sections, epoxy, base clear. Working on passenger cabin now.

Attachments

• DSCN1341.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 624
  • DSCN1246.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 664
  • DSCN0911.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 654
Cool thread. LOts of real nice engine bays and engines. Here's my 499cu 67 cuda.

Attachments

• P4060022.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 528
  • P4060025.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 522
Here's a couple from down under.

This was done thirty years ago, in a 1971 Rambler Rebel. All wires ended up hidden and custom paint as far as you could see. A bit over the top to day, but it was my first attempt at painting and it was the 80's!

View attachment REBEL ENGINE BAY 1.jpg

This is the start of the engine bay in my wifes car, three months full time work. That is to make the plug (original), make the mould then the finished item.

View attachment HZ ENGINE BAY 2.jpg

The end result! Brake booster, battery, everything is where the factory put it. All panels can be removed in a few minutes by removing 16 screws! Super easy to clean for a show. Engine bay has been like this for 9 years. Not a daily driver but does see a fair amount of miles.

View attachment HZ ENGINE BAY 1.jpg

Just finished up the engine bay in my 72 Duster. Pulled the 318, striped and painted with Vibrant Lime Green, and dropped in a 360, should be ready to fire it up as soon as my new yolk for the driveshaft comes in. Then I gotta do some bodywork and paint the rest of the car. Heres before and after...

Butch

Attachments

• DSC01567 (Small).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC02759 (Small).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 468
This is my engine compartment in my 416.

Attachments

• smcar1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 430
here´s mine after hours and hours of welding, sanding and painting
ready1.jpg

and here the dart is ready to go, think i must sort some cables
CIMG4211.JPG

I was under the impression electric fuel pumps needed to be located very close to the fuel tank. This fuel pump looks similar to mine and mine said somthing about being better at pushing than pulling and recommended mounting no further than 12" I think.....just curious

Love this thread. Some beautiful engine bays in the cars guys! All too often I see otherwise nice cars at shows with engine bays that are crappy looking - and owners that think that looking "used" is cool. Glad to see there are others that don't stop at the outer skin...
I only wish I would have gotten my headers ceramic coated the last time the motor was out. I took the short cut and painted them black Hi - Temp but it didn't last.

S73042622.jpg

-
Back