coil spring front

-
hi looking for advice on parts or kits to put coil springs on my 67 barracuda to replace the torsion bars is QA1 the only answer? thanks

no, whats under your barracuda now ?
i have coil over under my 68 barracuda , with probly 2000 miles on it ,kinda wanting to go back stock...bob,

Is anyone else getting harassed by this guy after disagreeing with posts like the gem above or is it just me?
I keep getting notifications and it's this guy just disagreeing with whatever posts came up when he stalked my screen name. There have been at least three so far.
Put him on ignore and you won't get the notifications.

Is anyone else getting harassed by this guy after disagreeing with posts like the gem above or is it just me?
I keep getting notifications and it's this guy just disagreeing with whatever posts came up when he stalked my screen name. There have been at least three so far.

Report his ***. If you ***** enough at the moderators they may do something.

" will be used for street and strip im looking at getting rid of the bars for hedder clearance" and THIS makes all the difference in the world when it comes to the best answer. So many times I see these threads and somebody has to ask "what is the intended usage and expectations" and/or "how much do you want to change your car from stock" whether for looks or historic or monetary value.
I have to admit though, as soon as I saw this thread title I thought somebody might be intentionally trying to elicit an answer from 72 in order to get OldMan going again.

I was all but ready to order the complete RMS system, & I still really like what Bill is doing, but I'm glad I saw that video back then
This is the part that sold me on the validity - the TireRack track, using the TireRack test driver, - faster lap times with that 4-door B body than with a 3-series BMW that he drives for a living (on that very track no less)
It would be a different story if it was a guy that had been putting (a lot) of laps strictly in a mopar up against somebody in a BMW, but those facts above are huge. Not that a 3 series is the end all be all, but it is a pretty high bar compared to a 50+ year old domestic car that was never intended to be a sports car.
HDK by far would be the better choice for me. I have a friend that is doing a " 66 belvedere I " He bought the RMS. He is installing a Hemi for the street & cruises. He has tons of money in the car.

There were holes on the RMS parts that were to small and parts that didn't fit. They gave him the run around. He still had to bring some things to my son to have them machined.

RMS was located by me at one time. I had heard of some others with bad experiences and others with some complements. HDK I never heard one bad thing ever.

Didn't I just get some "disagrees" from you for no reason but to get involved? But for you it's bothersome, The way I see it what comes around goes around. I didn't do anything you didn't do first. But you don't like it.

Oh. That’s a good explanation. I remember this kind of logic from grammar school.

You know what I think? I think were embarrassed when people “disagreed” with your unnecessarily rude conduct. Now, you’re just lashing out, making it other people’s problem.

Just for the record, I know I’ve seen your posts around here but I didn’t have any kind of opinion about you or even any specific memories of things you’ve written before today. I hope that’s true again soon.

don't sweat it, we've all been the victim of this insecure doddering old fool.

besides, it's all fake internet points anyway.

back to the discussion at hand: more pics please, denny!

you got it....

complete (minus shock package @ $500 additional) HDK coil over conversion for 63-76 A bodies...$1295 plus shipping.

20180815_132513 (3).jpg

HDK makes a drag pack version ($50 additional) substituting an aluminum upper shock mount and rod ends / aluminum cone spacers versus the poly ends and aluminum spacers. Also available in the rack and pinion / coil over conversion package.

20220606_101023.jpg

Last edited:
the HDK UCA are designed for 3- 6 positive caster for your OEM spindles. Available for the small ball joint / two versions (9" drums (pictured) and OEM discs) and the later large upper ball joint.
includes adjustable UCA bump stops @$298 plus shipping.

20210127_130911.jpg

20210127_131152.jpg

Last edited:
Those aluminum mounts are slick!

Question - Could using a coilover with a stud upper mount allow for a longer shock/spring combo?

it could.....but when using the OEM shock hole, the 3-1/2od coil spring contacts the frame rail and would require modification. The HDK upper mounts not only re-enforce the OEM bracket, provide a bolt on flange for the chromoly support hoop, but cheat the upper shock mount outward slightly.....same as on the HDK LCA. the shock mount is moved outward.

in case anyone is interested or have a B or E body, back by demand, HDK once again makes the coil over only conversion for the B and E body's. Please tell your friends.

I will go over there and post this evening with a picture.

Thanks for looking and any interest you may have in HDK products,
Denny

it is broken and the web people want $1500 to fix it (click, click) along with a greater yearly fee to maintain it.

view from the bottom up. In typical HDK fashion, please notice how the brackets are tabbed and slotted for ease of install (and almost dummy proof)

View attachment 1716050354
Dummy proof? Now you have my attention. lol

-
Back